Reviews for The Shadows I Live With Are Numberless
jeannie kaulitz chapter 25 . 9/14
"I am the law!" That reminded me so much of the grown ups 2 movie and I know that this is the time for Merlin and Arthur to reconcile things but that line was just so amusing I can't help but point it out haha
gaylelbf chapter 25 . 7/9
Love these remarks by MerlinYou think one sorry covers all that?”
That Arthur could have Merlin “Burnt at the stake? Beheaded? Banished? Pick. “B”
Love the haggling over when Merlin would return, the magic ball, the drama of the explosion, Gaius’s intervention, and Merlin agreeing to give doing what he was told “a go.”
Humor, wit, and love are in these lines, these characters, this plot.
gaylelbf chapter 17 . 7/9
Really like this description of the door latch as Gaius left the room after warning that Merlin was dying in the dungeonresounding loudly in the deathly quiet room, like the mournful tone of a Passing bell.”
Your writing is lyrical and so very dramatic.
gaylelbf chapter 16 . 7/9
As Arthur ends this chapter chillingly knocking out Merlin to prevent his suicide, sayingIf anyone’s going to kill you, it’ll be me.”
gaylelbf chapter 15 . 7/9
Love:
-The description of Merlin and the dragon as “both
of them victims of that pair of vicious whores that were fate and destiny”
-The irony of the gentle dragon coaxing Merlin too share his troubles at last. Wonder why he couldn’t have confessed his troubles to Gaius.
-Merlin’s “words were still a caustic acid; flaying his tongue and everything else they touched.”
“Nobody could fully understand the burden of shame he carried, and therefore their words of consolation were hollow anyway.
gaylelbf chapter 11 . 7/8
Love the descriptions:
Merlin’s mouthdryer than a tavern’s cellars, after a visit from Gwaine during the winter festivalMerlin’s eyes closed, as if by doing so, he could make himself invisible; go back to hiding in his cave of solitude, where only his own dark thoughts were permitted entry.”
So terribly sad that Merlin has closed himself off from all who love him.
gaylelbf chapter 1 . 7/8
Love the alliteration and the droll descriptionsecret, spell-casting servant who squanders his skills on a spoil-sport king”
Love the humor and wit in the dialogue between MerlinGwaine
Love thisthe role he played in their lives was a lot more significant than his darkness-dwelling mind had allowed him to believe”
Wonderful humorous ending after long chapters of deepest darkness.
Extremely well done.
gaylelbf chapter 1 . 7/8
Love the banter in this chapter as the friendship is mended and the recovery is well on the way. Very well written.
Toby Hamee 'Seer Hork-Bajir chapter 26 . 4/7
Good story! Too much dark, and distressing, but so good! Arthur as always is a prat, and Merlin is an idiot! It seems that the only way to understand is with a deadly danger. Well, after the dark comes the light. I'm glad for the happy ending! Good job!
Guest chapter 26 . 12/30/2017
Marvelous story! At times heart wrenching, dramatic, and with lighter moments of humor. Well done.
alicia.steinke24 chapter 26 . 11/19/2017
it can't be the end
mayawene chapter 26 . 10/2/2017
Thanks
bookgirl113 chapter 16 . 7/23/2017
Self-centered, murderous fool as always, Arthur. I really shouldn't be surprised. It's not like you can actually think a single original, selfless thought. You just destroy what you don't understand, consequences be damned.
Kas3y chapter 26 . 3/1/2017
Great read, keep up the fantastic work :D
Glam Gurl chapter 26 . 7/3/2016
This was GLORIOUS! What a wonderful ending! I loved it! BRAVO!