Reviews for The Buzzards and the Bees
holly0225 chapter 3 . 7/28
Oh my goodness I laughed so hard thru the entire story!
Oh Brocko deserves a loving lady in little lingerie
Oh Ash is such a sweety
I have read this before but it's still hilarious. Ash and Pikachu are so spot on
MegSkoomaPirate chapter 4 . 9/1/2014
Oh GOD! As soon as I saw that ASH was doing the laundry I knew EXACTLY what was gonna happen! I could not stop laughing! I always wondered what would happen in these kinds of situations! It was FANTASTIC!
dashdashdashdash chapter 4 . 10/25/2013
Wow, that was awesome xD I only caught one spelling mistake in here the entire time I read it, and it was so miniscule it didn't even make a difference. Fantastic work! :D

dashdashdashdash chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
It's kinda depressing how they're mistaking a period as a life and death situation xD this should be an interesting read.
Steveaaml chapter 4 . 5/28/2013
Oh geez, well that was truly truly charming.
Props for making a fic about menstruation without it ever becoming immature, or having any of the characters be immature about it either. Really charming way to let the characters muse on how much they mean to one another. Loved Misty's shyness while explaining about swimming, and totally totally loved the bit at the end with babies. Really cute. Congrats on another fantastic story. I just wish I'd read this ages ago when you first published it!
Steveaaml chapter 3 . 5/28/2013
Great scene. Loved the reappearance of the bit where Ash only knows "period" as a form of punctuation.
Steveaaml chapter 2 . 5/28/2013
"Would ya like the rest of my bacon, Misty?" - perfect Ash-dialect.

Great. Really really great.
Steveaaml chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
This chapter feels like the set-up to a Fawlty Towers episode, where one can almost see the layers of miscommunication that are about to go down.
Great opening.
And hello! I hope you're so well!
Alexa chapter 4 . 11/10/2012
I lol'd unreasonably at this! Don't know if it's what you intended, but you it kept me it stitches for about an hour, so thanks :)
Spruceton Spook chapter 4 . 10/19/2012
Hahaha, what a fantastic ending! :D Geez, Misty, what are you doing?! This poor kid has gone through enough already! You TRYING to make him lose his mind entirely?

I really don’t think you could have concluded this fic in a more ideal way! I loved how, first of all, there was no suspense, for us or for Ash. The way Misty came out of nowhere to settle the situation with him was perfect. I was so happy to see that she was not angry with Ash, for she had no reason to be. “Am I more mad at myself for mixing my laundry with two boys', thinking they'd be mature enough to handle it? You'd better believe it!” A tad embarrassing, no doubt, but hey, it might have been better this way, anyway! How else would Misty have ever brought it up? Oh, I shiver to think! :P Anyway, it was good of her to place blame MORE on herself than on Ash for his prying eyes, which wasn’t really his fault, anyway! Good for her! Misty can lose it once in a while, but even if in the midst of her crankiness, she knows how to make things right with her friend again.

I like how Misty perceived this as a new direction in their relationship, because that’s certainly what it is. It was a real bonding experience. It really showed the depth of Ash’s character, too, how he, before anything else, returned to his laundry chore, because he promised to, and also how he looked to spend the rest of the day having fun with Misty and appreciating her but also sacrificing fun activities for her comfort. He is such a sweetheart and to see him indulge in his relief put such a smile on my face. I mean, I loved him throughout this entire story, because he is such a darling through all his trials and tribulations and innocence and desire to have things be right in the world. :)

Also, this: "Menopause sounds pretty good right now." "What about Metapods?" Ash chimed in. Quite possibly THE BEST exchange of the entire fic! I totally LOL’d! Oh, ASH!

Ah, Aiselne, this was such a good fic! So entertaining in so many ways! Ash always makes for an amusing time, just being the dense little boy we all know and love! He’s left with a new appreciation for many things, from Brock’s expertise to Misty’s understanding, as well as...well, just having them there all healthy in his life! He’s going to go to bed a very thankful kid, and I’m sure it will open his eyes in different ways regarding other aspects of his life, too. I love seeing these glimpses of him growing up! I just love your Ash, period. You do so well with him. Looking forward to Pokémon fic #11. ;)
Spruceton Spook chapter 3 . 10/19/2012
Aiselne! I’m SO sorry it took me so long to review. D: I feel utterly horrible! Please excuse my belatedness. I never intended to take this long, but I’ve been so caught up lately with writing my fic (I’m sure you know as much as anyone, once you’re on a roll, capitalize!), and now that that’s done my first order of business was to give you the reviews you so deserve!

I can’t think of a person more perfect to give Ash a lesson on girls’ development than Brock! Seriously, if it were anyone else, it would be dull. Brock definitely has the right blend of knowledge and patience to help educate Ash... as well as a gutter-driven mind to add hilarity to the situation! :P So then, maturity? Well...okay, he has the maturity—when it matters most. But it was so LIKE Brock to immediately lose handle of the discussion when the subject of girls’ underwear arose. Heehee! Even Ash, blinded by his sadness and fear, realized just how astray Brock was drifting. Brock DID do a good job, though, we have to give him that. I’m convinced at this point that the preparatory class Ash attended before going out on his journey could have been a little more comprehensive... (Oh, please, God, hopefully Brock will never be put in charge of THAT course! I guess it’s safe to say Brock will never be a sex-ed teacher; better just stick to being a father/father-figure, eh?)

Probably one of the things I loved best was Brock’s awkwardness in not knowing how to comfort Ash, especially his worries that someone was going to spot them, notably Team Rocket! "Prepare for trouble on this hot and steamy day!" and, "Make it double; I didn't know the twerps swung that way!" Dying! That was GREAT! XD But in the end, Brock knew Ash needed comfort, and he channeled his inner adult and put that silly worry aside. I like how Brock handled all the uncomfortable moments he experienced throughout. Maybe he didn’t handle it with complete grace; it was awkward, yes—unexpected and not entirely fun, but he did come through for Ash, and that’s what makes Brock such an admirable and wonderful (and not to mention entertaining!) character.

But without a doubt, the preeminent part of the chapter was Ash’s naïve and childish reactions to Brock’s lecture. When he got so excited over the idea of Misty evolving, and then when he asked if she was having a baby—haha! o I didn’t know whether to laugh or squeeze the heck out of a pillow in order to get the pure love I have for this kid out of my system! How endearing is he? It also led to Brock’s best words of advice: “I highly advise you to never, ever say the word 'pregnant' around a woman unless she is pregnant.” Yes. Yes, indeed. ; Brock may not be the most suave with women, and he may say some pretty face-palming things, but he DOES know a thing or two NOT to say!

All in all, this chapter had just the right balance of humor and touching moments, and I really enjoyed it. It felt good to see Ash have his mind put at ease. As much as I love to see him suffer, this was extra rough for him, and no one should be put through such a fright (again, Professor Oak, I’m eyeing you disappointedly!). I can’t wait to see what the epilogue brings...will Misty laugh or will she feel bad for Ash? I have a feeling Brock’s work may still not be done...
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »