Reviews for Effloresco Secundus
fenixrojo36 chapter 34 . 9/15
Z
Elimyyy chapter 34 . 9/12
WHAT GHOSTS WILL BE AROUND ITACHI?! I bet it will be Shisui and Fugaku (forgive the spelling pls)
I stumbled across this story somehow [probably tumblr? It's taken me a while to read everything so I don't even know anymore] and I'm so glad I did. Your angle is so unique! I remember (in those wee little me days) when I would read Harry Potter X Naruto fanfics- and you're right! They were all the same. This is a totally new to me crossover angle. (I know one similar time travel/soul-sharing idea in Time Flies Like an Arrow by katlou303 without the crossover but that's it! [Definitely a must-read; I don't want to insinuate you took their idea or anything, just sharing the awesomeness]).
The way you've developed Naruto in particular is unbelievable. It's so organic! He's gone from ridiculously optimistic to realistically goal-driven. And the change is gradual enough that I didn't even notice until Sakura/Hermione would mention it in her inner dialogue.
Sasuke in this story is my guilty pleasure weirdly enough. I don't really favor him anymore as a character but you portray him as a real life struggling pre-teen/teenager with an atrocious past and even worse coping mechanisms (but now With Friends!). His problems are REAL and as someone without a mom anymore I can relate SO MUCH to how pissed he is about the ghost sharing tidbit.
Sakura/Hermione makes me feel conflicted (and totally not your doing! Just my personal feelings). I really don't like how Hermione dealt with Sakura. To me it IS selfish and unforgiving how she's keeping Sakura locked up and I just have presonal grievances against doing something like that tbh. I feel like you're setting that up for a reason? It will have to be dealt with at some point, and I doubt with an upcoming war she can figure it out before an important happening in the midst of battle.
Really excellent world building and characterization. I am entranced! I can't wait for more.
Hope you're well!
whyhakuwhy chapter 11 . 9/9
haku died... nooooo :(
OMG ITACHI!
great history! i hope see gaara!
neah20 chapter 26 . 9/4
i like shino... i read all you history! KIBAAA! HINATA! all team 8 u.u
EmLights chapter 34 . 9/3
Great chapter! Can't wait for the next update.
O.H chapter 34 . 9/3
This is probably one of the best written fics i've come across in this fandom, hands down.
I'm in it for the soft moments: the emotional, team bonding funny parts. I melt when they have heart to hearts, reveal pieces of themselves to each other and learn what it is to be human, I suppose. I like this sakura/hermione however hard and calculating she can be because I've lived enough to know that the world is a lot like that: cold and hard and not intentionally cruel but a struggle that can hurt and you have to find these moments of quiet kindness, for lack of a better word, and cultivate them, cherish them, keep them close to your soul and your heart so that you don't lose yourself.
So…..i /Love/ this fic. I really REALLY /Love/ this fic. I enjoyed the kakashi chapter too. There's something about an outsider pov that's tantalizing and refreshing and you did it really well with him.
I won't pretend that I understand all of the plotting and canon manipulations because I was never a huge fan of the anime/manga but I still appreciate them. Especially all the time and effort and research. Thanks! I think what's really astounding to me is how seamlessly you've melded harry potter and naruto and how well you've made it /fit/. It Works. And that's down entirely to your masterful writing skill. Those little sprinkled clues, hints so subtle and nonchalant that I barely even notice them and all the details that flesh the world out and ground it are a revelation to behold.
I guess what I love most is the realism and maturity of the characters and the story. I appreciate it a lot because it must take effort, thought and time to work through and create this almost incomprehensibly fantastic story. What made me a little sad is naruto's relationship with hinata. There was something so very heartbreaking when he has that conversation with hermione/sakura about her because it's both tragic and realistic considering the situation and his reaction made my chest ache for him.
There's a lot of potential with the yura betrothal plotline that could touch on both sasuke's uchiha history, naruto's hinata/hokage connections and address some of the glaring issues with the whole system that i'm excited to see where it goes. Like I said, hints so subtle that I barely notice them doesn't mean I ignore them, you're just so fucking talented that I have no clue where you're going to go with them and it's thrilling to read. Thank you.
When publishers say they read better fanfics than manuscripts, this is what they're talking about.
Also, that last sentence was like a punch to the gut. I both hate you and love you so much after this chapter. Please take care of yourself! Sending good vibes your way with the coming school year whether you're studying or working or both. 3
Coolcatmfj chapter 34 . 8/31
I read till this chapter and my reaction was please no let it continue one more chapter don’t let stop here
Jinhara chapter 34 . 8/27
I was NOT expecting the akatsuki, guess I should have been! Shikamaru better come out of this relatively unscathed... or, y'know, break my heart anyway. I'd probably forgive you. Great chapter either way. Fucking cliffhangers.
MidKnight Karina chapter 34 . 8/27
Wow what an excellent chapter, my heart was pounding at the revelation that some unknown person was stalking Sakura. Was it Kabuto? Or was it some other creep interested in her abilities? I need to know! I love the introduction of Itachi in this chapter. Also very excited to understand what’s going on with Sakura and Shikamaru getting the lead positions, something tells me this has to do with ANBU. Really can’t wait to read more, thanks for writing.
Jinhara chapter 24 . 8/27
What a horrifying way to end this action-packed chapter-that scene in her mind space was creepy as heck. Yikes. Time for me to sleep, I'll be sure to read more tomorrow.
Jinhara chapter 20 . 8/26
Yeah, this team 7 is much more... real? I mean, they're more serious about being ninja, and they are definitely more mature. Sakura's made quite the impact on them. I hope she doesn't get in too much trouble for being suspiciously mature-the whole "I see dead people," would hopefully smooth that over if she convinced the others she's seen a LOT of dead shinobi. That'd definitely age a kid. 14 Chapters til I'm caught up! ]
Jinhara chapter 17 . 8/26
Jesus Christ-hey, I'm new here, reading for the first time. This is the first crossover fanfic I've ever read, but holy shit what a way to introduce me to the genre! I normally read OC centric stories, so this wasn't too big a leap-but I LOVE how you've deviated from canon narrative and made your own storylines and WOW this chapter is a ride on its own so I had to comment even though I'm not current with your updates. Hermione/Sakura is awesome. The magic is cool and foreboding. The hints of history for post-Battle-of-Hogwarts-Hermione are great. I also enjoy your interpretation of Kakashi. And GHOSTS. AH. That adds a whole 'nother dimension (although, I guess that's the point of allowing magic to exist in this realm). But whoa. This chapter. Good fucking job.
Talia chapter 34 . 8/26
God I love this fanfiction :D
Rin chapter 9 . 8/20
Ton histoire est bonne, mais comment dire ? Je ne ressens pas trop d'émotion émaner d'elle
4,000 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »