Reviews for Requiem
5-STAR chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
Awesome story
Sirnonenath chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Oh I really enjoyed this. I mean, there had to be a transition for Hal, right? He's such a competent fighter in the show, but he had to start somewhere. I really liked seeing this side of Hal, to see that being a fighter wasn't something he always glorified or thought himself capable of.

"The tears fell harder and faster as I gripped my dad's shirt. He still had his arms around me and was whispering into my ear. I was too wound up to notice anything he was saying. " This was written so nicely.

"I feel ashamed of my breakdown sometimes. I used to be able to justify it a little because of my age, but now there's an even younger fighter than myself." While I personally don't track with Hal's reasoning here (I guess I don't see crying or getting solace from someone as a weakness), this is such a solid rationale for why he became more stoic. I guess it would be sobering to see someone younger than yourself coping with being a soldier (and without any family support either!)

Aww. I adore how Hal cements being a soldier in his mind by thinking of it as a duty that can keep his family alive and safe. *love*
Guest chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Great job with this story I had always wondered how it all began and this was a freat take on it keep writing please.
DriftingCloudz chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
I thought that was AWESOME. Keep writing Hal stuff!
JoyScott13 chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Hal 3 I love this, I've always wondered/thought about how they went from being scared victims of an alien attack, to fighters on a hopeless food-run in the pilot :) It wouldn't have been easy for Hal at first, for any of them, but they had no choice but to learn, and I think you conveyed that well :) I love this, but I could be biased as I see your name next to something in my inbox and get so excited each time :)
perfidious penultimate chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
This was great! I always love your stories, especially the familial oneshots (: Keep up the amazing work!