Reviews for Walking with a Ghost
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 41 . 7/5/2015
Intriguing bit of work you have here.
I rather liked the Hal/Alex relationship in the show- even if I understand why it wasn’t taken further at the time, given Hal’s guilt over his self-perceived responsibility for Alex’s death and Alex adjusting to her new status- so your decision to take it further immediately caught my interest, even if you took care to draw it out in the process; for the reasons previously stated, they obviously WOULDN’T want to get together too soon even if Hal in particular was mentally capable of it.
Your additional exploration of how Alex’s family reacted to her disappearance was another superb development; even if the Men in Grey dealt with her body, it would have been more interesting to see how the Millars reacted more directly to the news of her death (Much like that episode where Annie got to say goodbye to her mother). On the topic of additional detail, nice touch with your exploration of the challenges Tom faced maintaining a job and residency at Honolou Heights in the absence of the original owners (for such a detailed series most of the time, it’s surprising that issue was never really addressed in the last couple of seasons).
The idea of Hal and Alex having a bond due to the circumstances under which he drank her blood was slightly questionable at first, but make a certain sense. I like to consider that his emotional ‘investment’ in her also helped in that regard, but even with that question-mark, you come up with some very intriguing developments for them both, ranging from Alex’s ability to affect Hal in more ways than just ‘rent-a-ghost’ing him to Hal’s ability to make actual physical contact with Alex.
In the end, the only flaw with this story is the comparatively abrupt end after so much happened at the conclusion, and considering that there’s a sequel, I feel confident that there’s going to be a lot more happening as Hal and Alex explore their new dynamic amid the chaos of this ever-changing supernatural world…
EmpathyW10 chapter 50 . 10/9/2013
Just read this all in one afternoon. Fantastic! The story was very engrossing (obviously), and clearly well thought out. The mechanics, as it were, of Hal's blood lust are obviously complex, but ill-defined and so ripe for interpretation, and I loved the insight you brought to that element of his story. I also love the whole idea of Alex and Hal having a connection through blood. It's romantic, but not contrived-completely believable. I've been struggling with that problem, of how to make them "real" to each other, in something I've been working on, without simply declaring it so, and I think this is just brilliant. You've also captured their voices so very well, and I could see the action in my mind's eye throughout. I am a bit in awe right now. Thank you so much for sharing!
Scifygeek chapter 49 . 10/3/2013
Amazing! Have not been able to put this down.
Scifygeek chapter 47 . 10/2/2013
Brilliant couple of chapters! Will have to google the word you called Alex :0)
Scifygeek chapter 37 . 10/2/2013
Wow! Sexy as
Scifygeek chapter 36 . 10/2/2013
Oh! Such a lovely warm touchy feely chapter, nice feels :0)
Scifygeek chapter 29 . 9/29/2013
Oh! So sweet it breaks my heart! Beautifully written
Scifygeek chapter 16 . 9/29/2013
Poor Hal, I just want to hold him when he's sad like that. Am loving all your chapters x
I read not write chapter 5 . 9/17/2013
I'm finding the super short chapters a little harder to get into now, the first one was great but i just want a little more pace and development throughout each chapter.
I read not write chapter 3 . 9/17/2013
I've got a feeling that perhaps the PI isn't who we think he is, that Alex's family didn't hire him, he's just using that as an excuse to get information on the whereabouts of Hal or try and uncover Hal and Tom.
I read not write chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Quite possibly the most dramatic opening paragraph I've ever read.

To build so much suspense in such a short piece is a real talent, great job, you have me well and truly captivated.
Jacob chapter 2 . 7/10/2013
Your writing technique is simply amazing, and I love it so far. You're a VERY good writer, keep doing what you're doing.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Jonesyka chapter 50 . 4/16/2013
This whole story has been amazing, thoroughly enjoyed every single word :D Thank you x
Kate chapter 50 . 4/14/2013
Wow, Saemay thank you I have really loved this, well written and a great story :)