Reviews for A House Is Not A Home
darkblueyank chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Congratulations on starting your new job... the shock to the system notwithstanding. I'm glad you can still find the time to write!
However things go for Mary and Matthew in S3, I do like your take on it in this story - that Matthew is struggling to establish their marriage away from Downton Abbey (and his mum's house), and finally realizing that Mary is part of Downton and Downton is part of her.
Paty chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
What a lovely, lovely fic. :) I loved it so much, Claire. And... it's almost here! :D
x Miss I x chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
I read this last night and it was so sweet I couldn't stop smiling.

I love how Matthew was desperate for Mary to at least try to contemplate leaving Downton. I wonder how that's explored in series 3! And I can't wait! :D

Nursery :') How they'd never before spoken about children, but how it was the obvious next stage in their marriage. M/M baby feels now!

And oh the bedroom scene and them attempting to leave. That was definitely something else! Amused me how keen they were :P And of course they are! They've waited years! And now that they've started...well I doubt they'll ever stop :P All that sizzling chemistry.

So yes I loved it :D

Thank you for making me smile! This is such a hectic downton week and it hasn't started yet!

Only a few more days!
downtonlove chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Absolutely lovely! I loved having the trailer playing in my mind while they were driving on the road. You've captured them perfectly. Thanks for the treat!
Julie chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Loved it! You are so lucky to see DA in less than a week. We in the US must wait until Jan! It's so unfair!
crankygrrl 2.0 chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
My goodness.

What would the Dowager Countess say?

(Probably that you'd never keep a footman behaving like that all hours of the day.)

Bravo!
athena10867 chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
What an adorable look at newly married M/M. Wonderful writing as always capturing M/M perfectly.
R. Grace chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
*madly fanning self* Oh! This was so hot and steamy and utterly perfect! Sweet Matthew wanting them to have a home of their own...then realizing Downton was home. I loved that detail. And Matthew think about the nursery... just...just Matthew! Gah! He's too adorable and wonderful in every way. Thank you ever so much for sharing!
smndolphin chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS! I loved how at the start Matthew couldn't quite surrender the idea of living near, but not in Downton, wanting him and Mary to have their own space. It also made perfect sense how Mary couldn't help but bristle a bit, but Matthew was able to convince her to at least give the home a try. It was adorable seeing them walk around and I could just picture Matthew bashfully suggesting which room would be good for a nursery, which for their room. You have an amazing talent for making the temperature just skyrocket between these two. Yes, going home is a good idea ... but the stairs are right there ;). It was pitch perfect, spontaneous and visceral. And then Matthew's thoughts as they were there, that his home was Mary. Mary WAS Downton, and I think she always was. I really do feel that part of why he began to see Downton in his future back in S1 was because either consciously or sub-consciously, he began seeing Mary as his future. So then, if Home Mary, and Mary Downton, therefore, Downton Home, which he made clear, despite being in this lovely house, when he asked her if she wanted to go home.

Perfect fic is perfect :). Loved how you incorporated the spoiler lines. Thank you as always for sharing your amazing fic with us I can't wait to read whatever you write next!
Readwriter3 chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Looking forward to Season 3, and this was the perfect hint at what's to come. Love, love, love your work as always!
Lady Etiquette chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
This was incredibly sweet and seemed quite true to character. I was puzzled by your A/N at the end when you remarked 'less than a week to go"...I thought, I wonder that is referring to? Then it dawned on me and I went to your profile-you are a Brit! So you get to see DA's premier so soon! Yay! How wonderful! Anyway, I loved this story and your writing is always such a joy to read. Thank you for writing! :)
Sugarnsoul chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Wow...so unbelievably sweet and hot at the same time! What a great primer for the start of the new series!
27 | « Prev Page 1 2