Reviews for The Sword in the Tree
Darkover chapter 5 . 4/30/2013
Dear Linda: This story gets more intriguing with each chapter! I wonder if a woman is meant to draw the sword forth, rather than a man. At any rate, I look forward to finding out. In the meantime, Lothiriel is having her baby, and our male heroes are fighting off wargs. Never a dull moment in this tale. You have written this chapter with your usual gift for both characterization and dialogue, and as I said, the plot is most intriguing, too. Thanks for writing and posting this chapter, and please post the next one ASAP! Sincerely, Darkover
Robbie chapter 5 . 4/27/2013
A new one, yeah!
I knew they would need more guards, it's always the same with those two... although with them trouble comes anyway.
I wonder how Aragorn knows this sword. I think it may have something to do with Elves?
acacia59601 chapter 5 . 4/26/2013
I'm kinda expecting Signi to be able to pull it out and rain down Hell on the wargs!
JuliaAurelia chapter 5 . 4/26/2013
Uh-oh! Wargs! Need to get that sword out of the tree, and pronto!

I think Fara should try. He was always very close to Gandalf, and it's almost certainly Gandalf's sword.
Eldariel chapter 4 . 3/14/2013
I love your stories. And I love every time you use a german quote for I am german. (that is also the reason for any grammar mistakes. I can understand very well, but I am not as good in writing). Is the old man Gandalf? I mean it must be a wizard, and there is only one wizard with a very swift horse. But why would he do something like that?

I guess it won't be Aragorn who gets the sword. He already has a really good sword. Eomer has a good sword too... but what is with Faramir? Is his sword ever mentioned in the book?

I have another question: Do you play to write something about the propitiation of Faramir and Imrahil? Or have you already written something like that and I just didn't saw it?
roseandfudge chapter 4 . 1/4/2013
The argument made me laugh so hard...
Guest chapter 4 . 12/30/2012
Dear Linda: This is a most interesting chapter! I'm glad you offered your readers a translation of the quote from Wagner, though, as I for one don't know German. The sword in the tree is an intriguing development, and the chapter itself is very well written: excellent dialogue and fine characterization, as usual. I found much of the whole childbirth-related plot very funny, especially the part where the midwife refused to let the King of Rohan pass! He may be a king, but to her, he is just a man! As always, the repartee between Aragorn and Faramir is very enjoyable to read. Please give us all a Happy New Year by posting the next chapter soon. Sincerely, Darkover
Robbie chapter 4 . 12/30/2012
Yay, a new chapter! Very funny, I can imagine Eomer very well. The story of the sword is most intrigueing. I immediately thought of Gandalf as the old man, although why he should do that I can't imagine. But I am sure a certain father will be kept longer from his new son (?) by this matter than anyone thinks.
Waiting for the next chapter, Robbie :-)
Deandra chapter 4 . 12/30/2012
Poor Eomer! Might be better in your story if he and Lothiriel only have one child. I'm not sure he could survive another!

- Deandra
innail chapter 4 . 12/30/2012
woah... talk about mood whiplash... from confusing, to funny, to exciting, to funny...
Yes chapter 4 . 12/29/2012
Eomer saying that there couldn't be much difference between a woman and a mare giving birth made me laugh out loud! The poor man is so clueless...great chapter!
Saren-Dipety chapter 4 . 12/29/2012
YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAY! update soon! this is really good ! can't wait for more!
acacia59601 chapter 4 . 12/29/2012
Excellent chapter, I can't wait to see which of our men will be the one to pull the sword! But, maybe it isn't one of them at all? I can't wait to find out!
JuliaAurelia chapter 4 . 12/29/2012
Aw, the boys and Eomer are just so darned cute in this chapter, you want to pinch their cheeks and give them milk and cookies :)

I liked the beginning quotation, it was Odin, right, just like it was Gandalf in the hall.

I think only in Rohan would a woman in labour not be insulted at being compared to a mare foaling.

I look forward to the next chapter in the village. That sword is there for a reason, and Gandalf knew it when he put it there.

Among the many silly things in "The Hobbit" movie, was the elves at Rivendell examining the troll hoard and saying Glamdring had been made for the king of Gondor, not Gondolin!
Animekitty47 chapter 3 . 11/30/2012
The solution to the horse idea was cute. But that cliffie wasn't particularly nice of you. XP We got a title drop, but no explanation of what it means. Not nice at all. Which means it was the perfect place to end. XP
79 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »