Reviews for Strange Connections
PrincessMau chapter 18 . 3/12
Oh oh oh my oh my. What happened. What happened. I can't wait for the next one!
Hope chapter 18 . 2/19
love the story hope you update
btlmotormouth chapter 18 . 2/10
I love what I have read of this but wish there was more...
Sassy Lord chapter 18 . 1/21
Please update /
animemangaobsessed chapter 8 . 12/15/2016
my god this chapter was funny as shit
DeiStarr chapter 1 . 11/30/2016
I still love this story, and I'm still desperate for you to continue it.

I do hope, however, that you won't have elves sleeping around in this. Promiscuity is a HUGE taboo in elven culture; sex outside of marriage *at all* is a huge taboo in their culture, and they don't even believe in remarriage after the death of a spouse. Elves would never engage in sex solely for physical pleasure - they literally CAN'T. Due to the nature of elves - because of the very essence of what they are - it is as much a spiritual act as a physical one; a joining of souls along with the joining of bodies - a union from which souls cannot be as easily disentangled as bodies.

For elves, sex is an act of such intimacy, it literally forges a lifelong bond between the souls of the participants. In fact, while they would usually hold a ceremony and a feast for the occasion, elves only became bonded - married - when they engaged in sexual intercourse. Ceremony or no; for an elf, having sex results in a marriage bond - one far more permanent and unbreakable than any human marriage. Therefore, any courtships an elf engages in never go any further than kissing unless they want to end up getting married - because the first time they have sex, that's what will happen. Elves only ever marry for love - not politics, status, money, or any other reason.

So it always bugs me when I'm reading an LotR fanfic - crossover or not - and the writer references an elf's "experience" or "past lovers". I end up glaring at the screen and going, "You weren't very thorough in researching elvish culture, were you?" Even though I know that some writers might be deliberately changing the elvish cultural norms for whatever reason, it still bothers me - I find Tolkien's explanation of elvish romance, courtship, and marriage to be terribly romantic. It really bugs me that since it would be all but impossible for *humans* to last hundreds or thousands of years without sex, many authors decide the same must be true of elves - nevermind that they are an entirely different *species*; one whose very biological and spiritual makeup necessitates abstinence unless and until they choose to marry.

Sorry... just had to put that out there before the story advanced far enough for it to be relevant.
DeiStarr chapter 18 . 10/6/2016
Will you be continuing this? It's such a wonderful fic.
zamik chapter 18 . 9/13/2016
It's almost year, isn't it? How I wish you post another chapter soon. Please.
Monciak chapter 18 . 8/8/2016
sooooo mean to stop this chapter in such a moment;) I hope that you did not abandon this story and that you will update soon:)
CraftyWizard86 chapter 18 . 8/2/2016
More more more!
Lilia0 chapter 18 . 7/12/2016
I adore this story, and hope to see it updated soon. I have this odd image of the wraiths literally wanting Harry as their lover, and it intrigues me.

Lilia.
uwishuwerecool chapter 18 . 6/28/2016
more?
theHidden1 chapter 18 . 6/22/2016
I like this story. Its a fun read. Im interested in why he has a connection to the ringwraiths. I hope we get to see more of this soon. :)
Arwenien chapter 18 . 5/19/2016
This story is MUCH better than previous HP/LOTR. I think I lot of have changed since then in your style of writting and perception. If I didn't know for sure, I would think these two stories belong to two different authors :) While I don't like "Fighting another war", because it was boring in my opinion and some ideas were... um, strange, I love almost everything in "Strange Connections". It's very mature story. I especially love the fact that Harry was raised by Bilbo, because it's the most natural and best decision in that situation. A lot of authors forget that no responsible adult will bring a child on a dangerous journey. In your story Harry came to Middle Earth a bit earlier, before the fellowship was created. He could grow up before the main plot started. I also love Harry's and Legolas' interactions. It's also very mature. Thet didn't like each other at the beginning, but it was natural after the disaster with speaking to William (btw. I LOVE William, he is so funny :D). In previous fic it was forced. Harry didn't like Legolas without sensible reason. It's great that this time their opinion graduallu and naturally change.

I'm only sure I like Harry's connection with Nazguls. It was interesting that Harry could speak with them, because of being paselmouth, but other than that I don't understand how it's even possible he has link with them like he had with Voldemort. It's far fetched for me. And you didn't explain how Harry ended up in Middle Earth. Some, even vague, explanation would be nice.

I can't wait for an update!
MonaTheGreat chapter 3 . 5/9/2016
OOOh, what an interesting addition. I like the way this story is shaping out.