Reviews for You're Kidding Right?
Vulcan Rider chapter 9 . 10/14/2012
I found it a bit Surprising that Edna and Bella would be friends, but Bella must not have been totally in denial like Helen and Angie were. Some people never learn and what goes around, comes around, such as gossip...illegitimate grandchildren...STDs...and again, more gossip, but this time directed at themselves. The two biggest gossips being gossiped about in their own sandlot.

Although this was an AU story, and disrespectful to the dead, I can't think of a "nicer" person for it to happen to. Always so arrogant thinking that women should be "grateful" he would grace them with his sexual favors, and that Stephanie should be "thankful" that he would be willing to marry her, even though she was head over heels in love with another man; not to mention he was constantly betraying his so called "love" for Stephanie with other women, namely her arch nemesis. The fan fiction version of Joe Morelli deserved this send-off, although I think the Joe Morelli of the early books could have been a great guy had Janet not turned him into the demanding, authoritarian, self-involved person he portrayed to everyone during each of Stephanie's "disasters", yelling about how her antics were affecting HIM, without ever once making sure she was okay first.

Things could have taken a different road and turned many of us Babes into more of a Cupcake, especially after he was so understanding and caring after she killed Jimmy Alpha in book one, and he was there to help her get through the emotional trauma of having taken another human's life. Janet turned so many potential "Cupcakes" against Joe, by having him turn into a caricature of himself with his "Bob misses you" and "The boys miss you". Although fan fiction took off running with his comments and arm flapping and played those things up, JE's books didn't do Joe any favors by his always keeping vital information from Stephanie that could have kept her safe, especially when it regarded HER safety, about her stalkers, and when he would use the work SHE did figuring out the puzzle pieces to advance HIS career without giving any mention about how SHE was the one to put it all together.

Had he not been so egotistical in the actual books, he could have worked it out where she could have gotten recognition for her work and improved her self image, then possibly made it look inviting for her to help out on the investigative side of the police force, but it would have meant Joe giving up a little bit of his recognition and the "slaps on the back" for great work, when it was Steph who blew the case wide open. What could have brought them together, back when he was somewhat caring toward her in the beginning, actually tore them apart. The actual icing on the cake, was when Joe left Stephanie in emotion turmoil, wondering if she was going to be arrested anytime for the murder of Dickie Orr, when all the time, Joe had him living under his roof, keeping all these facts from Stephanie. Once again, proving that his career meant more to him than his feelings for Stephanie. Those were the things that turned so many 'Cupcakes' into 'Babes', even me, who sat on the fence for a while, before becoming a full-fledged "Babe".

So, for all the Cupcakes out there who may be angry about this story, think about those things, and remember that the fan fiction writers had a lot of Janet's own work to base their fury over Joe's actions on. Not to mention that the Cupcakes were warned IN ADVANCE and several times afterward, that this was not favorable to Joe Morelli, so they had the knowledge it wasn't going to be something that would make them happy.

I've read a few Cupcake stories, where I wasn't warned in advance, that made Ranger look like a heartless opportunist, and Joe look like a loving, faithful man who won the woman; and the ones that were well written got kudos for their excellent wording, fleshing out of characters, dialogue and storyline; and the ones that were just so-so at least got a nice line about their work put in to give readers a bit of pleasure. So Cupcakes out there really have no beef over this story, other than their "hero" was made to look the fool he became in this story.

All in all, it was a humorous story, where we got to enjoy the "mission" that the Rangemen helped grandma Mazur with, and Joe showed his true colors, even though they were "Blow Job Red" by impregnating so many women who had "NO OTHER SEXUAL PARTNERS"...what does that tell us? Not to mention the STDs he spread around. I think the story did what it set out to do. The author made it all slightly over the top, but then again, Edna was always very Flamboyant in anything she did, and her new understanding with Ranger and his men worked to her advantage to help cover her tracks. Bella knew the type of man her Grandson was and was ashamed of the man he had become, when there had been hope for him at one point, but his shameful actions returned and eventually came back to bite him in the a$$, and all over the rest of his body. :-)

So, in summation, may I say...great work. Thank you for this entertaining story. Pay no attention to the cries of the offended Cupcakes. It is quite a bit due in part to Janet E.'s work in taking his character and imbuing him with unfavorable traits in the later books, herself. Your work, here, speaks for itself and gives us a few things to laugh about and he was treated in death with the respect with which he treated others in life. Thanks for sharing your work with us.
Maggie M.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
Ha, ha, ha! RAOFLMFOA Gotta love Edna and her posse!
Emelie Martel chapter 9 . 9/24/2012
If only JE could see it our way.
leah-audreysgramma chapter 9 . 9/23/2012
a perfect day in plum land!
cindy
babesrus2 chapter 9 . 9/23/2012
Good one.
Barb4psu chapter 8 . 9/22/2012
Too funny. Love the Rangeman mission
Deanna - AKA - RampsAngl chapter 8 . 9/22/2012
Love it! LMAO great job! can't wait to see what you come up with next time

Deanna
mybrowneyes chapter 8 . 9/22/2012
The top secret mission getting them to the funeral home was funny. Lee Anne
HayNSW2711 chapter 8 . 9/22/2012
LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
babesrus2 chapter 8 . 9/22/2012
Loved the lapel pin. Very 'touching'.
Emelie Martel chapter 8 . 9/22/2012
Time to take Joey down. Go Margaret.
Deanna - AKA - RampsAngl chapter 7 . 9/21/2012
LMAO Loved the chapter.
HayNSW2711 chapter 7 . 9/21/2012
Please don't leave me hanging... Hope there is an update by the time I wake up in the morning please...:)
Barb4psu chapter 7 . 9/21/2012
LOL. Too funny
leah-audreysgramma chapter 7 . 9/21/2012
i wonder if a real "ranger" will apply for the position!?
cindy lou