Reviews for Edge of Truth
Darkhymns chapter 39 . 6/29/2015
This has been a pretty neat story so far! The Cruxis!Lloyd factor I think is a pretty difficult thing to write, because it messes with Lloyd's character so much. But I really like how you don't have him acting completely different here. Like he reacts in certain ways because of his upbringing, but you still have him acting young and impulsive like he should be. I mean, believing Yggdrassil is his father would easily mess him up, especially after finding out about Kratos (that scene with both of them in the dungeons was really great).

I'm also really glad that Lloyd still has a connection with Colette here, despite that this time they haven't grown up together. It was really sweet finally seeing them interact for the first time, and then seeing it being pushed beyond that later on. I think that can be expected, what with Lloyd's confusion over his own situation back home, and Colette, knowing what will happen to her later on and wanting to act on those feelings. I hope they get to meet up real soon again, and hopefully under more calm circumstances then the last.

Overall, this has been an interesting premise if the game took a darker route like this. It actually makes me realize even more so just how lucky Lloyd was when Dirk found him. If it had been this alternative instead, it's no wonder things take a far more grimdark kind of turn (like with what Lloyd did to Rodyle, I mean, yikes). Though it does look like there's some hope on the horizon - with Kratos' survival, Colette and Sheena's escape, and also Yuan! I really didn't expect him to be still here in this story and that's a real special surprise. Certainly things should start looking up for Lloyd right now, huh? Probably the only thing that I really dislike is maybe the implication of what happened to Raine. I guess the Desians could be ruthless like that, but it's tough seeing that happen to one of my favorites.

Oh! And I started to realize this later on, but does Corrine exist in this story? I don't think I recall them with Sheena, and if they make an appearance later on? That's just a story piece that I've been wondering about. Last chapter left so much plot to be answered! I really hope you get the chance to keep going with this, but either way, this has been a great story to read through. :)
Keko-the-Hybrid chapter 39 . 12/9/2014
I'm really curious where you're gonna go with this! Keep up the great work!
Slulldom chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
Grab, it makes me so frusterarted that I can't even remember half of the characters that were not in the main party. Or the backstory. Grah! But otherwise, good story.
Rune chapter 38 . 11/4/2014
Can't wait for the next one. I really want to see Yggdrasil fry soon... I might have to pull out my copy of the game and get Kratos to beat him up ruthlessly.
the bird of the chapel chapter 13 . 9/15/2014
Ahh this story is just smoothly running by itself. So awesome.
the bird of the chapel chapter 9 . 9/15/2014
;; THAT END. REALLY IS THE EDGE OF TRUTH.
Guest chapter 38 . 8/30/2014
Hope you update soon!
HAASHFbot chapter 38 . 1/31/2014
I love this story. I had to reread it when you posted the latest chapter, but it was worth it. The ending of this chapter was so sweet and, at the same time, sad. I can't wait to see how this continues. In the meantime I'll re-reread it again.
splitheart1120 chapter 38 . 1/4/2014
And things just fall deeper...
Sayla Ragnarok chapter 38 . 1/4/2014
Man, bittersweet chapter endings always make me want to jump into the scene and fix it so my favorite boys can have some happiness. I'm glad to see this story is still going the plot twists are too good for it to stop.
Shiary chapter 38 . 1/4/2014
the Kratos-Lloyd moment was so cute. A very good chapter. I cant wait to see what happens next. Congrats on your best friends wedding and I hope your relationship is going well. Happy new year!
splitheart1120 chapter 37 . 9/1/2013
I'm not even going to ask all the questions I have because I am only going to get more confused at this point...
Sword-Rain chapter 37 . 9/1/2013
Oh thank the lord he lives yet haha. Great chapter!
Shiary chapter 37 . 9/1/2013
Oo nice chapter. I think I like Snapped Lloyd.
terracannon876 chapter 37 . 8/31/2013
Eeeeeeee. He's aliiiiiive

Question though. Why is it that it's doubtful that Kratos will wake up when Yuan had suffered so much more damage? Or did I misread because of the relative amounts of horror Lloyd felt at each scene?

...Aw man. He was present for both their "deaths" .

Thank you for the wonderful new chapter! It's funny to think that, journey-wise, this fic is only a fraction of the way through after all this time.