Reviews for The Gin Diaries
downton-and-daydreams chapter 4 . 6/10/2014
I didn't know how this would work with Cora at first but it is amazing! I'm really new to the Cora/Robert ship and I love all your fanfics if that doesn't sound to creepy :)
alittlebookish chapter 2 . 3/19/2014
oooh, baby Matthew s2
Miss Phyllis Baxter chapter 4 . 11/15/2013
Awwwww, this was sweet. Really sweet. Cobert all the way.
Settees-under-siege chapter 13 . 1/9/2013
I really must say that you have brought closure to these 'diaries' so well. I can so easily see this in the coming years. Thanks so much for these precious drabbles!
coracrawley chapter 13 . 1/9/2013
Aaaawwwww, that made me tear up! I haven't actually seen the Christmas special yet but obviously I know what happens and this brought a tear to my eye. Very well written, all of them!
darkblueyank chapter 7 . 1/8/2013
I loved all of these; as I read each one I would think "THIS is my favorite", only to think the same with the next one. Matthew babbling, Robert's daring kiss, Isobel's isolated regard of the room are the moments that will stick in my mind forever.
shana.rose chapter 13 . 1/8/2013
Perfect ending still want to cry at the thought of Matthew and Sybil but wonderful chapter.
WhatsABriard chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
I can't even, right now. Like, I wasn't all THAT upset about Matthew but I'm having a really difficult time handling how the CHARACTERS are going to feel. Mary and Isobel in particular. It's just kind of making my brain short-circuit with sad and I sort of hope we get a nice little time jump before series 4 because I am THAT MUCH of a wuss. (then again, MDocks will act the shit out of it and I'd hate to miss that but so much saaaaad.)

This was just so...gentle and sweet that it was like being punched in the throat. *g* Nothing was horrible and melodramatic and the grief was tempered and I think that was just so much more powerful.

And then there was this:

"And when their private conversation passed and they turned to look at the assembled group, she watched them press their hands together and exchanging a proud smile."

That thing there, in the middle of the floor? That's my heart. That you RIPPED RIGHT OUT OF MY CHEST. (in a good way, but still)
Settees-under-siege chapter 12 . 10/27/2012
Yay, thank you so much! I really can see Martha behaving just like this when word arrives. So well thought out as always :)
Victoria chapter 12 . 10/26/2012
I'm really enjoying these drabbles. Violet and Mrs Hughes are especially delightful. I'm really looking forward to Mrs Patmore's turn!
shana.rose chapter 12 . 10/26/2012
*Tears* Oh poor Martha finding out about Sybil must have been a huge shock.
The Yankee Countess chapter 12 . 10/25/2012
Oooohh Martha, I *know* the pain you mean! I'm still reeling! I'm glad you wrote a "Martha" centered chapter, and this makes perfect sense that she would react the way she did, and I think you hit the nail on the head so well with how she saw Sybil. I have to say, Series 3 has *really* disappointed me, and I'm not just saying that as a Sybil/Branson shipper, but overall, I have found it to be a little lack-luster. For example, they kept talking about "Martha" as if she were going to be in huge portion of the episodes, but she was only in 2, and she's not there for Edith's wedding or Sybil's funeral? I feel the Bates in jail storyline has been dragged out for so long that I hardly care anymore about him (and I'm starting to believe he did kill his wife) I really thought there was going to be this big arc about what was going on in Ireland, but that was only really one episode, and now Tom is "trapped" there, so to speak, and I'm curious to know what you think as a Cora/Robert shipper, because I *really* feel that they have destroyed Robert this season-it just seems that in every episode, he's falling further and further from grace, whether that's with his daughters, sons-in-law, or his wife, after the whole tragedy with Sybil's life. I just don't know what Fellowes' overall plan was for this season, but it feels like it's just all over the map, but there's no real direction to which it's headed. I have to say, I think I've read better stories on this website by ordinary people than by an Oscar/Emmy winning writer. Curious to know what you think! BUT, still another great chapter :o)
The Yankee Countess chapter 11 . 10/11/2012
Awwww! I'm not even a big Carson/Hughes shipper, but how could a person NOT find that sweet? Gosh, it reminds me of "Remains fo the Day"; I remember watching that film and screaming at the characters to admit their feelings :oP

Hooray for a new chapter! Eager to see who's next!
Settees-under-siege chapter 11 . 10/11/2012
That was so enjoyable. You captured their relationship with impeccable precision. And thanks to Antigone for the request! Can you please now do one for Martha? :)
antigone chapter 11 . 10/10/2012
THANK YOU! that was pitch perfect! i so love these two!
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »