Reviews for Lady Knight Volant
Alanna-of-Olau chapter 32 . 4/12
I wanted to say thank you for writing this. Protector of the Small was always one of my favorite series, although the ending had always felt incomplete. Your story was wonderful and I'll admit kept me rapt to the point not wanted to stop to go to bed. Your attention to detail and beautifully maintained pacing are something I've not seen matched in a long time. As far as I'm concerned, this story is the ending I will remember for the series.
Charlie Night chapter 32 . 3/18
I absolutely love this story and you are a fantastic writer. I hope you write more protector of the small fanfics. I would definitely read them.

3 Charlie
CharmedArtist chapter 10 . 2/17
The scene where Keladry strikes down Torhelm with the help of the three gods is one of the most powerful scenes in this story, and one of my favorite because it summarizes that "paradox" perfectly. In your words, "making her at once too ugly for any man to desire and the most successful spread-legged jade lurid imaginations could conjure". I just found this scene so striking that I had to come back and reread it once more. Other favorite parts (that I reread just now as well) are the debriefing before the King at the very beginning of this epic, and the scene where she talks to Alanna and receives the Goddesses healing. I won't go listing all the many parts of this saga that I love, for that would take way too long! You just have this incredible gift at writing heart-wrenching emotions in a way that brings me to tears, and I love it. Thank you again for posting this for us to enjoy.
Elavie chapter 32 . 2/16
Up until now I had somehow missed this gem of a story. Once I started reading it I devoured it start to finish. It is definitely one of the best LK continuations I have read and it was a joy to read.
Caracandal chapter 19 . 1/29
Re-reading and enjoying-very much!-again. One thing caught my eye in this chapter though. I thought they took in two Scanran toddlers from the spies, but in this chapter you discuss Freja's son as the only other Scanran child besides Irnai...
Dom-Loves-Kel chapter 6 . 12/21/2013
Wow! How intense. I've just started your story and am extremely impressed by its serious nature! It was just what I was looking for.. something quite legitimate feeling.
Do you have any similar recommendations?
Can't wait to read more.
Emily
RonRR chapter 32 . 12/16/2013
A vey well written and truly epic story. I enjoyed it immensely.

Your characterization of Kel and others is very consistent with that of TP.

Thanks for writing,

Ron
CharmedArtist chapter 32 . 11/18/2013
AMAZING story. I read this months ago on Archive of our own, and only now got around to looking for it on fanfiction so that I could add it to my favorites! Thank you so much for sharing this brilliant story with us all.
Guest chapter 32 . 9/27/2013
This was absolutely amazing. It would take an incredibly long time to list all the reasons why, but I think it's enough to say you do a fantastic job of writing a realistic and entertaining story. Some moments were absolutely heart wrenching, and you managed to deal with them well and still inject bits of humour throughout.

Probably the best thing about your fic are the characters, you've perfectly captured them, the way the react to situations, and their motives. They feel just as real in your story, if not more so, than they do in the books because you didn't shy away from showing their weaknesses and instead explored them, and some characters that sometimes felt a bit two-dimensional in the original series, such as Wyldon, became a lot more complex and interesting.

You're an amazing writer, it's a crime this doesn't have more reviews - and I'm happily adopting your story as cannon.
sarafine-ecleips chapter 3 . 9/23/2013
I've read this story many times and what never ceases to amaze me is the amount of detail and effort written, not to mention the research that this must have required for the names of the defences and the sheer quantity of thought into the many complicated ideas and the scenery. I applaud you your brilliance.
Queen Islanzadi chapter 32 . 9/22/2013
Wow, this was amazing! Very well-written and you captured the characters and their voices perfectly - it feels like a true continuation of the PotS series.
royuki chapter 32 . 9/17/2013
This is a fantasy story and you do Kel a lot of justice. I can't believe this is a fanfiction, because it deserves so much more. I'm impressed with your battle descriptions and I learned a lot of terms. (I had no idea what an abatis and a warison was before I read this.) You did a great job with the war and I was up until 2 am reading about the siege. I love this story and I'm definitely bookmarking it for return readings.
random-k chapter 32 . 9/7/2013
Wow this was really good. I couldn't stop!
maire 53 chapter 32 . 9/5/2013
This is great is there another chapter
Raindrops on Roses chapter 32 . 8/31/2013
...*Wow*. Talk about epic! I'd meant to get started on reading the rest of your Vorkosiverse series, but then I noticed this fic and got sidetracked. (For DAYS.) To be honest, my first review attempt was mostly consonants and exclamation points. (I'm really not so great with coherent reviews, which is why I don't review often.)

This was an astounding continuation of the whole Tortallan universe. It took things I loved about the original series-strength in the face of adversity, overcoming bigotry, protecting those who need it and teaching those who can learn to do so themselves-and expanded on them. I particularly enjoyed the way you developed the evolving interactions between mortals and Immortals at New Hope, and the way they would cause ripples of change, not just throughout Tortall, but all the lands surrounding. As always, I adore a good worldbuilding fic, and this certainly delivered.

I was particularly impressed by the way you handled the aftermath of Kel's rape. Her reactions were very true-to-life, and the way she overcame it and healed believable. So many stories use rape as a way to add drama, and ignore any other repercussions it would have, even as far as having the character healed by the power of the Magical Healing... well. I'll let you fill in the blank.

A wonderful fic, as I've said, and I've added it to my Favorites.