Reviews for Strange Connections
please, please come back
this is a wonderful story and it crafted beautifully
so I beg of you to update it
aliissaa14 chapter 18 . 5/28
no way. you can't abandon this story at such a cliffhanger. this story is so well written and you've stopped and that is really sad. i really hope you continue this story at one point.
Razy Riddle chapter 18 . 5/19
Another
astralien chapter 18 . 4/5
you dare to leave us readers on the cliff hanger?! That's terrible of you! Please update I beg you!
PrincessMau chapter 18 . 3/12
Oh oh oh my oh my. What happened. What happened. I can't wait for the next one!
Hope chapter 18 . 2/19
love the story hope you update
btlmotormouth chapter 18 . 2/10
I love what I have read of this but wish there was more...
Sassy Lord chapter 18 . 1/21
Please update /
animemangaobsessed chapter 8 . 12/15/2016
my god this chapter was funny as shit
DeiStarr chapter 1 . 11/30/2016
I still love this story, and I'm still desperate for you to continue it.

I do hope, however, that you won't have elves sleeping around in this. Promiscuity is a HUGE taboo in elven culture; sex outside of marriage *at all* is a huge taboo in their culture, and they don't even believe in remarriage after the death of a spouse. Elves would never engage in sex solely for physical pleasure - they literally CAN'T. Due to the nature of elves - because of the very essence of what they are - it is as much a spiritual act as a physical one; a joining of souls along with the joining of bodies - a union from which souls cannot be as easily disentangled as bodies.

For elves, sex is an act of such intimacy, it literally forges a lifelong bond between the souls of the participants. In fact, while they would usually hold a ceremony and a feast for the occasion, elves only became bonded - married - when they engaged in sexual intercourse. Ceremony or no; for an elf, having sex results in a marriage bond - one far more permanent and unbreakable than any human marriage. Therefore, any courtships an elf engages in never go any further than kissing unless they want to end up getting married - because the first time they have sex, that's what will happen. Elves only ever marry for love - not politics, status, money, or any other reason.

So it always bugs me when I'm reading an LotR fanfic - crossover or not - and the writer references an elf's "experience" or "past lovers". I end up glaring at the screen and going, "You weren't very thorough in researching elvish culture, were you?" Even though I know that some writers might be deliberately changing the elvish cultural norms for whatever reason, it still bothers me - I find Tolkien's explanation of elvish romance, courtship, and marriage to be terribly romantic. It really bugs me that since it would be all but impossible for *humans* to last hundreds or thousands of years without sex, many authors decide the same must be true of elves - nevermind that they are an entirely different *species*; one whose very biological and spiritual makeup necessitates abstinence unless and until they choose to marry.

Sorry... just had to put that out there before the story advanced far enough for it to be relevant.
DeiStarr chapter 18 . 10/6/2016
Will you be continuing this? It's such a wonderful fic.
zamik chapter 18 . 9/13/2016
It's almost year, isn't it? How I wish you post another chapter soon. Please.
Monciak chapter 18 . 8/8/2016
sooooo mean to stop this chapter in such a moment;) I hope that you did not abandon this story and that you will update soon:)
CraftyWizard86 chapter 18 . 8/2/2016