Reviews for With Friends Like These
Shadowed Voices chapter 1 . 8/17
This is incredibly sad.
LadyRainDancer chapter 1 . 8/3
Aww, that's kinda sweet, in a sort of twisted way
Zarbapha chapter 1 . 7/26
Irony, such beautiful irony...!
Mighty Bob chapter 1 . 7/11
Every once in awhile when I'm bored, I go to your profile page and read through all your shorts and one shots...and it just makes my day so much better. You have a real gift for twisting and inverting things in ways that make a horrifying amount of sense. Keep up the good work dear lady *bows*
That's almost… sweet.
Tobee chapter 1 . 5/22
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Shae Vizla chapter 1 . 5/20
It's a little sad to think Naruto never realized his arrests were in reality an act of kindness.
Dantriestobeproductive chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
This fic is believable in a weird way; after all, I'd make sense that Itachi got his amazing way of dealing with Sasuke on the night of Massacre from his father...that being, trauma-inducing bad.
(And of course Fugaku would not think about making the kid's stay borderline 'pleasant'...or at least give him a toy to play with, damn). I really don't want to think what having a little Naruto bored in a cell for hours on no end must have been like...I almost feel sorry for them xD
That said, a heart-wrenching and weirdly amusing story that left me with a slightly bitter aftertaste, since I doubt Naruto will ever know about the other side of the story (and seriously, Konoha citizens in general are really shitty dealing with orphans' situations and Naruto's in particular, jfc. I'm not sure if it's a shinobi thing or a lack-of-basic-child-services thing, though). I really enjoyed this.
Thank you very much for posting it!
VJ Riddle chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
Oooh... nice. I like the two perspectives on the issue, Naruto's and his righteous indignation, and Fugaku's actual not-so-bad motivations... super nice!
Kriss1989 chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
This...is kind of sad in that unless he is one day told, Naruto will forever hate the clan that went out of its way to do anything they could to protect him.
AnimeFreak71777 chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
This is kinda cute
gueat chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
aww
paracuties chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Awww... :'( THAT'S SO SADDD! The ENTIRE time they were just trying to protect Naruto. PROTECT HIM. I'm so glad that you made the Uchiha actually reasonable, since Kushina was friends with Mikoto and so naturally I thought that the Namikaze and Uchiha families would've been close if they'd survived and Naruto would've been taken in or somehow taken care of by the Uchihas...

And you did make them do that. So, so glad. They could've done it in a nicer way, though. Mikoto or someone could've at least explained to him, even if Naruto didn't believe it. And when he was in the holding cell, then they could still be nice and give him toys or whatever...well anyway.

AWESOME story. Keep writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Excellent Work! :)

I do wonder what would happen if Sasuke was to reinstate the 'KMP' and he saw Naruto's criminal record- one would imagine it would be at least a foot thick by the time of the massacre...

I can't help but imagining Sasuke saying “Well this explains a lot”
Flavio S chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
Well, that was sad. At least Fugaku had a good intention.