Reviews for I'm Steele Here
WhiteFeather1965 chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
That was an amazing story that delved into Laura's deepest issues and darkest memories. Thank you for giving us a profound peek into her heart of hearts, her very soul. Keep up the good work. Hope to see more from you.
PierceFan chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Beautiful!
I didn't know the song, but I found it on Youtube and loved it immediately. You've added the right story to it!
keri.mohror chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Wow. Just ... Wow. I've been loving your videos (I assume you are also Bookgrrl on Vimeo?), and now this. You know these characters so well. Bravo!
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Nicely done. Enjoyed this.
eaz35173 chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
GREAT story! Just some random comments ...

Love the idea of using a song to help tell the story and get at Laura's emotions.

I think you've created some great backstories for Laura. Little glimpses into what makes her tick.

Her dad not showing up to the dance was sooo sad. Glad she at least pushed that girl off the bench!

Loved that she was playing Cops & Robbers as a kid and got a thrill out of being the thief!

I like how you switched between the memories of Laura's present with Remington, and the memories of the past with her family.

Loved how you had her notice that it's the little, everyday things that she had become accustomed to in his presence - like his handkerchief.

I liked this observation ... "Always patient, he never pushed her to give more than she was ready to surrender. Understanding, even forgiving—after a cool down period, of course—when she lashed out at him, hurt him with wounds both emotional and physical. Sometimes the injury was on purpose, as with an occasional toe-crushing stomp to shut him up. Other times they were accidental, with a careless answer or a flippant, defensive reply to his innocent questions."

I would have liked to have seen them air that movie-watching "game" they made up!

I could totally see her doing the Scarlett O'Hara thing.

Just a bit of confusion in the story for me, an "ice-box" moment, if you will ... If Laura took the Rabbit to Steele's place the next morning, why did she get in the limo with Fred?

Oh, and one more ... "Men made women messy." - The Thomas Crown Affair, Pierce Brosnan, Renee Russo, Irish Dream Time, 1999 ;)