Reviews for The 'F' Word
SharKohen chapter 10 . 6/30
Oh my goodness. Well, I'm a sucker for happy ending so thank you! This was wonderful to read.
Iva1201 chapter 10 . 6/7
Beautiful, simply beautiful - I love the ending, and the whole story - especially the way Luke gets to Anakin in the end and saves him from himself - one single word and how powerful it can be! Thank you very much for writing this masterpiece and sharing it with us!
thedarkwolf95 chapter 8 . 6/5
your lukes a bitch
lamestorywriter chapter 1 . 6/4
My God I cried so much with your story. It's absolutely beautiful. Thank you.
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 10 . 5/24
What's that in my eyes? Tears, you say? No, must be allergies. Or rain localized right over my face. I'm not crying. Not at all.
But seriously, this was amazing. From start to finish, oh the feels! You, without a doubt, have so much talent. Thank you for this wonderful creation. :D
MattKennedy chapter 10 . 4/5
Such an awesome, heartbreaking, and sweet story! :D
SynDeath chapter 10 . 3/24
Oh my god!
First of all, loved the title. Your story just filled my soul with light. A very good pace, interesting conversations, the feelings and uncertainty were explained so well, the build up was simply delicious, and holy shit you gave us a Good Ending. I feel blessed to have read this. Amazing story!
Searchingforangels chapter 10 . 3/24
Do know what you have done to me? Do you know? You have reduced me to a trembling, aching, awestruck pile of emotion that is currently incapable of thinking of much beside this story. This was not an emotional roller coaster. A roller coaster has a set track, limits. This. This was an emotional typhoon. It completely knocked me over.

One of the incredible things about this story is that I had literally no solid idea where you were taking it. At first, I hope Luke can fix Anakin right before things go wrong - that's how this sort of fanfiction goes, right?
But then Luke is, quite rationally, not rippling the waters of time too much and instead of a shallow "look, Palpatine's the Sith Lord so don't join him" story, we get a deep, heartbreaking understanding from someone who loved Anakin so powerfully that in another universe Anakin did what no one thought possible and turned away from the dark for the son who never stopped loving him. That just about broke my heart.
Luke really isn't changing anything significantly enough, though, and so now I see Luke's metamorphosizing opinion of his father as explaining canon - this is how Luke learned to love his father so earthshakingly, so when his ship is fixed, he returns to his time and Return of the Jedi takes place.
Wrong again. I should stop underestimating Luke's love for his father, and Anakin's love for his son, because they were already fully present. And somehow, impossibly, just when I had lost hope this was any sort of fix-it, you completely turn the story around with one word. Your description of Anakin Skywalker, radiant with light, is so much more powerful for allowing him to get so very close to Falling - perhaps he even did fall, and came back to the light for Luke, just as he did in ROTJ. The fact that whatever happened, he returned stronger is a deep emotional scene that really could not be earned any other way - for that deep of character growth has to be earned. Light is more than the subversion of darkness, which is something I think people sometimes miss with any Anakin/Vader redemption stories. Yours has it, the most I've seen in any piece of writing.
And then Luke is full of light and so, so strong and wise and good to a greater potential than most people dare show him, all while staying perfectly in character. In fact, he stayed so perfectly in character that I believe you have convinced me that this is who canon Luke truly is inside. And he's dying and it's heartbreaking because the Empire will never happen, Luke and Leia will be raised in a wonderful, loving family together, the Republic has a good chance of not just surviving but becoming reborn into something truly good instead of teetering on stagnant corruption - but this Luke, this wonderful, bright, Tattooine boy is about to be lost forever. And he's alright with it.
I'm not.
I was more or less in tears when Anakin encases his son in love in Luke's final moments. That was written so powerfully, and I can't add anything else approaching the power already there.
And yes, this last chapter seems to bear out all those conclusions - that Luke and Leia are happy and raised in a much better world, that everything will be alright but the Luke we have grown to love has been lost, the sacrifice for this redeemed time.
And then one, final truly unexpected twist brings back Luke in all his strong, battleworn and battle earned light while still somehow preserving the happier, more innocent child he was raised as. That was the best writing I've read, to date.
I focused an incredible amount on Luke, but your Padme and Anakin, seen through Luke's eyes, gives not only incredible depth and meaning to this story, but, like your characterization of Luke, seems to ring with such truth that they truly have transformed the way I see canon.
In total - this is amazing. This broke my heart and put it back together several times. This was no shallow redemption or love; it was instead stunningly deep, understated, and powerful. This is absolutely incredible. Thank you so much for posting it.
vh132 chapter 10 . 3/19
Beautiful story !
Thank you :D !
The Demigod Gryffindor chapter 10 . 3/7
I love this so much! And the ending was absolutely perfect! I love happy endings :)
HanLaw0086 chapter 10 . 2/17
This has been a total pleasure to read and I absolutely love the ending
YohanKC chapter 10 . 2/16
Lol this story made me ugly cry at times. Great job!
Synonym A chapter 10 . 1/7
Aww! What a beautiful, perfect ending! Disorienting, weird, and all-around fluffy. Yeah... Not exactly my type but...

I'm just spewing nonsense today! It was a nice ending! Nonsense-spewing part of me, please just go to sleep!

...Yeah, nice story, I'm rereading it. QueenNaberrie's time travel fics for Star Wars were my favorite, but now this is...

Argh! Can't get anything into the right words!

Synonym, I shall call myself... Synonym Authoress.

Summary: Great story, loved the ending, ignore my nonsense, it's just a part of me today.

~Synonym Authoress
Gabesgurl chapter 10 . 1/7
I periodically reread this and sob grossly for about an hour. So here I am...rereading it again...perhaps I should review every time I reread it so you know how much I love it
Dulharpa chapter 10 . 1/5
This is a wonderful fanfic! This is on my mental list of best star wars fanfics now :D