Reviews for The Doublecross Incident
DeltaAgent chapter 23 . 4/17
Dat Pyro gender reveal, tho. Then again, who knows? They're hammered. Great story, anyways!
Opacus chapter 36 . 1/21/2013
That was amazing. I absolutely loved the story!
fiendofspacestationzero chapter 9 . 12/17/2012
The Soldier's dialogue is the most awesomely hilarious thing I've ever heard! :D
Wepul chapter 36 . 11/10/2012
Ending the journey with a cliffhanger, eh? Classic.

The fic had many twists and turns getting to the end. Awesome job writing chapters that made me smile, freak out, and enjoy the ride. Whatever comes next, good luck! :D
Lilac Papillon chapter 36 . 11/11/2012
Holy sun-on-a-stick Batman. I read this all in one go. It was absolutely fucking fantastic. This is the TF2 fic I have waited and craved for in the longest time. This was the TF2 fic I would have missed out on if Mann vs. Machine and Scream Fortress 2 did not happen and I got back into TF2. Every kind of reference was beautifully weaved into the story - Tentaspy, Poker Night at the Inventory, Merasmus, and I'm not sure if the "contending with the fence" comment from Spy was a Respawn of the Dead but if it was good job for making me laugh and nearly sob at the same time. There's some really heartwrenching, aching angstfics out there that could make me scream at my monitor. There's some cute fluff here and there that could give me cavities from how sweet they are. There's a lot of those that are really good. But this? This REALLY felt like a fic for TF2 - not taking itself too seriously, allowing for ridiculous and overblown humour, while balancing it out with the gravity of the plot's situation. The apt knowledge and in-game references are awesome too (KILL ASSISTS ARE NOT SAME AS KILLS slayed me) and also help the fic's integrity as a TF2 fic. If I could give Saxxies to fanfiction, I'd give it to this one.

Your Medics are absolutely lovely - they maintain that very curious mad doctor sense about them while being strict and straight whenever necessary, as well as incredibly entertaining. Those are my favourite Medics to read. Your Heavies are just as good; protective and tough but with those brains that help hold that brawn that not everyone sees. All my feels for BLU Medic and Heavy, all of them, and considering this story never focused on shipping that's saying a lot - something I will also commend you on since it's a very difficult thing for writers (myself included) to stay focused to the plot and not get distracted by relationships or shipping. The Snipers and Spies' rivalry and dialogue was fantastic (the piss jokes did not get old), and I breathed a sigh of relief as the chapters went on when I was certain the Spies wouldn't double-cross anybody. Stealing Sniper's camper van made me snicker. Chapter 21 had this great moment where Pauling asks the Snipers to plot out locations of where they'd defend a base for the plan. RED Spy's lament over his Tentaspy incident was great. While the Scouts and Soldiers had more of a one-sided minor role, RED Scout had a great moment with his insight in Chapter 8, and the Soldiers' all-caps dialogue was FLAWLESS. I really like how you wrote the Demomen as well; I quite like to see their sober, intelligent sides that is often glossed over (because if a drunk told me "one crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate", I don't care if he's absolutely smashed, that sounds like a major in chemistry/blowing up the chemistry ward back in their younger days to me). Watching the Engies' and their interactions with the Medics as the second bunch of scientists was incredibly cool too, as well as them translating the Pyros' mumble-jumble (and I love how subtle you made the gender reveal for them, as well as their dialogue. The "hardly" bit that followed the "mostly" thought of Medic, without a translation, was gold.)

Pauling being an all-class badass threw me off at first because while I am all up for Badass!Pauling, it seemingly came out of nowhere and I was worried it would have been jarringly OOC just so she could fit in with everybody's maniacal bloodthirst - however as the story progressed I realized YES, I am all up for Pauling being an all-class badass (oh my God I lost it at SHIELD secretagentPauling!headcanon accepted). She's been fleshed out and given more depth too, especially with her sister coming into play as well as the clone. I'm not sure if she ended up with anybody, but if not, all of the kudos. To tie in with the shipping thing from earlier, it's often very tempting to do that, and I like how Pauling remained independent and strong despite her human flaws. I did quite like her chemistry with the Spy(ies?) though. The OC's are also pretty great - the Head(s) was a great villain and remained a great villain after Act II, and I was wondering if he'd suffer Season 2 Bad Guy Demotion for a Bigger Bad but was pleasantly surprised when he stayed relevant. The running name pun of why he is "the Head" makes me smirk. That colonel was pretty awesome too (magical healing guns pfft). Nothing needs to be said about the Administrator and Saxton Hale's appearances: they, like Soldiers' dialogue, are also flawless. One thing I'm not too sure about is that person in Epilogue 2. Now, when I first read about the Head, I absolutely thought at first he might have been that long lost heir to Mann Co. that has been introduced as of late since Spy dialogue and mannerisms were something both the Head and the Third Mann share. When the Head turned out not to be that person, I was okay with it - and that's when I read Epilogue #2 and all I could hear were beeps and boops and Sentry Busters over "glowing thing on his shoulders", which means I'm probably wrong. Is it the original Head? Is it someone new? I don't know, but all of it was thoroughly entertaining nonetheless. Good work!
NotAHoax chapter 35 . 11/10/2012
I meant thirty-six.
It's late. Don't judge me.
NotAHoax chapter 36 . 11/10/2012
Thirty-FIVE amazing chapters. Awesome.
Wepul chapter 35 . 11/6/2012
Yea, the power of friendship! :D

I loved this story so much, and it's a little sad to see it end. Epilogue 1 had great characterization. Keep on, this has been a fantastic read.
Renascence-A chapter 35 . 11/6/2012
I would not like any of the things that the Engineers have built pointed at me, even if it was just a computer screen or something. It could have been an EVIL computer screen!
NotAHoax chapter 34 . 11/4/2012
Mein Gott! 34 amazing chapters and only 30 reviews?!
...I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Renascence-A chapter 34 . 11/4/2012
Wepul chapter 33 . 11/1/2012
NUUUUUUUU, they're going to die! (like the billion other times in this fic :P)

I really want to see what happens. Keep going!
LilyRosetheDreamer chapter 33 . 11/2/2012
Oh no no no! Not my boys! Don't let them die on me! D:
Renascence-A chapter 33 . 11/2/2012
Wollhandkrabbe chapter 32 . 11/1/2012
Just a note: There is no "bicep". If we're talking about the flexor muscle at the front of the upper arm, the singular form is "biceps". It's derived from Latin, meaning "two-headed". The English plural (if you ever had to talk about several of them for some reason, like during a mass inoculation) would be "bicepses".

Please do not fall prey to the common American mistake of deleting the ending-s from Latin words in the misguided belief that every word that ends on an "s" must be a plural! No. For example, the species name "Homo sapiens" (Latin for "wise man") *is* the singular. No term "Homo sapien" exist, it would be incorrect Latin; "sapiens" is an adjective, of male gender, singular case. There is no plural of a species name. I've seen this error so many times, even in the movie Hellboy. As a biologist, it really makes my hackles rise.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »