Reviews for Bremerhaven
Lyannette Zoe Cullen chapter 16 . 1/2
Please, update soon. Love the story! The way you use the angst of him, the Captain's, not knowing if he would end in prison and the way he is taking care of her. Maria's angst, because she doesn't know what's there's status as a couple.
IDontKnowYourSignal chapter 16 . 1/1
Wow! This story is absolutely brilliant! I'm so glad you updated it because I hadn't read any of the previous chapters before today. Loved it! I hope you keep updating. Thank you.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 16 . 12/27/2016
Nice to see an update with this story.
The way Georg expects and accepts that his fate in England will likely not be a happy one, but hopes for the best for Maria was lovely.
The way he ran off after turning green while she skinned the animal was amusing, and the way he did everything he could to make sure she would be okay, to the point of giving her Agathe's ring was beautiful.
augiesannie chapter 16 . 12/27/2016
SO thrilled to see this update! I love the way their love shines through all the fear and tension around them - leaves me aching for a happy ending. Loved the use of the ring as an object in the story. This has always been a favorite story for me!
RhizOneill chapter 16 . 12/27/2016
What a lovely surprise. It has been so long have I read this. Great chapter. I have miss reading this story. I hope to read more of this story soon.
eve1993 chapter 16 . 12/27/2016
Aww I'm so glad you updated! I've been rereading your story for the past year. I really love reading it, it's one of the most beautiful stories out there. Oh I hope they'll be alright and especially Georg, I don't think I can bare to see him hurt again.
NanahBelle chapter 16 . 12/27/2016
you have no idea how much I've been hoping you'd update! this is one of my all time favorite stories! The update notification popped up on my phone and I literally squealed! please, please, please continue!
BlossomOfEdelweiss chapter 16 . 12/27/2016
What a nice surprise to see this update. I honestly thought it was going to be an unfinished story. This has been a wonderful read and I'm so glad that you added another chapter. I love how different it is from other fanfics and you do such a great job of keeping them both in character yet also showing how what they have been through is changing them. Hope to see another update soon.
charleybec chapter 16 . 12/26/2016
Oh, I'm so glad you have updated this story. Luckily I have a good memory so I didn't have to try and recall where the story was up to. I really hope you continue this story again soon. I've really enjoyed it and I can't bear to be left hanging again.
Lauren chapter 15 . 6/10/2016
Such a clever fic. Hope you post more soon.
Tara chapter 15 . 4/5/2016
I love the morose atmos you've created in this story. Very dark. It's like I'm in the middle of a war zone with Georg and Maria. Hope you update soon. Need to get our couple to a happier place after their ordeal.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 15 . 4/4/2016
Well that was an interesting turn of events. I do quite like the idea of Georg knocking the driver out (maybe because he didn't throttle the Admiral).
And he is once again, trying to make it easy on her, which only makes her more annoyed. But I do like the fact that even after everything they've been through, in the middle of the war, on the run, they can find some peace.
This was a very unique and intense, but definitely amazing story.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 14 . 4/4/2016
Yikes! That ending was just awful (from the Admiral that is; I certainly wanted Georg to throttle him). But of course he doesn't just insult Georg, he's got to send Maria off to France with him, of course under the threat that he misbehaves and she's gone.
I love the idea that they have a little routine sorted out. And the way you explained his journey there was brilliant; it felt like it hurt, and it gave him time to reflect on all the horrors of the war.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 13 . 4/4/2016
Oh my goodness. So many feels!
The despair they both felt was great; with her desperate for him to wake up, and him desperate for the pain to end.
I also loved the gradual nature with which this chapter was written. First he wakes up, then it's the oxygen mask gone, then it's the bedpan, then it's him starting to feed himself. It really made it seem believable.
I loved Maria's line about only the patients she cares about, and then when Georg's apologising it's 'only the ones I love'
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 12 . 4/4/2016
Maria throwing herself into her work now that Georg is gone was perfect, and had an even bigger impact when he arrived. I love the idea of the Admiral putting him under her sole care.
And of course, everything that went through her mind as she cleaned him up, from cleaning a body that she knew, to the rings as a symbol for her uncertainty of her place in his life even now.