Reviews for Blackbird Singing in the Dead of Night
Cloveteach chapter 20 . 4/13
I hope you'll come back to finish this story. I'd like to see what happens to "Arthur" and even the "parents." It'd be nice to get Kurt justice. Amazing story so far.
Iceleaf13 chapter 20 . 3/8
How will I ever find out what that twist was to be now?
Darklightningstorm chapter 8 . 3/6
Okay, I've read Home Invasion and now this and I've decided that I like you as an author.
Guest chapter 20 . 9/14/2014
Please update soon please
FangirlFreakYoli chapter 20 . 12/7/2013
Aww, sad it's over! Your my new favorite ! Love it!
patricia.remacova chapter 20 . 10/7/2013
I officially hate you! :D update!
I remember tears chapter 20 . 6/30/2013
Oh my god. I hate you. This story is one of the most heart-wrenching, tear-jerking, breathtaking things ever, and you leave it there? How could you? I mean, sure you saved little Alice/Rebecca but there are still loose ends! 'Bob' and 'Melissa' are still around and have Arthur! Oh god. They nearly killed Kurt. And they killed that other boy, Taylor. Did they kill Arthur? They can't! He's only 11! It would wreck Kurt! Please!

Ok. Rant over. Here we go. I love your story. It is amazingly well written. The whole idea is creepy but I have a horrified fascination with it. Is that a bad thing? Alice is just so cute, and incredibly strong. I desperately want Arthur to be alright. Finally, I love the song. Safe and Sound, it fits perfectly.

'I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said I'd never let you go
When all those shadows almost killed your light.
I remember you said
Don't leave me here alone
But all that's dead and gone and passed
Tonight
Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No-one can hurt you now
Come morning light
Both you and I'll be
Safe and Sound
Don't you dare look out your window
Darling everything's on fire
This war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
No-one can hurt you now
Come morning light
Both you and I'll be
Safe and Sound'

I'm gonna be singing that for weeks now! Also, I loved the songs done at Nationals, they just seemed so fitting. I must say that they made me cry. As did every other chapter. This review is getting really long. I should have split it up a bit, but oh well. Please, please update. Even if the story isn't real, I can't bear to think of that Arthur on his own, Kurt broken and helpless, Alice trying to adjust, and the reviews piling up, all begging you to make things better. We don't care if you write a few chapters of crap or something to rival Harry Potter, just help them. Please...
Guest chapter 20 . 5/28/2013
Update soon!
StrainAsylum chapter 19 . 5/16/2013
Good recovery, Finn. Though still too dense to check on hot liquids (feels sorry for any babies he and Rachel might have).
StrainAsylum chapter 18 . 5/16/2013
Idiot Finn. And all of them. Did NO ONE have the slightest clue? Did anyone stop to think? Or ASK Burt or Carole? And excluding Blaine out of selfishness... None of them deserve Kurt.
StrainAsylum chapter 17 . 5/16/2013
Not a good plan, guys...Kidnap victim surprise party? /facepalm
StrainAsylum chapter 16 . 5/16/2013
With that story on national news, I wouldn't be surprised if Bob or Melissa decided to finish the job (which would be foolish, but...). If I were Blaine, I would have said the scars simply made Kurt more beautiful, since it proved that he was stronger than adversity. He was a survivor. Is Kurt going to remember what Bob (Melissa?) said about Blaine being the original target? Perhaps it (the stalking) might give them clues (video at the mall or other places with the same people in them at different times)? Pretty good concept, but various grammatical, punctuation or spelling errors.
StrainAsylum chapter 15 . 5/16/2013
I can't see Burt leaving Kurt alone with a stranger...or letting the man go, after finding he saved Kurt's life. Though, with all the shocks they've had, things slip. I'll bet the police have his address, though; he's a witness, so they would have to have contact information (I'm with a law enforcement agency), so they can catch that back up, if Luke is agreeable.
StrainAsylum chapter 14 . 5/16/2013
I would (if Kurt) resent being called Cammy...but it IS "Alice". And he'll think of her as Alice, since that's the only name he knew her as. She's a very sweet child. And Kurt, still grieving that he couldn't save Arthur. I do hope Arthur is saved...
StrainAsylum chapter 13 . 5/16/2013
I'd been wondering about "Alice" and "Arthur". I hope they can save "Arthur" and am glad "Alice" is with her real mother. This was the first time you'd mentioned Kurt's broken fingers; thought you'd forgotten they had been broken. I kept expecting you to mention them holding hands; good catch. And a good, strong Kurt, hanging in there (even though traumatized).