Reviews for The Sword in the Tree
LordofRhovanion chapter 7 . 11/18/2013
Cool, I like the whole Gandalf leaving Glamdring, it seems something Tolkien's Gandalf would do.
Deandra chapter 7 . 11/16/2013
Yes, that works much better. You successfully fixed the rough spots. Now go save Faramir!

- Deandra
Glory Bee chapter 7 . 11/13/2013
Great to see a new chapter in this Linda. :) Sorry to see Faramir in danger though I have no doubt that Aragorn will be able to save his life. I especially loved the idea of Shadowfax running with the mares. :)
Darkover chapter 7 . 11/11/2013
Dear Linda: Another exciting chapter! Gandalf knew what he was doing, all right, although it looks as if Faramir will not be in shape to use that sword for some time. I enjoyed the part about Aragorn healing the little girl, and I very much enjoyed hearing her say that she wanted to be a shieldmaiden like the White Lady. He will need to heal his Steward as well. It is typical of the private and self-effacing Steward not to make much of his own wound, and to bear it in silence. I also liked how you wrote of Aragorn's feelings about the situation. He has already lost so many friends and loved ones, of course he will be worried about Faramir. Please post the next chapter soon. Thank you, and take care! Sincerely, Darkover
JuliaAurelia chapter 7 . 11/9/2013
Excellent chapter! They figured out that the sword was Glamdring, and conjectured as to how and why Gandalf put it in the tree.

Aragorn and Erlene were adorable.

I know you usually prefer to write stories where Aragorn, Faramir, Arwen, and Eowyn are the main characters (depending on the story,) but I like it when you throw Eomer into the mix. His attitude, for want of a better word (and I mean that in the best way,) just seems to add a little more flavor to the story.

Maybe it's because I always thought that if I could live in ME, I'd live in Rohan, though I'd make sure to visit MT and other places whenever I could :)
DeepRootsAerNotReached chapter 6 . 10/7/2013
Since I highly doubt Fanfictions skills in delivering my answer to Linda's review response, I will repost my nagging here!

"Well, since you asked for it - I have looked forward for the sword story to continue for quite a while now, and I am so excited for how things will turn out! I did have a suspicion Faramir, too, ought to have a go with that sword, and the rhyme by the door is a really intriguing puzzle. Will you please please please continue on with it, and soon?"

Please?
Pretty please?
With Chocolate sprinkles?
Frostless
icprncss2 chapter 6 . 10/5/2013
Nag...nag...and more nag...would someone slap Eomer. Why? Oh, I don't know. How about your sister is married to the Steward of Gondor. Who? Given the description alone, it doesn't take a genius to figure out who left the sword. Guess Gandalf decided to leave Glamdring to Faramir. Now if someone could just explain to him about gift boxes...just kidding...I really love the story.
Glory Bee chapter 6 . 10/1/2013
Dramatic and exciting chapter Linda! I should have guessed that Faramir would be the one to pull the sword from the tree, how wonderful for his worthiness to be displayed. :)
kathu chapter 6 . 9/28/2013
nag..nag..nag Oh, I do want to read more, please... *grin* Great writing, by the way. I really like your style. kathu
Deandra chapter 6 . 9/29/2013
Nice cleanup of this chapter, and an intriguing puzzle it is. Can't wait to see what the story is behind the sword.

One thing needs fixing:
... but if the King knew he had suffered as much as a scratch, he might allow the bond between might distract him from first tending the wounds - "he might allow the bond between might distract" - same idea expressed two different ways, likely you just forgot to delete the part you decided not to use. So, either: "as a scratch, he might allow the bond between THEM TO distract" OR "as a scratch, the bond between might distract"

- Deandra
JuliaAurelia chapter 6 . 9/29/2013
Excellent chapter, and so glad to see this updated! You know it's one of my favorites.

Very exciting, with Fara drawing the sword from the tree at the last moment! I agree, that rhyme is about him. Right now, I'm thinking the old man who left it was Gandalf.
acacia59601 chapter 6 . 9/28/2013
Interesting! I can't argue that Faramir is the very worthy recipient of the sword, but I really want to know what the prophesy was about and by whom was it written?
Darkover chapter 6 . 9/28/2013
Dear Linda: Well, this was a chapter with a lot of action! I'm glad that Faramir was able to get the sword and put it to good use. I like the rune-translation, and have no doubt that it refers to the second son of the late Steward, for not only does it describe his circumstances well, does his name not mean "sufficient jewel?" I am also curious about the question Eomer raised. I hope we receive an answer eventually. I look forward to the next chapter, thank you for writing and posting this one! Take care. Sincerely, Darkover
Wtiger5 chapter 6 . 9/28/2013
Ok I'm nagging because now Faramir is wounded too and he has a bad habit of underestimating his injuries. So when is Aragorn going to realize he's hurt and fuss at him for not saying something. And what is written on the sword that is catching Faramir's attention?
Helenllama chapter 5 . 8/20/2013
Why do I believe that Faramir potentially could relieve the tree of it's sword?

He is modest he doesn't seek glory, he is focused on protection and he is an amazing tactician and warrior and give the guerilla warfare nature of Ithilien it is going to be in a different way to Aragorn and Eomer. Add in his loyalty, and the emotional damage left from Web of Treason he would make a good candidate to remove the sword.
80 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »