Reviews for Effloresco Secundus
fellow chapter 20 . 2/20
Awesome. I want to see her tell 'her boys' about her past life.
The Lazy Bitch chapter 1 . 2/19
I don't even read Harry Potter, but I like this a lot! :D
Sayuri's a cool OC. n.n
LoonyLuna chapter 1 . 2/19
second blooming. i get it. nice.
Lost chapter 19 . 2/15
They seal up and down one side of her body and examine her and don't notice the other seal. I can't believe its not there any more is it?
Owen D chapter 19 . 2/14
It's good to get a different perspective on the story. I was really looking forward to how the jonin would react to the first exam and you didn't disappoint. Looking forward to what happens next.
kimchi759 chapter 19 . 2/14
I had to take a deep breath after digesting what's happened the past two or three chapters. So. Much.
I found it fitting that Kakashi recognized that he wasn't cut out to be a teacher. The part with him thinking about betraying Sakura's confiding in him was..interesting. Especially with that secondary voice that came in to push away the momentary guilt.
Oh, and I found the scene with the details about Haku's autopsy realistic and informative. I was also happy to have some of my suspicions about certain things (like Kakashi speaking to Shizune and no one suspicious of Sakura) validated. And this kinda is expected with the level of realism you've been maintaining thus far, but I have to say I'm happy you didn't turn Hiruzen into some harmlessly fluffy grandpa. He's so not.
Only mistake I caught was that the sentence that began with "As 'Mebuki'" was fragmented or missing a clause.
Everyone's reactions after watching Sakura react to the first exam, was amusing, especially Anko's. That said, I think one of the best parts about this chapter was how you described Kakashi's mind whirring about Sakura but had him display an unaffected countenance. Props. The only thing I found alittle iffy was the lack of mention of the memorial stone (at least thus far), considering how...significant it is, in the story and to Kakashi.
I think you did a pretty bang up job of portraying Kakashi, as difficult as he is to try to pen down. :)
Positively antsy for an update!

(On a side note, has Danzō noticed Sakura? And when will Naruto's furry problem be revealed...? Oh, and not to be shallow, but just how badly was her face damaged?)

...I just realized how similar Orochimaru's seal is to Harry's horcrux. Ugh.
kimchi759 chapter 18 . 2/14
Ohmygoodness. Lightbulb. The curse seal works as a core because its basis was Juugo's bloodline. Interesting to hea rhow the seal berates Sakura, and imagine how it would've affected Sasuke. Though, she does have two of those buggers, whereas Sasuke only had the one. On that note, why did she say anything about the seal on her neck? And how did a random kumonin beat Lee? Rghh. Everything is so different! (But in a good way, mostly.)
kimchi759 chapter 17 . 2/14
Bloody hell. That escalated quickly.
Thoughts: "Duel you for her heart"? Really Lee? How medieval. She's not an object to be won.
Sh ehas magic now, so perhaps she'll be using runes as well as fuuinjutsu? And yas, teamwork ftw when taking down that first shinobi. Kinda unrelated, wonder what Kabuto has in those cards of his about Sakura...? Deepthroating comment smade me snicker. Oh no, because he said he wa soriginally only interested in Sasuke - Sakura got his attention, especially with "speaking in tongues". Her taunting him and calling him the weakest on the totem pole was super amusing. I loved how she took charge - loveloveloved. I think a part of me died when Hinata wasinjured like that and Kiba-...well, anyway, how is she going to prove her strength to her father and Neji now?
That all said, again BLOODY HELL. This is chapter was fantastic, but also horrible. Mrghhh. So glad I have the next chapter to read, but I'm already so close to reaching chapter 19, the last one out! :'0
kimchi759 chapter 16 . 2/14
Naruto has awesome people skills - it's helps in his therapy beatdowns with the unstable (e.g. Neji, Gaara). And hahaha, Kabuto did appear again. Surprised thebothe rrookies didn't congregate around Team Seven as in canon, but oh well. Enjoyed her examining Ibiki. When they entered the room I assumed she would sit down in the chair, and Izumo would torture until Sasuke or Naruto gave in, but I like what happened much, much better. It makes more sense, and helped develop Sasuke's relationship with the other two.
On a side note, hope Naruto and Sasuke being perceptive doesn't end up causing trouble along the lines of them believing she doesn't trust them.
As a closing note in response to your A/N about the ridiculousness that Kishimoto started coming out with: he...did not do the potential of his story justice. And he was also a troll.
kimchi759 chapter 15 . 2/14
Oh, so the ghosts are those who had a kekkei genkai. And yas, I'm so very happy you had Sakura slip-up and acknowledge Mikoto; something more needed to change for Sasuke not to succumb to his power-hungry side. Also feeling pity for all the ghosts as Sakura did - like she said, not like anyone else knows they're there, right? Typo: "Saryuri". Ino, surprisingly, made a lot of sense. Then again, it's not like her dad was a jōnin in T&I for nothing. And I had a huge 'ohhhhh' moment after the dog tag comment. I feel you, Sakura.
(What happened to Konohamaru's relationship to Naruto?)
Owen D chapter 16 . 2/14
I like that you redid the first exam.

In hindsight, if team seven had done the bell test and Kakashi had given them the whole "abandoning your teammate makes you worse than trash" talk, then this exam might have been easier for them. Like, they might've been able to see underneath the underneath and realized the objective of the exam.
Either way, I enjoyed the emotionally charged way you wrote it.
kimchi759 chapter 14 . 2/13
Thoughts: unsure what to think about Sayuri's reaction to Naruto. Error found: "leap of fate". Yay for an answer to my earlier question about bloodlines. Wonder how Naruto's furry little problem will be revealed without the Wave mission to help it along. Super wary of eavesdroppers, because Sakura didn't put up any security seals, if she even knows how to make them, or anything before telling Sasuke about her 'bloodline'. Danzō has his finger in every pie, after all. I thought the four noble clans are Hyūga, Uchiha, Akimichi, and Aburame...?
Lastly, oh my goodness, Lee and Gai appeared.
Oh, on a side note, I'm excited for her to have some time to train and study (fuuinjutsu, taijutsu, possibly ijutsu, etc). Also looking forward to meeting some more canon characters who will hopefully be interacting with Sakura.
kimchi759 chapter 13 . 2/13
I crumpled a little with the urge to hug Naruto when he was so darn surprised his teammates accepted his words about not being stupid. The ghost scene was just plain cool. I wonder if she'll be able to see all shinobi spirits? What about those of Rin, Minato, Kushina, and her own father? Hrmm. And I still would love to know what her thoughts are on the massacre itself, though I like her observations on how it's affected Sasuke too.
The entire section concerning ninja/shinobi and civilians and Naruto's reaction was very well done and interesting to read.
Typo: "trail" (instead of 'trial').
Questions: why did Kakashi have them get dog tags so early? Did Haku just disappear or follow Zabuza to T&I? Just how much has Sasuke realized about Sakura's method of killing Haku...?
kimchi759 chapter 12 . 2/13
Sasuke and Naruto being worried is very cute, and it relieves me to know that she isn't actually a fainting Damsel in Distress - she just seems like that because no one knows about her magic. Happy to have Genma introduced. A little cuurious thouh, why Sakura didn't even consider revealing her magic as a bloodline. Better that than to seem mysterious, and have people become suspicious and start digging too deep.
Little error seen: "don't the academy".
Sakura hen pecking Kakashi over his eye was extremely amusing, and him poking her made me burst into a fit of manic giggles.
Shizune?! So soon?! And why as she at a Konoha outpost? Where's Tsunade?
The biggest question of this chapter: that door. What exactly happened when she was six?
As for ghost!Haku...wut. I woonder if Shizune did detect any abnormalities and only mentioned them to Kakashi.
kimchi759 chapter 11 . 2/13
Little punctuation error: "slip up'."
Aha! I knew he was supicious from when they were all being introduced and Sakura took special notice of him. Chekhov's gun, you know? But...this was sad. It was realistic, as opposed to the sugary fanfics where the protagonist somehow saves every single person who died in canon, but...yeah. Sad. I loved how Sakura was still answering Sasuke coherently up until the second she blacked out, hahaha.
2,415 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »