Reviews for Queen Lucy, the Firebird, & Koschei the Deathless
marmota-b chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
As I've read my share of Russian fairytales in my childhood (they often puzzled me, like the part about the life/death in a needle in a... very much a matryoshka concept, now that I look at it!), I enjoyed this very much - and after it all, I very much enjoyed the "real life" insert - especially the part about taking out the dagger sooner, because that was precisely what I was thinking when I was reading Lucy's story. ;-)
Slayergirl chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Ah... very nicely done. Koschei, eh? How did he get in there, then? ;-)
The Imaginatrix chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
I loved this. Seriously. I have a passion for fairytales of all origins, and this story transposed the best of the Russian stories into the world of Narnia! I loved everything about it. It flowed beautifully, and the ending made me smile. I am favouriting this. I will want to read it again and again and again and again...

Trix.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
I love the ending, when you bring it back to the present day with Lucy telling the story. Just such a feeling of... warmth, and rightness. The fable was lovely too, and very traditional-sounding.
nochance chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I lived this story. It had a mythological feel to it and your story telling techniques are amazing.
Heliopause chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
That was super-spectacularly WONDERFUL! :D Thank you very much.

I love Baba Yaga's house and it is a wonderful and joyful surprise to find it in Narnia - or in the lands beyond the lands beyond Narnia, anyway - and I love the really-fairytale voice of the story, too, the things that are so satisfyingly RIGHT ("Now I have repaid your favor," said the fox.) and the things that stay mysterious forever (it flew away into the utmost east and was never seen again.) And the part where it stops being fairytale - brilliant!
Alrissa chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
I half expected for Lucy to be telling the story to her grand kids or something and a hint at the end that parts of it were true... As is... Far too many tropes have been used for me to gush. It's something I'd tell my six year old niece who hasn't heard such. :)
rthstewart chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
This was a wonderful, wonderful story and thank you so much for writing it for me. I love the rhythm and the use of the tropes of the fairy tale to tell an absolutely wonderful crossover with Barrayar-esque overtones. The coda at the end, the story within a story, frames it up to a wonderful and satisfying conclusion. Thank you again for this wonderful gift.
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
As a die-hard fan of the tales of Baba Yaga, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this brilliant mix of Russian folklore and Narnia adventure! It was fabulously written and wonderfully true to prototype...and the coda, taking us back to a royal-sibling de-briefing, made for an even more satisfying ending!

This was a great story...a gift not only to Rth Stewart but to anyone who is fortunate enough to read it!

Clio1792