Reviews for CIS Reconsidered: A Patriot's Defense
jax91 chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
I like this little story very mutch. It let us see the other side of the coin far away from the Sith and Jedis. Great Story
Royt Abendda chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
Wonderful, beautiful, masterfully written. Like you, I'm also a loyal Separatist, a patriot, a dreamer.
ZakoBattledroid chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I really liked this. There are so few stories about the CIS. Loved the descriptions of “soulless clones and forever self-righteous Jedi.” That made me laugh. I also enjoyed all the references in this story. I rather like Consky O’Nang; she seems to be intelligent, and fiercely loyal to the CIS after all this time. To me, she seems to be a tragic character. So much time has passed since the CIS fell and she’s been unable to believe in any of the galactic governments that have risen and fallen since the CIS. I wonder what she was like during the Clone Wars. Perhaps there will be a new story with her in it in the future?
Timewatch chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Son, I am appoint. Pretty much what I've been trying to say for years now.
Morse333 chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
I've been on here for a few months now, and this is my first review. Namely because its the first thing I've found worth reviewing. - I like it, and namely because it shares the same sentiment that I've always argued. But what's more then that is I find the character here to be a female variation of my 'Varrin Torrik' in "A Confederates Chronicle". - A CIS fighter who hangs on with the holdouts.

A slight issue I have is just in the idea of Consky knowing of the truth behind the Sith controlling the CIS. I'm not sure how many people know that, but I guess since you're variation takes place at a point when the Galactic Alliance is in control that might be more common.

Regardless I found this to be very good, and its nice to know I'm not the only one that has interest in the CIS side of things.

- Take a look at the first chapter in mine, its almost identical to this, which is what I find so funny.

s/8423803/1/A-Confederates-Chronicle
RKB chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
An incredibly well thought out, thought provoking story. It is clear that you put a great deal of time and effort into this story, and it shows. In many wars, governments and nations like to make out their side to be righteous and just, fighting for liberty and freedom, while villifying and denouncing the enemy as the symbol of all that is evil and wrong. But neither side is as good or as bad as they are made out to be. Such is the nature of war. The Clone Wars were no different. No side was 100 percent good or bad, and both sides had their fair share of ups and downs.
(PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE FOLLOWING AS CRITICISM OF YOUR STORY, IT IS JUST MY OPINION!)
That being said, I think your character is suffering from a bad case of nostalgia. Dooku didn't really care about freedom or independence. If anything, he was just as supportive of the future Empire as Sidious was. The novelization of Revenge of the Sith made it quite clear that Dooku was a xenophobe who couldn't care less about the various aliens and others that made up the Confederacy. He regarded the Separatists exactly as Sidious regarded them: as pawns, assets, and stepping stones to greater power and authority; pawns to be used, abused, and discarded once they had lost their usefulness. And one cannot casually disregard the fact that the Confederacy did not have the moral high ground. The Republic may have been corrupt and stagnant, but the Confederacy was responsible for multiple war crimes, from orbital bombardment of planetary populations to slavery. These crimes rightfully make the Confederacy look, in the eyes of many, to be far worse than the Republic ever was.
(AGAIN, DON'T TAKE THIS AS CRITICISM)
The points you raise are valid, and you go about it in an intelligent manner, but for all of it's high minded and noble ideals, in the end the actions of the Confederacy of Independent Systems were inexcusable.
Never the less this was an incredibly well written story. Please continue writing, you are very good at it.
Cmdr's Monkey chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Nice take on the CIS. Not many defend it and do automatically assume that it is evil and being led by evil. Dooku may have been its leader and a mad cyborg its commander, but not everyone who served and led other parts of the CIS were. Bonteri is a prime example of that.