Reviews for The Shadows I Live With Are Numberless
bribright91 chapter 26 . 4/7
This story was an emotional roller coaster. Thanks for posting!
DalekQueen7 chapter 24 . 3/12
Sweet Lord, you are a long-winded one. Nevertheless, I have enjoyed the story, even if it has taken me three times longer than usual... :)
thebondgirl chapter 26 . 2/26
My internet froze on my when I went to post this review last night, but at last it's working again! And so here it goes: absolutely, without a doubt, I could not have asked for a better final five chapters :) - I sat here reading them for hours, quite literally on the edge of my seat, and was enthralled. And that chapter where Merlin heals Arthur especially! Holy crap, was that ever intense and breathtaking - the devotion and suffering shouted out from every line. And by the time I reached the end of the epilogue, aside from being terribly sad that I was out of story to read, I was left with the absolute warmth of the peace achieved between Merlin and Arthur, and the promise of that among the other knights as well, and I was all smiles for the rest of the night. I'm not even sure I could ever give voice to just how many things you got completely right with this story, with how all of it hit the exact right notes. Just... beautiful, perfectly beautiful :) this was an absolute joy to read.
thebondgirl chapter 21 . 2/24
I've been binge-reading this story for the past day and a half, and the only reason I'm stopping for the night now after I leave this review is because I already stayed up almost all of last night reading this... and after being a zombie in class today, I have to grudgingly admit I need to sleep a full night tonight :P

That being said, here's the conclusion I've drawn from two days of being glued to my laptop, in a way I haven't been from any fanfiction in a very long time: I AM BLOWN AWAY BEYOND WORDS. When I did a random search for Merlin angsty stories to pass the time with and came across this one, I had NO idea what I was in for. Just freakin' AMAZING. The breadth of emotion, the absolute believability and engrossing portrayal of the struggles all of the characters have gone through up to this chapter, the characterization of the people and their bonds with one another... just... all of it. Every single little bit of it... AMAZING. And I can't freakin' believe this is the only story you've written on here! Talk about knocking it out of the park your first time out! And... bloody hell... I mean... gah!

I'm too tired to be more coherent with my praise, but know that I've loved it all, and that you're incredibly talented, and it is damn well KILLING ME that I have to refrain from reading the final five chapters until tomorrow night. Seriously, can't say enough good about your writing and your story, and I will be waiting with bated breath until I can read on to find out how this all turns out!
PhoebeLeFey chapter 26 . 10/17/2014
Sigh. Oh how I wish this didn't have to end! :) I thoroughly enjoyed your story. I can't really tell you how much I really wish it didn't end. But ah, well, all good things must, eh? :D I almost cried when you described the funeral pyre scene. I was like "NO! Noonononono! please no!" xD OMG I was so teary eyed until you started laying the hints that it wasn't, in fact, true. Thank you for the wonderful read. I would love to read another one sometime.

Pheebz
PhoebeLeFey chapter 8 . 10/16/2014
Hey, me again! I LOVE your story. I was almost panicked as I read it, my legs drumming restlessly as I waited for Gaius to return, I almost gasped aloud as you described what Merlin looked like, chanting in my head 'please don't die on us!' while loving every second of the delicious angst. THank you. THank you from the bottom of my interesting little heart. I have been wanting a story with some oomph to it in the drama department and girl, did you deliver! ONWARDS!
PhoebeLeFey chapter 4 . 10/16/2014
Ok. I can hardly type because of how much I'm shaking with anticipation from this! I don't know why but I love these kind of stories and since you watched my story (thanks btw!) I decided to read yours. I'm glad I did! I'm really, REALLY excited to see where this is going. The knot in my chest is growing and I just want to -know-! Definitely caught yourself an avid fan hun!

Pheebz
Dinogeek chapter 21 . 10/14/2014
Yikes... I think of all the things that gave me the willies watching that show, Agravaine having the hots for what was essentially his niece was quite possibly the creepiest part.
Vaughntronic chapter 26 . 8/27/2014
I know I totally missed this boat as it was happening, and for all I know you are no longer tracking your reviews for this, but I just wanted to say: "WOW".

I loved this, from the first to last word. Everything about the way you string words together is impressive and wonderful. You have such great imagery and characterization.

From a more personal standpoint... I LOVE how much Arthur there is in this. I am always hungry to find things that are more Arthur-centric (though I love Merlin, don't get me wrong).

I truly loved this. Thank you very much for writing it!
He will knock four times chapter 25 . 2/28/2014
Son of a fake out b$&¥? ! OMG you totally had me going! What with the funeral scene and everything I thought merlin was really dead! OMG you totally got me!
He will knock four times chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
Omg! I clicked this because of the title and I knew it would have some form of suicide right away! I didn't even read the summary! I recognize the song lyrics. "Gloomy Sunday", right?

'Sundays gloomy my hours are slumber less
Dearest the shadows I live with are numberless'
Luizals chapter 26 . 2/23/2014
Really good
Auua Ytjoml chapter 26 . 2/6/2014
Werth,
"Gwaine cheerfully announced that he would see his warlock friend get up to no good with his magic by the end of the month, or he would spend the following one sober and celibate!" - I really like this line!
You had me thinking Merlin was dead for a while there. I'm very very glad he's not and that he's feeling at least slightly better about himself.
I also really liked your story's ending; with them facing another bandit threat as par for course. It cements the feeling that life is getting back to normal.
Thank you for writing this story and posting it! It is a wonderful addition to the archive! Blessings to both you and your future endevores.
Auua
Auua Ytjoml chapter 16 . 2/5/2014
Arthur needs to learn that people such as Merlin is here are not 'arsing about'.
Thank you, Werth, for including a variety of outside perspectives on Merlin's (and those like him) lack of self-worth and his reasoning that concludes death is the answer. While some of them, like Arthur's, are insensitve and just plain misguided and wrong, they still do exist in the real world... so thanks for creating a story that reflects real people.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 15 . 2/5/2014
Merlin, you deny yourself too easily. Even if you were not destined for some great duty, that does not make you worthless or worth less than those who are.