Reviews for Man Plans, God Laughs
UnpredictablyRandomOne chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
My heart stopped. After reading your previous story, where I almost lost Billy to torture, I needed something a bit more...I don't know, cheerful? Something where Billy doesn't almost die! Yet, you literally put him in a body bag which caused me to uncontrollably sob! Seriously, you really don't like him, huh?

Since it did have a happy ending I guess I can forgive. Michael did faint after all. That was a great moment. Great job as always!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
OMG! You just delight in giving me a stroke, don't you? And I oh so love you for it too. Talk about killing Billy without really killing him! All of the pain, remorse, grief, even what seems to be hard core evidence of his death and then you resurrect him by a faint heartbeat thrusting everyone, especially Michael back towards hope and determination. Amazing!

Fave Part:

As he set up the surveillance equipment from their conveniently chosen location, Billy suited up with his wire, watching Michael curiously.

After a few moments, Michael asked, "What?"

Billy shrugged. "Just admiring all the ways in which you are a truly terrifying and spectacular paranoid bastard," he said.

Michael didn't look up, still working. "It's a matter of safety," he said, glancing at Billy. "Your safety, this time."

"Aye, no complaints here, mate," Billy said. "I just wonder if you realize that you really can't control the universe."

"No," Michael agreed. "But I can control this mission."

"You were a bit harsh on Casey," he said. "He has a point. About chance, that is."

"Chance is still a predictable, controllable variable," Michael replied. "You just have to play the odds."

"Ah, the never failing logic," Billy mused.

Michael stopped, looking at him. "I know you better than that," he said. "You're not a man who believes in chance and fortune."

"Certainly not," Billy said. "Most of life is what we make it."

"See," Michael said, inclining his head.

Billy made a face, curious. "But not all of life is that way. I think we have to reserve some space for the possibility of chance and luck. Even a miracle or two."

Michael scoffed. "Miracles are for people who don't plan well enough."

"I reckon," Billy said. Then he smiled. "The Lord have mercy on the man who thinks that can't be them."

- I love his moment, it's as if Billy is foreseeing something and I love his perspective on how Michael treated Casey. He expresses such quiet wisdom here.
penless chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Seriously, I haven't reviewed this lovely piece of brilliance yet? I must be thick in the head.

This has got to be one of the most original fics I've read in a long time. I can say with complete certainty that I would never be creative enough to come up with something like this. I mean, wow. This fic sucked me in, totally and completely. It gave me the chills, thinking about Michael, Casey, and Rick moving from body bag to body bag. And when Michael found Billy? Gawd, my heart stopped. Just thinking about it makes me want to read it again, for the fifth or sixth time.

...And yes, I do read your fics that obsessively. This is what you've done to me.

You and Lena amaze me - a whump alphabet is pure gold. And I do hope you plan on posting more from this alphabet!

Thank you!
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Beautiful story. :) I love happy endings.
Cathy chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Well, I thank lena for the whump alphabet and you for creating such a good story from one of the letters. I always like the way you get into Michael's head, and adore the way you so easily capture the personalities of all four men.

Thanks for sharing.
sockie1000 chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
and just when I think you're found every possible way to try to kill Billy... you find another. ;D

loved it, of course. and I really felt for the guys when they found Billy. their reactions were perfectly in character (as if I would expect otherwise from you).

I also liked Michael's evolving perspective on miracles and luck. and, lol, I can feel him embarrassment from passing out from here. :)
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Fantastic and so believable with Michael.

Let the Billy whump continue!