Reviews for Catching Up
Theodore Hawkwood chapter 1 . 6/7
Very nice start to a fanfiction following the events of the Dark Knight. I can honestly picture the events of the first chapter occuring on screen in some manner of sequel or mini-series so good job on that.

I'll be reviewing this chapter by chapter, so your aware.

Your touches with Selina's internal monologue, her mourning, living in Hong Kong for three months and coping with grief for that time. I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming in the next chapter.
Trinity23Rose chapter 6 . 6/13/2014
This fic should be rated M.
The Illegible chapter 6 . 3/23/2014
I read this a bit ago, but want to say-seriously, you did a super kickass job on this story. :D The descriptions were great, the characterization was great, the story (and way you addressed the gap between the batwing blowing up and Selina meeting up with Bruce at the end) was great. Everything was great. I think you balanced gravity and humor incredibly well throughout, the romance was fun and organic and felt like it all fit together incredibly well. AND it was sexy. :) You should feel awesome about this, thanks for sharing it!
ayac06 chapter 5 . 10/17/2013
Heee, nothing like having a woman who can play just as hard as Bruce! I love how you've captured their mutual thrill-seeking - it's something that I highly suspected attracted him from the moment they met in TDKR, and it's something that many Bruce/Selina fanfics lack. It's certainly not every day that he comes across someone (let alone a gorgeous woman!) who possesses skills similar to his, and *enjoys* using them like he does.

I also really liked how he wanted her to be free, because for most of his life, Bruce has kept everything (and everyone) he wants under his control. Letting go of that control was a crucial part of his character arc in the Nolan films, and it's nice that you've extended it here.

Also, kudos for making Selina (as well as Bruce) more of a go-getter in terms of their budding relationship. Yes, they both have baggage that will undoubtedly affect their relationship, but they're both the kind of people who aren't shy about going after what they want. Again, most fanfics don't do this, and it truly befuddles me. Neither never half-asses anything in the Nolan films!
Nyah chapter 2 . 4/22/2013
I love the confidence in their banter here: neither guilt-ridden or insecure. They click, they know it. They play for the sake of play and not to test the other's interest. Such a fu scene you've written here, glad to see what's next.
Nyah chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
I have no idea how I've managed not to read this yet. Lovely, cohesive style, nice set up, a version of Selina I'm curious to see develop. Thanks for writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
well written
VeroniqueClaire chapter 5 . 2/3/2013
My god, this story is just glorious in all of the action and witty banter ego clashing and over-the-top luxury sense, but what's truly remarkable is that underneath, you've created these very real characters with an engaging dynamic between them.

I kept thinking that parts of the nature of Bruce and Selina's relationship was familiar - and I realized that it reminded me a little of Hollis and Gareth in Gibson's book Zero History. Emotionally guarded man with serious injuries (BASE jumping off a skyscraper in Dubai), stubborn strong woman with a phone number she can call in case of emergency, walls eventually coming down - Gibson's an extraordinary writer, and you, too, integrate an impressive array of intricate technical research, great dialog and realistic emotional development, so that's high praise. :-)
VeroniqueClaire chapter 4 . 2/3/2013
"...in both senses and no better off for it." - that's one of many fantastic turns of phrase you've written here. This is rapidly becoming my favorite story in the genre; innovative, emotive, and just outright glorious in its descriptions and characterizations and whip-smart action.
VeroniqueClaire chapter 3 . 2/3/2013
This may be one of the most sophisticated stories on FF.n. I'm so thoroughly enjoying the confident worldliness of the characters and the thorough descriptions of the settings - and the razor-wire tension between the fronts they're each projecting and what they might actually mean underneath.
VeroniqueClaire chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
Hard to say what I love more, here - the banter between the two or the precision of your research. I think you may have found the perfect car that would be the logical street version of the tumbler. (The Lockheed F-117 may also be an aesthetic ancestor. :-) The high speed chase is a dashing and fabulous bit of play between them; I'm liking the dynamic here, a meeting of powerful equals.
VeroniqueClaire chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
What an interesting start - I love the smooth confidence with which your Selina moves about the world, and I particularly like the choice of a martial arts class as the first commitment she makes post-TDKR; I feel like she might need an outlet for some pent-up aggression. The dialog here is particularly sharp - the line, "…I can be there and at your mercy in two days' time" was perfection, exactly the right blend of flirtation and cockiness that made up the dynamic between the two in the film.
StargateFFWriter chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
Loving this story. Just saw TDK on the plane 2 days ago and really liked it. I really like the Bruce/Selena combo b/c finally Bruce has a girlfriend who can relate to his high-risking Batman persona.

You imagined this chap really well. How Bruce worked out the transactions to allow him to be able to continue living as an affluent businessperson is brilliant. Perhaps your own experience in the corporate world paid off? The DOD buying batmobiles and batcopters is a brilliant way to revitalize Wayne Enterprises. I wonder if the public didn't strt distrusting wayne Enterprises after Miranda Tate hijacked the fusion machine? Well, Wayne E. and the Wayne family has had a long prestigious history so perhaps they realize it as one of the few isolated incidents.

Blake, do you think anybody else figured out that Bruce Wayne is Batman after all this?
Electricboa chapter 5 . 11/22/2012
I loved this story, I've read a few 'after the credits' stories, and this one is just fantastic. You got them both spot on, and the descriptions of the settings are truly something. I'm delighted to see there is already a sequel. Very well done, and I look forward to starting 'Chinese Boxes' soon.
chipsnopotatoes chapter 5 . 10/19/2012
Finally caught up with this story! Even if it is the 1001st reselling of their meeting, I love it! Gorgeous setting, the chasing back and forth ( these two and their need for speed). Very very fresh and sexy despite (because) the lack of smut :)

Hope to catch up this weekend with your next story
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »