Reviews for Visual Boy
bluedancingkittykat chapter 14 . 12/23/2013
I think I just died. D; /3
Don'tClimbOnThat chapter 14 . 1/21/2013
Oh my god, this was...this was just really great. Really sweet, really powerful, sometimes funny, but always interesting. Your narrative was intriguing and kind of different. Usually when narrators address the reader constantly, i find it irritating, but you managed to do it right. All of your characters were so unique and so human. I loved that they all had their quirks. The end was sad, and i really wasn't expecting that, but sometimes life is unexpectedly sad. Well done.
Sora Tayuya chapter 14 . 11/30/2012
Indeed.
Sora Tayuya chapter 11 . 11/30/2012
Riku comes back into the story? Great.
Vanitas is a boss? Excellent.
The entire scene with Xigbar? Priceless.
Sora Tayuya chapter 10 . 11/30/2012
Awww. Poor Vanitas. So close.
Sora Tayuya chapter 9 . 11/30/2012
Yes, indeed, Vanitas is wonderful. And Kairi the first generation hacker isn't so bad herself.
Sora Tayuya chapter 7 . 11/29/2012
While quite good (Vanitas being my favorite) I must admit that had you spaced the posting of the chapters, you would have received many more reviews than posting all at once as you seem to have done.

This is too well written, real life crudities aside, for it to have less than 150 reviews. I am adamant on this point.

And I shall enjoy hearing what happened in England,
Torse chapter 14 . 11/19/2012
This was... Beautiful. And honest. I cant think of a vetter way to describe it, but honest is something thats hard to find these days.
I dont know why i hadnt found this story sooner, but i can only thank the gods that i did. Im honored that you took such important life events and shared them with the world.

I apologize that im not very eloquent with words, i feel like i should have said something more.
Thank you for writing this.
Tranquillity's Chaos chapter 14 . 11/11/2012
Why does this make me so sad? T.T
Jelw7 chapter 14 . 11/10/2012
Let this be known that this is my review for the entire fic, as I couldn't bring myself to stop reading it once I started.
After approximately 100 words I was smiling widely, and after about 200 words I was already messaging my friends telling them that I'd found an amazing fic. After 1 chapter I favorited it, and through 14 chapters I experienced a range of emotions, appreciated characters I'd never cared for too much, appreciated pairings I'd never thought of, and admittedly cried a little. Wow, this fic was amazing.
One of the first things that struck me is that this place took Place in Portland, Oregon, somewhere I have visited on many occasions as I live only several hours away. Maybe this is just a personal thing, having lived near there for most of my life, but this is a personal review anyway and the fact of being able to imagine the places mentioned and relate to all the little things helped so much. Anytime I heard the mentioning of Powells I couldn't help but to smile, there is one where I live and it's nice to read about something so incredibly easy to relate to.
Your voice in telling the story was so unique- and your metaphor for life was intriguing and a very nice touch to the story. The way you entwined each little puzzle piece together was beautiful, and you supplied all the little bits of information while keeping them tucked away until they came to importance later on. You didn't necessarily foreshadow, but you did. I guess it just wasn't blatantly obvious, it's best to say.
I really enjoyed all of the little things in this, that's probably one of the greatest things that got me. The fact that it was the sign language that sort of got them together. There are so many stories where it seems like the only way to get character A to character B is to throw something catastrophic in there to make it happen. This was different. Playing cards, discussing whether or not Gatorade does make your sweat change colors, sitting on the hilltop, there were so many little things that really tied it all together in a way that just gave the piece so much charm to it.
And the characters. Wow I don't know what I can say here, it was just god damn. Each character was just fleshed out so well. They were just... there was so much charm to them. I keep bringing that up but charm is what really comes to mind I guess. I loved your interpretations on them.
This isn't nearly what I have to say on it but damn, I didn't think I'd be getting into a story I would love this much when I started. I'm really glad I decided to read this one. Keep writing.
Punk Rocker Arashi chapter 14 . 10/25/2012
Beautiful.

Envy.
Twisted Ink Incorporated chapter 13 . 10/6/2012
:'I ...beautiful. Just... just absolutely beautiful. No other way to describe it. Horrible and shocking, but so, so beautiful.
Twisted Ink Incorporated chapter 12 . 10/6/2012
Oh my god. I think my heart stopped. And now I'm crying like an idiot. D':
Whhhhhhhy Zexion, whhhhhhhy?!
Twisted Ink Incorporated chapter 11 . 10/6/2012
Aaaaaaaw, such a sweet ending. :) I'm so glad that Lexaeus chose love over society. I was afraid that they were going to just fade out because of his fear of becoming a pariah.
Twisted Ink Incorporated chapter 10 . 9/19/2012
Whooooooa. O.O Did NOT see that one coming. Amazing, though! Poor Vanitas. Such a complicated life. xD But the best heroes are covered in scars, right?