Reviews for Christmas, Camouflaged
Broken Mermaid chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Wufei might be disappointed, but I'm not. That felt very real, very sweet, two people who want to spend the rest of their lives together and are looking for the best way to do just that.
oldshoe chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I've been revisiting my old favorite fandom from a decade ago (give or take) and came across your story. It's nice to see that there is new stuff still being written. This is sure better then the smutty blanket fics I used to read in my youth lol. Thanks for the awesome read.
lo chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
This was sweet, I really liked how they interacted and played off of each other. It really seemed like that had a strong nurturing relationship. Great work.
aphroditeachan chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
OK, marry me, please? I honestly cannot think of a better pickupme after a long day than this fic. Quatre is too cute here and I LOVE Trowa. LOVE LOVE LOVE. He's all sexy-and-I-know-it but utterly devoted to Quatre. "I believe in you." *hearts in eyes*

The proposal and the exchange about Quatre's weight was hilarious as well. Wufei would have a coronary.

Again, I LOVE your fics. I'm not sure if I've read every single 3x4 you've written but you can bet I'm going to make sure I do, pronto!
Kaeru Shisho chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
I'll just dive right into my favorite lines...

I remember feeling exactly this way at an event! Thank you for finding just the right words to express the frustration and need to vent: "By midnight, his jaw ached from smiling and he very badly wanted to hit something."

I loved this fresh take on Q relationship with his sisters: "Really, life had been so much easier when his sisters had disapproved of him being gay. Then, at some point, they'd presumably realised that a gay brother wasn't going to produce children, meaning there'd be so much more of WEI to go around for everyone else."
Wouldn't they though, speaking of being mercenary?

And his summary of it: "'You have not the remotest idea of what or who I need.'"

I laughed long and hard at this (especially the emphasis on "the peak") about Duo thinking of myself, naturally: "...He'd been at the peak of his arts and crafts phase, and they'd made decorations..."

I love the journey Quatre takes us on, remembering Christmas past. No sugar coating but plenty of sweetness when he thinks of his friends and lover despite the harsh events.

And Trowa's dry humor here: Trowa grinned. 'Actually, it is a gun.' He kissed him again. 'But I'm really happy to see you.'

You reveal the gun shot injury slowly and keep the dialog sparse and dry... like the drinks and the fire... and create an intimate atmosphere.

You make this couple so close and able to say things like this jokingly: "Trowa nodded. 'There'd be travel, probably, whatever I end up doing. A fair bit. I'd still be away sometimes.'
'Good. I obviously wouldn't want to have you under my feet all the time.'"

And this was so funny and so obviously between two very, very, close friends certain of their love: "...Just say yes, already, so I can take you upstairs and fuck you.'

'Well, if you put it like that. Fine.' Wufei, with all his overblown ideas about high romance, would be terribly disappointed to hear this story.

'Sheesh, Quat, don't knock yourself out accepting or anything.' ..." and ending with the best Trowa line: "...'You have actually met me, right?' Trowa retorted. 'Man, I should've listened to Duo when he told me you were going to be seriously high maintenance. You don't even like champagne, but if you do want all that stuff, you'd better marry Zechs.'..."

Adoring, warm, established couple still breathtakingly hot. Thanks for the story!

-KS
snowdragonct chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Hey, you totally didn't mention this story earning FIRST PLACE in the Moments of Rapture 2012 contest! You need to speak up about your award-winning writing! You deserve the accolades.
And meanwhile, I just bask in the nice touch of romance. I am a SUCKER for romance!
jlibo000 chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Wonderful story, really loved it! I actually read it last night on the Moments of Rapture contest page and was planning on PM-ing you today to tell you congratulations on winning! I was so happy to see the name of one of my all-time favorite writers up there! :D RL got in my way and I was really bummed that I didn't have the time to read and vote when the stories where first put up, so I was waiting for September like whoa! :D I'm so happy you won, I love it when talented people are recognized for their awesomeness!

Lots of hugs and kisses,
Lola