Reviews for There Were Nine
WolfAtSea chapter 9 . 12/4/2014
Amazing story! You are such a skilled writer; have to be honest that stories with both entrancing plot lines and excellent writing are hard to find on a website like this. I finished the entire series today and it's been mesmerizing. The narrative techniques you have chosen - subjective/stream of consciousness for Don and Ian v. more objective and plot-driven narratives for all the other characters - are very interesting. All the stories weave together really well to form the entire story arc, and in my opinion, you handled all the POVs extremely well. All in all, great job and keep up the good work!
b00kw0rms chapter 9 . 3/18/2013
I just started bawling. How dare you be so good at this? I would write a longer review but I don't want to cry...heartbreaking.
rr chapter 9 . 1/3/2013
keep up the good work.
over the years since the series ended the no. of good fics that capture the essence of ''all' the numb3rs family are getting rare. your work was enjoyed and appreciated.
thank u for sharing this story.

p.s. Maybe something more cheerful next time?
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 9 . 11/11/2012
Alright, we knew two things from the beginning; one, that Don was going to die in this story and two, that I was not thrilled about it. In the end it was your story to tell and I figured if Don had to die, at least do it right. You most certainly did it right. This was a masterpiece of angst - from literally everyone's point of view. I'm not ashamed to say I cried, or at least swallowed back a few tears, in nearly every single chapter. I think one of the main reasons it was so difficult to maintain my composure is that each and every single character was completely true to the ones we watched (and miss) on the show. There are sooooo many images from this story that will continue to haunt me and I have to say that it made me revisit a current story that I have been working on that was supposed to be filled with angst and it didn't even come close to the emotions in this story. So thanks for both the story and the inspiration.
Damerel chapter 2 . 10/4/2012
First thing to say, you're definitely getting me interested in Billy!

This... It's not easy to read, because the lines they charge across, eagerly, in their lust for revenge, is something I wonder how either of them will ever be able to find a way back from. Yet at the same time, I felt a vicarious satisfaction. So yes, not easy to read for either of those reasons.

I don't really know Billy (yet), but I can definitely see Colby reacting this way - we get the start of it in 'The Fifth Man' - and it's an interesting insight into the different role Don plays (please note present tense - am in complete denial) for each of his team, keeping them balanced.

I love that you're giving us angst, plot, and thinky-thoughts too - really, fantastically done. Even if I may never speak to you again because of the basic premise underlying this story.
Damerel chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
I know you expected vitriol and lack of punctuation, but I think I am too exhausted from the raw emotion of this to subject you to either of those things (now, anyway – give me time to recover!). It’s so beautifully observed, all the little things, as they wait at the hospital, the physical outworkings of emotional trauma that you don’t hit us over the head with but are just there.

And I am not taking about Coop's or Colby's reactions at the beginning because I think you broke me with them.
teddybearX3 chapter 9 . 9/25/2012
finally able to read the end... and wow what a stong chapter and a beautiful ending...
I didn't think I had more tears left... but had plenty...
it was great, just perfect! Perfect!

Thank you so much for this wonderfull story !
Skewbald chapter 9 . 9/21/2012
This was soooo good! I went back and re-read this one, had to let it sink in because it all seemed like it really happened. You should totally write to CBS, saying you'd write a new script for a new season of NUMB3RS. Lol!
nessy22 chapter 9 . 9/20/2012
There were nine chapters. He is burried now, but life will go on.
You are a very well gifted author! And I'm so happy, you chose Numb3rs for those stories. In this case, I'd like to thank you very much for this wonderful and touching time, you gave us.
I would be very happy to read more from you...
Cissyaliza chapter 9 . 9/20/2012
It's very strange : I hate deathfic... Nervertheless I like this one. Differents parts are very goods and there is many feelings in each parts.
Finaly I like it, even I'm so sad that Don is dead (Why haven't you killed Ian?)
Brothers2008 chapter 9 . 9/20/2012
OMG ! OMG ! OMG ! This was everything I'd expected from such a great author as yourself ! You brought the most fantastic story that I have EVER read, to a very satisfiying conclusion ! You tied everything up with this final chapter ! I'm know that this comes easy for you, what with the wonderful writing skills that you possess ! And, Yes, I cried and cried and cried, through the entire chapter ! I'll be re-reading this chapter many, many times ! You are the Greatest !
Please continue to write "NUMB3RS" fanfiction stories ! You have such a wonderful gift and such a grasp of these characters ! I will definitely read any future stories that you write ! All I can say is "Thank You", from the bottom of my heart for such a fabulous story as this one ! Please, keep up the fantastic work ! :)
Diana chapter 9 . 9/20/2012
thank you for your story. I just wish after all Don and Ian went through that you would have left them both live. It was a good story and thank you for writing it. I enjoyed reading it very much Thank you
notsing chapter 9 . 9/19/2012
I told you at the beginning of all this not to rush it, but to let it brew, and you roasted it beautifully. Torture stories have been done before, but never like this. You took your time, lingered over certain parts, and shifted view points skillfully. This has been a most remarkable experience, I can't thank you enough for it. As to a suggestion for a future story, I'm partial to Don and Billy stories.
notsing chapter 8 . 9/19/2012
Just logged on, and saw you had two more chapters posted. Don't know what breaks my heart more, Megan's pain, or the fact I only have one more chapter of this fantastic story.
Brothers2008 chapter 8 . 9/19/2012
Another emotional chapter ! You got some more tears outta me, and believe me, I didn't think that would be possible, what with all the crying you've had me do already ! ( should own stock in the Kleenex company )...( LOL ) :)
The last little paragraph did me in..."Anything but to be the one blinking, trying to steady her pounding heart and heaving lungs long enough to tell them that yes, they're bringing Don home but not really because they lost him on a sidewalk, somewhere far away, and all they have to bring home is a body." ( WAaaaaaaa, tears, sobs, sniffs, Aaaaaa, more tears... )
I figured you'd be winding this up eventually ( Noooooooo ! ). But I sure was hoping to hear from Ian ! Once he's recovered enough, there would have to be a debriefing and then we would get to hear some of the emotional stuff from Ian, about how Don died protecting HIM ! About how much they had helped each other stay strong, and trying sooo hard to escape and make it home to loved ones ! About wondering what was behind the whole kidnapping him and Don in the first place ! I'm sure that Ian will have some things to say about their ordeal and he'll want to express his sympathy to Don's team and family ! ( and especially to Charlie )
Man, do I ever get carried away some times ? ( duh? )
You are a FANTASTIC author ! Thank you sooo much for this wonderful storyline ! Thank you for taking the time and effort ( during RL ) to write such an emotional, angst ridden story for us NUMB3RS fans ! Please write more NUMB3RS stories ! You are too good at it, to stop now ! Love you for this ! :) :) :)
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »