Reviews for Wreath Of Steel And Silver
Galad Estel chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I am afraid that Tolkien said more than one time that Galadriel fought in the defense of the Teleri, amd not against them
Kondoru chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Thats right, our Tomboy is probably a Kinslayer, if only in self defence, even though JRRT tried to whitewash her history.

Nice reason why you mustnt touch the mirror...can I use it? Tomboy is want me to write her a fic (even though I prefer other genures...)
J. Dawnwolf chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
"Did the water's change signify Galadriel's continued

taint, or was the blood washed away at last?"

I would guess that it meant forgiveness, as she did accept the choice of the Valar to go across the sea, the only of the Noldorin leaders to do so, as I recall. It's nice to see someone who knows their lore, who knows the kinslaying. Definitely a favourite.
Phoenix.G.Fawkes chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
You have a way with words that makes it easy to picture all what you describe and to feel what your characters feel. This piece is just beautiful.
Lassar chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
Very interesting idea. So what if it's slightly AU? It posed a very interesting question. Personally, I think Galadriel still feels the taint, otherwise why would she reach into the mirror? Her own heart would be answer enough.
m-girls chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
That was truly a great portrayal of a unique branch of cannon that is hardly touched by most writers. This piece was very powerful and moving to me. Congratulations on a story well-done.
queerquail chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
I have no idea whether Galadriel was forgiven or not, and I rather like it that way...XD Makes the ending more incomplete and mysterious. Loved the way you portrayed her.
WatcherChild chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
I happened to stumbled across this story at the Anor ah Ithil site.

I love this portrayal of Galadriel. Maybe I am a sadist, but I think a guilty, imperfect Galadriel always works the best. After all, the lessons you learn from mistakes are always more valuable than any others.

I think that the strongest character in your story is the Mirror. Somehow, the Mirror had a life of its own simply by becoming an extension of Galadriel's. I love it.

Love it love it love it. There needs to be more stories like yours.
Kathryn Janeway chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
Beautiful. Hauntingly beautiful.
"Afternote: Ah hah. Did the water's change signify Galadriel's continued
taint, or was the blood washed away at last? I don't know. Do you...?"
In regard to this I'd like to send forward my opinion. I think that by dipping her hands in the mirror, Galadriel did wash her hands of the blood, but her hands are stained as a reminder of her part in the kinslaying, and she will carry this around her entire lifetime.
Once again, loved the story and hope to see some more of your work in the near future.
Becci, X
Pipsicle chapter 1 . 6/30/2003
That was good. No, not good. Beautiful. Brava, Kielle. If all your stories are like this, then I can't wait to read them all.
Venyatuima chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
Okay, I'm gonna cry ... the Kinslaying was so ... sad. Poor Galadriel. Yes. Anyway. *shakes self out of slight trance* that was extremely good writing, lol. As they all are :).
Kat Heiman chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
Beautiful... Wonderful... Words cannot describe... The kinslaying is a bit vague in the book, and I think you did very well. Yes, I'm reading al your fics tonight, I just love your work! Expect more reviews for most of your fics...

Kat Heiman
BurningTyger chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
Excellent. Galadriel and her part in the Kinslaying was never too well described, and I think it could certinly have happened this way. I love how you wrote the vision; the stream-of-consciousness was great. It doesn't matter if we can tell whether she's been forgiven or not, becuase after all, the Mirror can only reflect...Wonderful story.
kyesophina chapter 1 . 10/4/2002
I'm not trying to ruin the mood or anything here, but Galadriel was indeed at the civil battle itself. If memory serves then I did read that she fought fiercely on behalf of the Shipbuilders. So, amidst the chaotic horror of that crowded battle, she could have killed her cousin by accident (and still never forgive herself). In that sense you haven't tweaked the facts at all... But, good job anyway.
Nerwende Artanis chapter 1 . 9/3/2002
Thank you for a wonderful story. It was inspiration for the kinslaying chapter of my Galadriel cycle.

As for A.J. Burress-Crowell, Tolkien rewrote Galadriel's story enough times to make your fic canonical IMHO.