Reviews for Lady Knight Volant
TamariChan chapter 29 . 6/21
I'm not sure if I've reviewed this before, but I'm rereading it and I've got to tell you, you deserve so much more recognition than you've gotten. I've read pretty much every story of any length in the fandom, and this is one of the best. Your ideas are brilliant and your writing is solid. Truly amazing.
Emilia Shyfte chapter 32 . 4/1
You have an appalling under-appreciation of punctuation, particularly commas, but delightful story-telling. Thank you for writing this. I've enjoyed it thoroughly.
J chapter 32 . 3/20
I have no words! It was like reading the next book in the series even though there is no next book. I loved it so much!
Babyuknowme13 chapter 32 . 2/29
Holy mother Teresa, I saw this recommended on tvtropes, but never imagined the description was so accurate. As if Pierce wrote a continuation for adults. Marvelous, bravo, and many other nice words. Be proud of yourself, this was awesome.
DragonWolfAZ chapter 32 . 2/12
This story is a masterpiece. The characters developed wonderfully and if you bound it and slapped on a cover I'd say it was tamora pierce's work anyday. Your writing skills are phenomenal. Bravo and thank you for the story.
moon so bright chapter 8 . 1/10
Peachblossom was hilarious, and I like that Wyldon offered her a new horse. I liked the fact that Alanna helped her through most of her issues, and then metaphorically dope slapped her to get her to cal the goddess for healing. Also, that truth gate rocks.
moon so bright chapter 7 . 1/6
I got some serious feels from the mother-son moment between Keladry and Tobe! She needs a therapist, though, and I suppose Alanna is the closest to that she will be getting any time soon. The thing with the slings was cool, as was the Yamani contingent. I loved what they have Peachblossom doing in his old age, as well. The skull names, on the other hand, were utterly ridiculous.
moon so bright chapter 6 . 1/6
Poor Peachblossom! Poor Keladry!
I liked both how Kel thanked the spidren mage, affirming the treaty and such, and the gesture of thanks seemed quite interesting. I also found the whole seeing magic thing fascinating.
moon so bright chapter 5 . 1/5
I foresee bad things happening in relation to the Quinden fiasco in the future. The concept of the shrine was awesome - I really liked the choices of which gods you had her honor in its building. The thing with the dining hall was awesome, too - that has to be the most artistic Fort in the history of warfare. I was also pleased by the tidbit you did of Wylden playing with Jump. It is something very in character for the man, but often overlooked. I liked how the priest did his best to give as equal a prayer to all the gods as he could, not just his own patron. Weiryn, the Green Lady, and Sakuyo were my favorites. The gods interest in and interaction with those of New hope seems pretty cool.
moon so bright chapter 4 . 1/4
The conversation with Daine was interesting, and the thing about the Tauros was ominous. I like how you are incorporating holidays like Mabon into this tale, as well - and her idea about the princess and prince coming along with a divine was a really neat way to incorporate more of those side characters whose tales hold so much potential. (By the way, just what is the difference between a horse and pony?) The retain to the basilisks' work was satisfying, as were the insights into immortal culture. I felt for all the human folk and their various trauma during the meeting with the spidren, but I found their craving for cheese most hilarious.
moon so bright chapter 3 . 1/3
The book Wyldon got for her was cool, indeed. Her shock at the celebration done in their honor was amusing, and her toast during the feast was moving. Also, it was nice seeing minor character like T'ka again, but done in such an interesting light. New Hope is a good name, though I got Star Wars flashbacks whenever I see it. Her idea about working with the immortals was fascinating, and her comment on all of them being refugees was thought-provoking. What I found most interesting, though, was the magicians and the engineers discussion, and how the mathematics of it all is continuous.
moon so bright chapter 2 . 1/2
I sympathized with Kel's remark about being unable to sit or she would fall asleep, and was amused by her saying the same would happen to her after a healing. I like Irnai and her comments about Shakith, as well. Kel's idea about telling the Scanrans of Maggur's dishonorable actions made me smile, as did their reactions to the concept. The hints we got about Scanran culture through her report and analysis were interesting as well. The Chamber speaking through the poor girl was a bit creepy, but the prophesy at the end from Shakith was cool. Her thinking that she would be executed after coming in after her actions, but still coming to do her duty was breathtaking. Getting chewed out by both the Healers and Lord Wyldon is something I distinctly approve of, and I find myself intrigued by the text Wyldon gave here. The approval the old man gave her, comparing her to a daughter, was heartwarming.
moon so bright chapter 1 . 1/2
I liked her interactions with her fellow knights and her concerns for their future, as well as her bemoaning the paperwork. Her confrontation with Wyldon and Raoul seems to be looking interesting, especially as she expects negative repercussions to her and her unit's actions.
mtnikolle chapter 32 . 12/28/2015
This has been a delightful story to read! I've enjoyed your words and images immensely, and find that they keep a good rhythm with Tamora Pierce's own. Thanks for writing and publishing!
ocean's pebble chapter 29 . 12/5/2015
Just wanted to say that I LOVE all of the detail you've put in here. All of the military terms, all of the words that have dropped out of modern vocabulary, how the immortals could be put to use in architecture, etc. Beautifully done.