Reviews for To Lands Down Under
Alex Aces chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
I liked it. Though, I wish it had gone on a bit longer and included a twist. Wouldn't have to be all that big... Well, maybe they had never actually tried to have a second child, and now they're eager to "start" a family, and one of the parents says "Just as long as it's a boy—I wouldn't really want a daughter, you know?"

Melodrama and angst levels aside, it was perfectly written! Thanks for posting :)
Taylor1991 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Nice little piece. Perhaps, you could post a short one shot about how her parents are faring after she fixes it, and a glimpse into their lives after she tells them why she had to do what she did, because in cannon, it doesn't look like she cared for them much, and almost like she wrote them out of her life, "for the greater good". I don't doubt however, that it was a difficult decision for her to make, but they were owed at least an explanation as to why and JKR never showed us said explanation. Love the one shot though.
Anonymouse chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
Nice - short and sweet.
Astrid Goes For A Spin chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Mmmm. Wouldn't there have been a stamp for the several-week summer holiday to France pre-book 3? Other than that, wonderful!
magitech chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Can't speak for others, but I personally found this to be one of the most horrible & disgusting things done in the canon books & shows what an total selfish, abusive bitch Granger is. And also how poorly thought out this was by JK.

IF she talked to her parents & they agreed to go, a memory charm wouldn't be necessary, so either they refused to run & hide, or like most magicals, Hermione thought their opinions didn't matter & just charmed them. So she essentially murders her parents (for the greater good) and sends them off regardless of the damage to their business & lives, or even possible brain damage from her amateur memory charm.

And moving to another country requires passports, visa's, currency exchange, and many many other things. Gringotts would NOT be able to help as the magical world knows NOTHING about computers. I think her parents would be picked up at the airport (either UK or Australian) and be detained for false documents as nothing would be in the computer records.

I admit I am not a Granger fan, and this shows Hermione has become a mudblood.
A muggleborn is not automatically a mudblood, what I call a mudblood is a muggleborn who has gone native as such and totally turns from the normal world & completely apes the mannerisms and abuses of the magical.
Personally I don't see this part of the books as sweet
Kaeso Corvinus chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Yes, interestingTHIS ISN'T YEAR FIVE!

lol, regardless, it's a nice little piece, maybe a follow-up after the war when she gets them back?
hiya chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Me likey!
SSS - Severus Snape Supporter chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
brb sobbing too much to type. ... loved it. you might need to put up a tissue warning. :')
MaeSilverpaws1 chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Awwwww what a sweet start to a very interesting story...
BTW I really wanted some of that Sunday dinner LOL...
Mae
Tommy14 chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
How sad for Hermione. Thanks for the glimpse of their new life.
The Next Man chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
This is pretty cool. I would like to find out how they actually fared in Australia, though.