Reviews for No Such Liberty
Nikki Pond chapter 15 . 8/18
In just 10 chapters, I admire this fanfic and I would NOT stop the respect growing inside of me as I read each words of this amazingly crafted fanfic. Onne of the greatest Loki-centric fic even though I haven't fully read this yet.

The way you wrote Loki, and the way you wrote about his 'madness', 'insanity', and his 'lies' is so wonderful. I have seen many fanfics that focus on certain sides of Loki but I don't think I have read one that is focus on his madness and his lies. Best of all (for me), it is not a torture fic (seemingly but I believe for now it is not, just for Loki it is not physical torture) and the way Loki talked entranced me, and how Thor pointed out something that we fans didn't see, I couldn't help but feel awe and respect. I admire authors who can write dialogues with double meanings and see the world differently, I highly respect those kind of authors.

Another thing is that even though my heart breaks when Loki seems to jump to redemption and yet betrays them, I couldn't help but read this story much closer because we fans couldn't trust Loki and we're not sure what is his intentions whether good or bad...in general, it's amazing. It's rare to see a fic focus on Loki yet we don't see his true intentions and thoughts we we couldn't trust him, and we're uncertain of his decisions. You made us confuse, yet thrilling us I might think the theme of this fic is lies. Which has to be the first (possibly only) that is focused about Loki

One of the best, and I am sure after typing this review and read the next chapter, I'll be more enthralled. You are amazing.
Caricature of a Witch chapter 32 . 7/22
Phew. I just finished this story, and I wanted to tell you that I think it is absolutely amazing. You kept them all beautifully in character, you made me be ever confused whether Loki was lying or telling the truth or something in between, you worked out a wonderful plot line with a dramatic showdown, and you managed to keep everyone alive despite the battle without it seeming unrealistic. Congratulations, I love it!
pinksugarrush chapter 32 . 5/24
Awww, a very sweet ending. I enjoyed it.
Tawny chapter 32 . 12/17/2014
I should have reviewed ages ago! Thank you for writing this .of work!
I personally hope to see more of your work!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 32 . 11/10/2014
cool
Suzy P chapter 32 . 9/17/2014
I have just read your story in one go and it was brilliant. I enjoyed the verbal spars between Loki and Thor. :-)
jyotimeena10 chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
the BEST ff
Saramagician chapter 32 . 7/3/2014
Wow! This story was amazing! I liked it! And I surely enjoyed it...well, there was times I wanted to smack someone, but other than that I enjoyed it! :P
I can't wait for the sequel!
ninepen chapter 31 . 6/27/2014
The chat about redemption with Tony here was so very good, and so appreciated. OK, we love Loki, we wouldn't be writing this stuff and reading this stuff otherwise. We want to see him healed, to see him redeemed, to see him maintain some of that trickster vibe that makes him him, too, we want to see his relationships restored, especially with Thor, we want to see him go off and live a good life. But it's so unrealistic for there to be no long-term consequences. If it were real life, that dude would be behind bars for the rest of his life, if not getting the death penalty. However many lives he saves now doesn't undo the lives he took in the past. You handled it very maturely.

Of course, this is sci-fi/fantasy land and we aren't bound entirely to realism here, because a Loki literally in prison for the rest of his life wouldn't make for a terribly fulfilling ending to a story!

Oh, and I don't think I commented before, but Loki trying to tell Thor to let go...beautiful. In TDW the imagery of Thor *saving* Loki from getting sucked into the gravity grenade thing, clearly deliberately shot to mimic a fall and mirror the end of "Thor," ach, beautiful moment in that movie, and this was another great mirror of that moment.
Rehabilitated Sith chapter 32 . 6/27/2014
WHEW! That was the most twisted ride ever. Loki is sooooo doubled edged, it's no wonder Thor was always getting tricked. Good job!
Rehabilitated Sith chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
ah, loki
ninepen chapter 29 . 6/24/2014
Love the little exchange at the beginning with Clint "coming around to it."

And this is why I love sci-fi. I *don't* love sci-fi, really - I love what sci-fi can do for you in terms of character development. Loki, because Thor's under his control and for the moment so is the situatoin, is as straightforwardly honest with Thor as we've ever seen him, maybe as he's ever been in his whole life and ever will be. And Thor's generally been pretty straightforwardly honest in the first place, but there's something purer here even for him, because he can do no other than listen to what Loki tells him and accepts it. It's really all quite beautiful. The "you will feel no pain" paragraph...holy moly. So nice. I *love* getting to see this side of Loki, who so genuinely, truly, loves his brother and wants to do all he can to protect him. And again there's that controlled-Thor bit of just accepting it, "yes." None of Thor's bravado that he would never run, or whatever, just "yes." Call me mushy, yes, but I interpret that whole thing as "I love you" and "I love you, too." Outside sci-fi, scenes like that are just not possible.

Bravo to you too for doing something really unique here, not just Loki mind-controlling Thor, which I haven't seen before either, but with Thor's consent, at Thor's insistence (and of course for reasons that make sense and have been built into the story and planned for) Originality in and of itself is worthy of praise. Though I am most definitely patting myself on the back and feeling pretty darn special for having figured it out at the beginning of the previous chapter. ;-)
ninepen chapter 28 . 6/23/2014
Yeeeeesssssssss.

OK, going back now.

So as soon as I read the line earlier about "the gauntlet makes anyone under its power stronger" I was like "oh oh oh!" (Or I would have been were my mouth not full with supper, as it usually is when I am reading on here.) I was like "oh oh oh!" in my mind. Because I had the immediate idea that Thor would willingly let himself be put under the glove's power to take on Thanos. And I thought it would make a great plot development, because it's also character development, we know how much that experience disturbed Thor, you've kept it alive for us even fairly recently with him asking at least one of the Avengers about it, and so in terms of this issue of Loki and trust, what would be a *greater* sign of trust for Thor than to willingly put himself under Loki's control like that? And then you've told us that the only person Thor's equal (or greater) in strength, Banner, can't be controlled by that power (which is a nice twist, and you give it good logic too).

So I was like, well, I'm going to write this in a review, and maybe it will be wrong, and if so I will feel kind of dumb but I'll play it cool and be like, well, you should write an alternate ending using that concept b/c it would be cool! And then I get to the end and oh yes, I'm pretty sure that's where we're going. So now having said *that*, I will feel *really* dumb if that's not what happens, and I've already given up my shot at playing it cool. that's okay. I don't mind feeling dumb. Won't be the first time, ha. But I think I'm right and I'm looking forward to it! ;-)
ninepen chapter 18 . 6/17/2014
I wondered why Loki had told Thor not to wake him! I thought it seemed strange, but do you know, I assumed it was you as the author wanting us to "see" the full cycle of the dream through Thor's eyes. I should have given you more credit. ;-) I'm rather thrilled that there was indeed something to it and it all makes good sense.

All the back and forth in this chapter was great. I think Loki's on Asgard's side now...man, I hope it's not just wishful thinking.

"Logic is a game of wits; you're ill-equipped to play it." Ha. That's lovely. Though Thor's keeping up fairly well now.
ninepen chapter 12 . 6/15/2014
"It was opened; he will have seen it." A-haaaa, so that's why Loki had his little freak-out about the tesseract still sitting beside Odin, in the heart of Asgard. At least, the second I read that, that's what I assumed. That this was Loki in fact still caring about his realm and his family, convinced he has doomed them b/c the tesseract has gone right back where it was, and this is where Thanos will attack.

The madness is well done. Who knows what all has caused it? "Normal" psychological trauma from the whole FG revelation, plus whatever happened with Thanos et al. Loki's (seeming) madness I trust, that that's real, such as when he continues to doubt he's awake...but it could all still be a a play! But my guess would be it isn't. My heart's pretty well breaking here. And Thor really should have picked up on the "he's coming for me" bit...maybe he discounted it as more ravings, but he asks questions later, so I'd think he'd ask "who's coming for you" here.