Reviews for The Sword in the Tree
Glory Bee chapter 6 . 10/1/2013
Dramatic and exciting chapter Linda! I should have guessed that Faramir would be the one to pull the sword from the tree, how wonderful for his worthiness to be displayed. :)
kathu chapter 6 . 9/28/2013
nag..nag..nag Oh, I do want to read more, please... *grin* Great writing, by the way. I really like your style. kathu
Deandra chapter 6 . 9/29/2013
Nice cleanup of this chapter, and an intriguing puzzle it is. Can't wait to see what the story is behind the sword.

One thing needs fixing:
... but if the King knew he had suffered as much as a scratch, he might allow the bond between might distract him from first tending the wounds - "he might allow the bond between might distract" - same idea expressed two different ways, likely you just forgot to delete the part you decided not to use. So, either: "as a scratch, he might allow the bond between THEM TO distract" OR "as a scratch, the bond between might distract"

- Deandra
JuliaAurelia chapter 6 . 9/29/2013
Excellent chapter, and so glad to see this updated! You know it's one of my favorites.

Very exciting, with Fara drawing the sword from the tree at the last moment! I agree, that rhyme is about him. Right now, I'm thinking the old man who left it was Gandalf.
acacia59601 chapter 6 . 9/28/2013
Interesting! I can't argue that Faramir is the very worthy recipient of the sword, but I really want to know what the prophesy was about and by whom was it written?
Darkover chapter 6 . 9/28/2013
Dear Linda: Well, this was a chapter with a lot of action! I'm glad that Faramir was able to get the sword and put it to good use. I like the rune-translation, and have no doubt that it refers to the second son of the late Steward, for not only does it describe his circumstances well, does his name not mean "sufficient jewel?" I am also curious about the question Eomer raised. I hope we receive an answer eventually. I look forward to the next chapter, thank you for writing and posting this one! Take care. Sincerely, Darkover
Wtiger5 chapter 6 . 9/28/2013
Ok I'm nagging because now Faramir is wounded too and he has a bad habit of underestimating his injuries. So when is Aragorn going to realize he's hurt and fuss at him for not saying something. And what is written on the sword that is catching Faramir's attention?
Helenllama chapter 5 . 8/20/2013
Why do I believe that Faramir potentially could relieve the tree of it's sword?

He is modest he doesn't seek glory, he is focused on protection and he is an amazing tactician and warrior and give the guerilla warfare nature of Ithilien it is going to be in a different way to Aragorn and Eomer. Add in his loyalty, and the emotional damage left from Web of Treason he would make a good candidate to remove the sword.
DeepRootsAerNotReached chapter 5 . 5/17/2013
•Gasps and hopes you intend to continue it. VERY soon•
Darkover chapter 5 . 4/30/2013
Dear Linda: This story gets more intriguing with each chapter! I wonder if a woman is meant to draw the sword forth, rather than a man. At any rate, I look forward to finding out. In the meantime, Lothiriel is having her baby, and our male heroes are fighting off wargs. Never a dull moment in this tale. You have written this chapter with your usual gift for both characterization and dialogue, and as I said, the plot is most intriguing, too. Thanks for writing and posting this chapter, and please post the next one ASAP! Sincerely, Darkover
Robbie chapter 5 . 4/27/2013
A new one, yeah!
I knew they would need more guards, it's always the same with those two... although with them trouble comes anyway.
I wonder how Aragorn knows this sword. I think it may have something to do with Elves?
acacia59601 chapter 5 . 4/26/2013
I'm kinda expecting Signi to be able to pull it out and rain down Hell on the wargs!
JuliaAurelia chapter 5 . 4/26/2013
Uh-oh! Wargs! Need to get that sword out of the tree, and pronto!

I think Fara should try. He was always very close to Gandalf, and it's almost certainly Gandalf's sword.
Eldariel chapter 4 . 3/14/2013
I love your stories. And I love every time you use a german quote for I am german. (that is also the reason for any grammar mistakes. I can understand very well, but I am not as good in writing). Is the old man Gandalf? I mean it must be a wizard, and there is only one wizard with a very swift horse. But why would he do something like that?

I guess it won't be Aragorn who gets the sword. He already has a really good sword. Eomer has a good sword too... but what is with Faramir? Is his sword ever mentioned in the book?

I have another question: Do you play to write something about the propitiation of Faramir and Imrahil? Or have you already written something like that and I just didn't saw it?
roseandfudge chapter 4 . 1/4/2013
The argument made me laugh so hard...
58 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »