Reviews for Effloresco Secundus
Inconclusive chapter 33 . 1/9
Nice chapter. Glad Sakura has been forgiven. Looking forward to the next!
waywarddragon chapter 33 . 1/8
ooh! You updated!
I really like your worldbuilding, and your characters are as well done as always!
Thank you for the read!
Numbet1ebaystoregmail chapter 33 . 1/3
Great story I love reading it
Numbet1ebaystoregmail chapter 19 . 1/2
Awsome hard core story
okoomi chapter 33 . 1/2
I get so excited when I see you’ve updatedthanks so much for sharing your work!
mer chapter 33 . 1/1
Thank you!
queenfirst chapter 33 . 1/1
yay an update! loved the lowkey interrogation between inoichi and sakura, as well as the allusions to her previous life via the common room. your genma is amazing. reconciliation between sasuke and sakura - awesome. naruto works great as glue to their trio.
GlassGirlCeci chapter 33 . 12/31/2017
UGH, I love this so much! No surprise, given the string of reviews I've already left...I try not to do that, but some stories are just so fantastic I can't help myself. I don't even know where to begin. It's crazy, I can see how the quality has improved since you started it - not that it wasn't already great to begin with, but your dialogue and description of scenes is so rich and full of depth. Like in a couple of other stories, the character interactions might be some of my favorite parts - this chapter just goes to show that strength. The resolution with Sasuke, the heart-to-heart with Naruto, the tense back and forth between Sakura and Inoicho - all brilliant.

I'm kind of hoping for Inoichi's pov on his interview with Sakura, or maybe someone he reports to. I wonder how much he picked up on! That has to be one of my favorite scenes so far. And I have to say, I'm really thankful that you didn't drag out the disagreement with Sasuke. They've resolved it while maintaining a wary sort of caution for the short term, which is completely realistic. And you know, I'm thinking - could she pass off her ghost sense as the reason why she's so cold and jaded? If you're seeing gruesome war victims and ninja from early childhood, that has to be pretty traumatic, turning you against the big machine of the Hidden Village and giving you a truer understanding of what war is.

Gah, I could go on and on listing what I love about this fic! You've explored Sakura's interpersonal dynamic with her teammates wonderfully - that 'caring but not as peers' mentality, the trouble about associating them with Ron and Harry, etc. I like that you've given a reason for an adult to make friends with a pair of 12-13 year olds. So many OC or SI fics just say...well, they're friends because they're friends. But you've actually had her realize a part of her definitely is childish.

There's so much...but I'll end it here. I'm anxious for the next chapter! :)
GlassGirlCeci chapter 32 . 12/31/2017
She's not going to accept the proposal, right? Not in a million years? Marriage-contract fics (even if they're willing) have always irked me for some reason.

But other than that, I LOVED this chapter. I'm sad that they had an argument over Sakura's reveal, but it makes complete sense and doesn't at all feel like manufactured angst for the sake of angst. I appreciate that so much! And the conversations were all so genuine and enjoyable, and bittersweet at times. Sakura finally telling the others about her ghost sight was incredibly gratifying, and everything I was hoping for; I'm really glad she didn't hold out on telling Kakashi, too.
GlassGirlCeci chapter 26 . 12/31/2017
That little character interaction between Sakura and Jiraya was absolutely delightful. Sakura critiquing the Icha Icha series, and the boys' reactions, oh my god, genius.
GlassGirlCeci chapter 25 . 12/31/2017
Oh dear. That Jintoku Juichi guy does not sit right with me. Was Sakura under some kind of compulsion to ignore him? That quick dismissal seems very fishy to me. Whatever it is, *something* is clearly up with that. I hope it doesn't come back to bite them! The situation with the original Sakura also has me worried - their current arrangement doesn't seem stable AT ALL. Ahh!
GlassGirlCeci chapter 24 . 12/31/2017
He took...he took...he took an ovary, didn't he? Fucking Kabuto, I hate him so much. I swear he's like the Umbridge of the Naruto universe, lol. Objectively less harmful overall than Orochimaru or Akatsuki (at least until the end), but he's so resilient and insidious, like a nasty little cockroach, and the small, *personal*, malicious things he does - just AGH. He has that affected politeness that Umbridge does, too, only better. I hate him so much!
GlassGirlCeci chapter 23 . 12/30/2017
Naruto's match was hilarious :D They were all good though. But...I do feel like you nerfed Hermione's intelligence here? Or is it a case of unreliable narrator? Because I wouldn't say she's that much lower than Shikamaru, and I certainly wouldn't say she's not a genius - if "smartest witch of her age" doesn't merit the title of genius, I'm not sure what does! Even if she were a normal twelve year old I'd say she should give Shikamaru a run for his money. But that's a minor thing. I enjoyed it very much! I'm rather apprehensive about the door in her mind...
GlassGirlCeci chapter 21 . 12/30/2017
It's so hard to pick, but this might be my favorite chapter so far. So many delightful character moments, and some heartbreaking. Hinata's scene in the funeral really tugged at my heart - goodness, that was so well written. The whole chapter just felt so organic and natural! So, it kind of seems like team 7 is setting out to be like another sannin? I liked their conviction, the how they arrived to their resolution in the past couple of chapters culminating in this one. They certainly seem more cohesive than Jiraya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru, though that may be because we never got to really see them in their prime. I like the idea of the three of them growing powerful together, with Sakura kinda sorta at the helm.
GlassGirlCeci chapter 18 . 12/30/2017
Ye gods, that did not disappoint! Your description of the effects of the cursed seal was absolutely chilling, and the way you captured Sakura's desperation and hopelessness had me on the edge of my seat. I loved the way you finally brought magic out, capping off seventeen chapters of building and foreshadowing. Such a satisfying chapter! But of course I feel bad for all the crap she and her teammates had to go through...I can't believe you killed him off, that was completely unexpected, but at least it wasn't Sasuke or Naruto.

It looks like Sakura has had a wakeup call...now I'm super anxious to see where it takes her. I love this!
3,925 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »