Reviews for Silver Blaze
Bk7BrokeMyBrain chapter 4 . 4/10
I love Gregson and the catch-as-catch-can station house. I grinned so hard when he described having to find out who had the keys every time they started up for a new investigation. Very lively description of the town.
illereyn chapter 12 . 4/9
Like how they're falliable but still have a strong relationship. And an interesting case!
grannysknitting chapter 12 . 4/13/2013
I really like that you stuck to the cannon of John and kept the gambling side of him alive - I also like that you didn't do the 'perfect marraige, perfect job, perfect friend' thing that so many authors choose

while it's not easy to put characters you love through a hard time (and you do love them, I can tell by the way you write them) you do it is such a way that there is a plot, there is a point to the angst and there is a resolution.

it may not be the resolution that the reader 'wants' but it certainly develops the cahracters and makes them 3 dimensions instead of a pale copy of someone elses plot or idea.

thank you so much for sharing your talent with us - and thank you for scarlet too (both the happy and sad versions of her) I hope that you are well soon and that you manage to meet all the goals that you set yourself in your profile.
rukushaka chapter 2 . 3/15/2013
Loved the addiction talk. "Compelling and destructive" indeed. And people wonder why we identify so much with these characters... *sigh*
owl-eats-waffles chapter 12 . 3/2/2013
That was fantastically written, and I loved the way you blended the plot with the characters. I also found the story arc with John very moving. Thank you!
mattsloved1 chapter 12 . 11/12/2012
Great 221B feeling, Mrs. Hudson and Sherlock dynamic as well as one great friend looking out for another. Fantastic ending! :-D
mattsloved1 chapter 11 . 11/12/2012
I have to admit I feel badly for poor Edith. Love a threatening Sherlock when his friend is hurt. :)
mattsloved1 chapter 10 . 11/12/2012
It's too bad Mary doesn't like Sherlock. Sure he can get into a bit of trouble, and John too by extension, but he truly wants what is best for his friend and, as he showed earlier in this chapter, he really is the smartest of them all despite his lack of social skills.
mattsloved1 chapter 9 . 11/12/2012
"Surely a hardened gambler would be prepared to get up early to check on a horses form?"

"No. We're lazy sods who stay up too late."

"Fair enough."

Very nice. :-)
mattsloved1 chapter 8 . 11/12/2012
I adore this chapter. The phone conversation, Sherlock's response, John's realization and their talk after. It's all brilliant.
mattsloved1 chapter 7 . 11/12/2012
The plot thickens. :-)
mattsloved1 chapter 5 . 11/12/2012
I love reading your pieces. I am sure I was just as shocked as John when Sherlock admitted he was correct and laughed when John helped Sherlock with some horse information. Poor John.
mattsloved1 chapter 4 . 11/12/2012
Very nice progress on the case, I like Gregson and adore Sherlock & John's discussion. :)
mattsloved1 chapter 3 . 11/12/2012
The things I love: I love the dynamic of 221B, the fact that there is no other flatmate with John gone and that Sherlock doesn't even think to not have John back.

What I don't love: Mary. She is something else. At least she is right now.

On to Ch. 4!
mattsloved1 chapter 2 . 11/12/2012
John's reasoning for now wanting relationship advice from Mrs. Hudson made me laugh and I like how Sherlock tried to find others to help John when he thought he couldn't in that area. It turns out listening and being empathetic was a bit of what John needed. Nicely done chapter! :)