Reviews for Digimon Genesis
Black Knightmon chapter 28 . 9/24/2003
Things are getting more and more interesting. I like the death camp idea, very WOII-ish and led by the Sovereigns no less. Crazy and evil Sovereigns who are all at the highest evolution levels. That's going to be a hard thing to escape from.

The racism really adds to the dark tone you've set for this digital world. In a world ruled by powerful viral digimon it can be expected that Vaccine's get trampled underfoot, the poor things.
TakiMaki chapter 28 . 9/18/2003
Awsome. Down Right awsome.
tremor3258 chapter 28 . 9/12/2003
This definitely different take on the general Digimon formula continues to be unconventional and interesting. The last few chapters seem to be resetting the tone to earlier in the arc, with the Genesis Team being somewhat aimless and lacking direction as they're once again in the near-unknown, and so are following authority figures that they perhaps should know better.

Despite the apparent overall objective in this arc as finishing off evil and proving that they're worth something more than mistakes, the level of anger most of the kids still have is keeping them from a clear leader (Takumi, probably) and hurting their progress. It'll be fascinating to see if he manages to hold up to the challenge.
Adamant chapter 28 . 9/9/2003
Your story is, as ever, excellent. It's certainly better than mine (grumbles incoherantly).

Something that occured to me. If they were ever discovered in their human forms and put in one of those death chambers (in their human forms) what would happen? Would they survive? Would they pretend to die?
gerjomarty chapter 28 . 9/8/2003
another great chapter! I really think its a good plotline that you have going on in this chapter. The way that digimon of different types were sent to different schools and the way that same-types get on better. It reminds me of some governments a very long time ago, filled with racism. Its very interesting to see how this will turn out. Thanks, can't wait for next chapter!
strim chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
FREAKY! I found my mind-twin. My current OC digi-fic "Of Pure Data" starts somewhat similarly to yours. Of course- you obviously published yours first so I look like a copier or something *hides*
null-defunct chapter 28 . 9/7/2003
Dang cool! Man, seems like almost everyone in this Digital World in a posisiton of power's rather nuts, no? Man, makes me wonder how powerfull Deamon can be if he's got all four Sovreigns working for him un-questionably. Or perhaps have they been scaled down in power to fit thier role in the story? It was rather interesting to see how they contrasted with thier On-screne counter-parts, and that 'mix-up' joke was beautiful. Man, it just dosn't get any easier for the group, does it? Great job, as always, and here's hoping the next part, and all parts there after are just as good, if not better.
Rapidmon chapter 27 . 8/29/2003
This is a really good fic. Keep all those chapters coming. I have something about speech. You can write it like someone says something, dos something, and someone else does something all on the same speech paragraph/line. You must always start a new line when a person talks.

Very good. Keep writing!
Black Knightmon chapter 27 . 8/13/2003
Takumi’s ultimate form is certainly powerful, Ryota is going to feel that for a while. Lucky for them Saber Leomon was a level higher then Radiatimon, otherwise there might not have been a town left.

Hm, Daemon as the ruler of the digital world. Poor Piedmon, he never seems to get any luck in ruling a world. Still taking on Daemon seems a bit out of reach for the Genesis Team, but if they have to get the lieutenants first then they can train up some more.
Black Knightmon chapter 26 . 8/13/2003
Poor Takumi, to have build his hopes up so much and then to have them plunge down the deep end. That would make almost anyone lose it, to bad when he did he became a bloodthirsty Ultimate (Perfect) digimon. I like Radiatimon by the way.

Your digiworld is certainly dark, the First Slaughter and the death camps reminds me a lot of World War 2, nice touch. This makes your world very authentic and also one of the darkest I’ve seen so far.
Zerrat chapter 27 . 8/12/2003
Nice story! I've been reading for a while, and great job!
NeoTamer X chapter 2 . 8/8/2003
This story is great! I i like the dragon wolf thing. reminds me of the good old days with taichi and matt...!
Neo Tamer X chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
This is a cool story.l it is more real than the shows. good job!1
Uratoh Smith chapter 27 . 8/5/2003
This was a good chapter, Magna. You seemed to have improved on some of the faults of the last chapter. Shun plays a more important role in this chapter and was only used for one noticeable Junpei joke. On the other hand, Yuka and Reina still felt like they were in the background. However, you did give a plausible reason for why Shun, Yuka, and Reina should not try to evolve and fight Radiatimon: more Ultimates equals more destruction of the city.

I also found the conversion between Takumi and Shun to be intriguing. Their middle names might have a significance later on in the story.

I noticed that you are using Daemon as the main villian and the Daemon Corps as his minions. Since Daemon and the Daemon Corps were underused in season two, many fanfiction authors feel compelled to use Daemon as their main antagonist. I personally find this boring and repetitive. Nevertheless, you created a new meaning for vaccine type, data type, and virus type digimon, so I have faith that you will do something original for Daemon as well.

I was wondering, is Phelesmon a real digimon or did you create him yourself? I do not believe that I have ever heard of him before.

I hope that I am not too harsh because I love reading your story. Keep up the good work.
Uratoh Smith chapter 26 . 7/14/2003
Great job, Magna. Your digital world is geting more and more interesting and unique. Although there are quite a few fanfics on the wars between digimon and humans, I would have never thought of using that as a way to differentiate between vaccine, data, and virus type digimon. As one of your other reviewers said previously, I also noticed your allusion to the Jewish victims of War World II in the slaughtered humans' memorial.

As you stated, you have improved the character development on Yuka, Reina, and Shun. Yuka seems to be very curious and good with animals since the bird took a liking to her. Reina is either very fickle or immature because she either likes Takumi and despises him. Shun now appears to be the comic relief of the story and to be hungry all the time. Nevertheless, some of his moments seemed to be inserted instead of flowing with the story. It almost feels like the editing of the English dubbed version of Digimon. Is this really the direction that you want to head in with Shun?

Furthermore, I noted some interesting mysteries that you have left to be solved in a later chapter. In the beginning, there was that spying bird that could very well belong to Takumi's father. Was Takumi's dream real or was he hallucinating? Since the prophecy said that there were six or seven part-Digimon, part-human creatures, there is a possibility that Naoki and Miho will show their faces again. The evolution item that Meramon was describing could lead to an interesting plot line. There are also the names on the human memorial that may have a special significance.

I would like to mention one more thing before finishing this review. Both Ryota and Takumi had heightened emotions when they first transformed into their Ultimate forms (Perfect in Japanese terms) and then became uncontrollable. This mirrors what happened to Kouji and Takuya in Digimon Frontier when they got their Beast spirits. Later in that series, when Junpei, Izumi, Tomoki, and Kouichi (excluding corrupted spirits of darkness) found their Beast spirits, they were in complete control. If you are planning for Yuka, Reina, and Shun to receive Ultimate forms, and I sincerely hope that you or else these three will become cheerleaders, all three must also be uncontrollable when they first reach this level. If you decide that they are in control, then you must develop a good reason why only Ryota and Takumi had this problems or plot holes will arise.

As always, I hope that I am not too harsh, and I look forward to the next chapter.
122 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »