Reviews for The Buzzards and the Bees
anjumstar chapter 4 . 12/10/2015
This was a great story idea! Geez, Misty on her period...not great for anyone. And your writing is very good. My one thing would be that your pacing was very slow at points-a rarety on this site; it's usually the opposite problem. But some things seemed to really go on, like when Ash was offering Misty the bacon and no one could believe it. This story takes place over a very short period of time, yet it felt like we were going slower than the story would if it were happening in real time before us, you know? So just a bit slow. I almost wish that you had condensed all the scenes and just made it a longer oneshot. I think that's what the essence of the story called for. I liked it being multiple chapters too, though.

Also, period blood stains just look brown. Not red at all. But aside from those little things you did some great work! I especially liked the team rocket motto that you put in the 3rd chapter. That was funny. And how Brock handled the situation in general was completely in character. Lastly, I liked the homage to the episode The Heartbreak Of Brock with the famous 'we'll me married someday too,' line there at the end. Great piece!
holly0225 chapter 3 . 7/28/2015
Oh my goodness I laughed so hard thru the entire story!
Guest chapter 4 . 1/24/2015
Cute!
Guest chapter 3 . 1/24/2015
Oh Brocko deserves a loving lady in little lingerie
Guest chapter 2 . 1/23/2015
Oh Ash is such a sweety
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2015
I have read this before but it's still hilarious. Ash and Pikachu are so spot on
MegSkoomaPirate chapter 4 . 9/1/2014
Oh GOD! As soon as I saw that ASH was doing the laundry I knew EXACTLY what was gonna happen! I could not stop laughing! I always wondered what would happen in these kinds of situations! It was FANTASTIC!
dashdashdashdash chapter 4 . 10/25/2013
Wow, that was awesome xD I only caught one spelling mistake in here the entire time I read it, and it was so miniscule it didn't even make a difference. Fantastic work! :D

-LagomorphKing
dashdashdashdash chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
It's kinda depressing how they're mistaking a period as a life and death situation xD this should be an interesting read.
Steveaaml chapter 4 . 5/28/2013
Oh ADORABLE.
Oh geez, well that was truly truly charming.
Props for making a fic about menstruation without it ever becoming immature, or having any of the characters be immature about it either. Really charming way to let the characters muse on how much they mean to one another. Loved Misty's shyness while explaining about swimming, and totally totally loved the bit at the end with babies. Really cute. Congrats on another fantastic story. I just wish I'd read this ages ago when you first published it!
Steveaaml chapter 3 . 5/28/2013
Great scene. Loved the reappearance of the bit where Ash only knows "period" as a form of punctuation.
Steveaaml chapter 2 . 5/28/2013
"Would ya like the rest of my bacon, Misty?" - perfect Ash-dialect.

Great. Really really great.
Steveaaml chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
This chapter feels like the set-up to a Fawlty Towers episode, where one can almost see the layers of miscommunication that are about to go down.
Great opening.
And hello! I hope you're so well!
Alexa chapter 4 . 11/10/2012
I lol'd unreasonably at this! Don't know if it's what you intended, but you it kept me it stitches for about an hour, so thanks :)
Spruceton Spook chapter 4 . 10/19/2012
Hahaha, what a fantastic ending! :D Geez, Misty, what are you doing?! This poor kid has gone through enough already! You TRYING to make him lose his mind entirely?

I really don’t think you could have concluded this fic in a more ideal way! I loved how, first of all, there was no suspense, for us or for Ash. The way Misty came out of nowhere to settle the situation with him was perfect. I was so happy to see that she was not angry with Ash, for she had no reason to be. “Am I more mad at myself for mixing my laundry with two boys', thinking they'd be mature enough to handle it? You'd better believe it!” A tad embarrassing, no doubt, but hey, it might have been better this way, anyway! How else would Misty have ever brought it up? Oh, I shiver to think! :P Anyway, it was good of her to place blame MORE on herself than on Ash for his prying eyes, which wasn’t really his fault, anyway! Good for her! Misty can lose it once in a while, but even if in the midst of her crankiness, she knows how to make things right with her friend again.

I like how Misty perceived this as a new direction in their relationship, because that’s certainly what it is. It was a real bonding experience. It really showed the depth of Ash’s character, too, how he, before anything else, returned to his laundry chore, because he promised to, and also how he looked to spend the rest of the day having fun with Misty and appreciating her but also sacrificing fun activities for her comfort. He is such a sweetheart and to see him indulge in his relief put such a smile on my face. I mean, I loved him throughout this entire story, because he is such a darling through all his trials and tribulations and innocence and desire to have things be right in the world. :)

Also, this: "Menopause sounds pretty good right now." "What about Metapods?" Ash chimed in. Quite possibly THE BEST exchange of the entire fic! I totally LOL’d! Oh, ASH!

Ah, Aiselne, this was such a good fic! So entertaining in so many ways! Ash always makes for an amusing time, just being the dense little boy we all know and love! He’s left with a new appreciation for many things, from Brock’s expertise to Misty’s understanding, as well as...well, just having them there all healthy in his life! He’s going to go to bed a very thankful kid, and I’m sure it will open his eyes in different ways regarding other aspects of his life, too. I love seeing these glimpses of him growing up! I just love your Ash, period. You do so well with him. Looking forward to Pokémon fic #11. ;)
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »