Reviews for Effloresco Secundus
selene344 chapter 4 . 2/23/2016
Shikamaru is Shikamaru. *Thumbs up*
Looking forward to you revealing just how Sakura is responsible for her fathers death. (Or how she thinks she's responsible)

Thank you! Her hobby made me smile. :)
selene344 chapter 3 . 2/23/2016
Actual team building! Actual teaching!
I'm in Naruto fanfiction Heaven.

*Silently offers praise for your attention to the minute details that make a good story a great story.*
selene344 chapter 2 . 2/23/2016
Excellent!

Love that you skipped the bell test and are showing off the teams intelligence.
Dry, sardonic, sarcastic humours are my absolute favourite.
selene344 chapter 1 . 2/23/2016
Hmm, I like it, I'm going to keep reading it. :)
Bully argument was a beautiful thing to read. *burn*
Though I must ask, am I missing a a previous story? It really drops you into it.

Though that will probably be explained with further reading.

*Willingly falls down the rabbit hole*
42e3 chapter 28 . 2/22/2016
And now I've caught up. A gripping read and definitely a cut above the usual fare. Very well done.

I like how quickly Sakura became dependant on the curse: really shows the insidious nature of easily available addictive powers during wartime. Hopefully she'll be sensible enough to request some down-time to deal with all the internal issues she's having instead of continuing on like it's no big deal. It's not like the outcome of the war hinges on her personal contribution.
42e3 chapter 24 . 2/22/2016
Well, that certainly was intense. Looking forward to finding out how Hermione decides to deal with the pink malignancy.
42e3 chapter 23 . 2/22/2016
So Sakura's leftovers festered into a curse-powered mind cancer. And, naturally, Hermione will be feeling too guilty to go about clearing it out as seriously as she should. I expect her to spend so much time on pointless hand-wringing that the problem grows to catastrophic proportions. I hope I'm wrong, since reading a predictable story isn't that fun.
42e3 chapter 22 . 2/21/2016
What a childish reason for declining the opportunity to train with Jiraya. I'd though our heroine would prioritise Naruto becoming stronger over basking in shared self-righteous moral superiority for a couple of minutes, but I guess not.

In general, it doesn't feel like she learned anything from her run in with Orochimaru, nothing has changed in her behaviour, as far as I can see.
42e3 chapter 18 . 2/21/2016
At last she realises that playing friends with the children, while immediately gratifying, wasn't exactly the best long-term strategy. This was beginning to annoy me and it's gratifying to at least see it acknowledged and addressed in some fashion, even though I don't expect Hermione to successfully distance herself from her teammates.
42e3 chapter 17 . 2/21/2016
It's interesting to think what would have happened if they didn't try to get in Orochimaru's way and just surrendered to his demands. I realise that giving up in the face of overwhelming enemy would go completely against everyone's instincts, but perhaps continually pissing off the obviously superior opponent, who was definitely inclined to be merciful at the start, wasn't the best play to make.
Skimmingly chapter 28 . 2/20/2016
I first came across this fic ages ago, and recently read through it from the very beginning because I didn't really remember what was going on and I had a lot of time to procrastinate... I have to say wow I'm glad I did and you really are a talented writer. This portrayal of Team 7 and of Sakura/Hermione is so well done and thought out. The characters' actions and motivations make sense and Sakura/Hermione is so believable. Thanks for the hours of captivating fun- will wait patiently for your next update!
Zankaru Zelladonii chapter 28 . 2/13/2016
I just binged entire story these last few days, and wow, talk about hitting the update wall. Some fics I put update emails in my to-read folder and fics like these I have to drop everything and read it right away, looking forward to more!

When it comes to team 7 becoming a real team, who actually care about each other, this is one of the best I've seen so far. There are none of the usual 'sasuke gets power from kyuubi' cliches to keep them together, just friendship and battle bonds, and I really like that.

Kakashi's reluctance to report sakura was an angle I have not seen before and makes a ton of sense for his character. However I kinda expected him to push sakura more for details of her "bloodline" just for his personal knowledge. Having a genin with an unknown bloodline in combat could lead to them dying or other team members. Hell, they train a lot just to hit the same enemy with taijutsu without hurting each other, forget an unknown bloodline tossed in. Just a personal nitpick.

Good idea not showing them learning every little jutsu and maneuver, or having training montages where one whole chapter is about them training. It slows down the story.

I have no clue how you are going to handle sakura telling sasuke she can see and talk to mikoto. It's going to be a shitstorm and I can't wait.

So avada kedavra takes real hate, and sakura hates kabuto so much she nearly attacked lee for stealing an oto nin kill from her. Squeee!
tramtu101 chapter 28 . 2/12/2016
The story is really good so far, hope you continue to update soon.
de junco chapter 28 . 2/7/2016
Okay! I'm now completely up to date on the chapters.

I have to say that this is really interesting, what with how you've created such serious stakes immediately after the chuunin exams. It's really curious to see how the Konoha Twelve (or Ten, I guess, what with Hinata missing an arm and Kiba... -_-) react to being thrown into real war so early in their shinobi careers.

It's also intriguing how the curse mark and Sakura's magic interact and seem to both obstruct and amplify each other's effects. I'd be interested in seeing Jiraiya's reaction to her runes and try to understand how she's effectively 'created' a whole new form of sealing. Speaking of him, will Tsunade be entering the story any time soon? I wonder how Sakura would react to seeing her in the flesh. Maybe she'd express her disappointment in her irresponsibility, this time to her face...

And now both Naruto and Sasuke are aware that Sakura has a 'bloodline', and that she's lost an ovary! She's slowly working her way through the secrets she's kept to herself. Will they find out about what happened to her father? Will WE find out in any more depth and detail? We still don't know exactly why she blames herself for it after all.

I'm also curious about the real Sakura's mind, and whether or not she's making any efforts towards regaining her body. It's not very clear whether or not the strength of her sentience has degraded much after having spent so many years without interacting with the outside world, but she seems generally intact. I can't help but think that anyone with adequate self-awareness and determination would make efforts to wrest back control over their own body... Well, I suppose that is yet to be seen.

Finally, I'm also looking forward to any future situations where Kakashi and the other senior ninja try to understand and unravel why Sakura has so many reactions and instincts that don't befit someone of her age and experience. For that matter, however, why hasn't Sakura's mother noticed anything off? I realize that a portion of her more mature behaviour could be written off as grieving and growing up too fast as a result of witnessing her father's death, but some of what she does is a bit too bizarre and concerning for her to handwave like that, and you've portrayed her as a very down to earth and observant woman. For some reason, I almost believe that she's partially aware that this Sakura isn't the same person as she was for the first six years of her life, and she's grown to love her anyways, but I imagine she'd have some sort of resentment or hatred to whoever's taken over her daughter's body, at least she would have initially... Ah well, just a thought I had.

Also minor, but I wonder what drew Mizuki towards Sakura as an interesting student potentially worthy of observation by Orochimaru, because it seems like she was doing her best to keep her abilities and observational skills under wraps while in the Academy. Was that also caused by some of her unusually mature insights slipping out from behind her mask?

Anyways, overall, I'm really loving this story, and I am absolutely excited to see whatever comes next. Also, out of curiosity, how often do you usually update this? I checked your profile, which said that you don't have a computer available right now, so it's not like I'm saying this to bug you into updating faster. I'm just wondering.
de junco chapter 16 . 2/7/2016
So I usually only review things once I'm totally caught up with all the chapters, but I thought I should really review this chapter, b/c I just wanted to say that I REALLY enjoyed this remake of the first test.

In my opinion, the original manga's first test was complete bullshit. I understand that ninja have to be ready for those situations where you have to go blind into a dangerous/important fight without much foreknowledge, but information gathering is (in my opinion) a much more integral part of a ninja's duties, and to basically chuck away all of the knowledge and strategizing that was part of the original test, without even counting some of it for marks while making the final question weighted more heavily... I found that very idiotic.

I think this is a much better way to portray it, because 1) it IS pretty important to know whether or not the candidates will cross the line of torturing a comrade in a non life-threatening situation, and using torture as their go to method, and 2) it doesn't matter that their skills at torturing (non-existant they might be) don't make up the point of the test, because torture requires more exact knowledge on how to extract the proper information, and that's not something an unspecialized genin is expected to know.

So yeah, this is a long and sort of pointless review, but I just wanted to say that I thought this was a really great change to make, and it especially pleased me since I don't think I've seen a single other fanfic that decided to change this test, despite how much it bugs me.
3,405 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »