Reviews for TCOT Midlife Crisis
LoveofVelma chapter 2 . 9/12/2012
Oh, so good! and true to the characters as I remember them so many years ago and yet with your own twist. Great story and I'd love to hear what happens on their 'fishing' trip.
delia cerrano chapter 2 . 9/12/2012
That was a great TV show & book series. I often wondered whast was between them now I know. Good job!
tengland2 chapter 2 . 9/12/2012
Certainly enjoyed that fight. They needed to get it all out in the open. Finally back where they belong-together.
Salysha chapter 2 . 9/12/2012
I must be going blind. I could've sworn there was only one chapter when the story had the Complete tag. Never fear, I am here!

The ending was sexy. Della read about this mysterious act in the book? Somehow, the image is hilarious, but seriously, how else were you gonna pick up anything those days? I approve. You have to be pretty elegant at finding the right kind of... books... though. I still think extra-marital sex is a no-no, but then again, this takes place so long after the series that times have moved on. The pill was approved by FDA... when? 1960? So yeah, time has elapsed. Maybe just the fact that they had been lovers already sparked my suspicious eye squint. They do love to moralize in the original works.

Pondering aside, the ending was pretty damn hot. "She made him feel like a king" is gorgeous! With the fight, I'm thinking that yeah, Perry's used to bulldozing his way through everything and Della outright supports him, but what happens when the balance is upset and the either one wants more? Or wants out...? You end up with a heart-breaking standstill, just like in this fic.

With the first chapter, sympathies were on Perry's side; now, Della is the one your heart goes out to. Nice shifting, and good playing on the reader's feelings! I liked the first chapter for the contemplative mood, but I liked the second chapter for the conclusion and happy end (ahem, that wasn't intent- never mind).
StartWriting chapter 2 . 9/12/2012
This was great. I loved the way you explained their falling apart without wanting it to happen, the way they finally yelled, the way they were assuming around eachother, and then the romance. It's the best. Thanks again!
E. Wallace chapter 2 . 9/11/2012
Sometimes it just takes a good argument to clear the air and this one was very well done.

Oh and Perry and Della as fishing bums? I can totally see them doing that for a couple of months before opening a new law firm.
E. Wallace chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Very subtle that in the shower he thinks he hears her voice then later finds out that he actually did.

I love the fact that Perry Mason, the man who wheedled all sorts of information out of recalcitrant witnesses - and confessions out of killers - in court couldn't get anything more than small talk out of Della over dinner.

Perry had better be heading for Della's before Westmoreland shows up again!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/11/2012
Wowsa...glad you didn't stop with one chapter...now - go ye therefore and write another!
kaleen1212 chapter 2 . 9/11/2012
Loved it! Only complaint is that it was too short! Glad to see you writing Perry/Della stories again.
Michelle Weiner chapter 2 . 9/11/2012
I had an idea that they would get back together and that this would be a great chapter. It isn't great...it's incredibe! I really enjoyed your twist on what happened. So much anxt and emotion. You did a spectacular job with this story, getting them to admit how they really felt. Now they're back together and all is right in the world.
bibliophile tropicale chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Very enjoyable! A lot of good details to ponder. I could see many 'Roger Westmorelands' circling our fair Della during her time at Gordon Industries. She would be quite a catch in more ways than one. Both Perry and Della are going through their mid-life crises in very different ways. Very interesting and insightful. This mighty good stuff!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Well done! Now let us hear Della's point of view.
Marti chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Really liked your story! M
Salysha chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
As I reached the last line, I still kept expecting Della to be there! I figured she'd left the earring as a bait and as waiting for Perry to catch up, silently watching as he indulged in a few drinks. But no Della - only Perry who's picked up through silent introspection and remembered who he is: a man won't go down without a fight.

Some lines I liked particularly: "talent for subtle censure" (ooh, very nice!) "mated glasses" - "visceral response" - "transition from seedy to purposeful." This was done with a good touch, and the air was definitely contemplative, even mournful. Fluent work! T.B.C. in TCOT Another Chance?
Guest chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Please hurry with the next chapter!
40 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »