Reviews for Epitaph of Blades
seiht chapter 11 . 10/5/2017
That's an interesting spot to stop a story at. Hmm, are you stuck? It does seem like a tricky spot, here. It's like... you need Skeith because he has to drain AIDA and grow stronger and by extension, Haseo. But at the same time, you really, reeeally don't need them hacking through floors.

Just like you really couldn't have Atoli clearing the game, lol. I can buy and logic out her lose, though. It makes sense. I get the impression that on neutral ground, Atoli would have won, hands down, no questions asked. In The World, Atoli could have sneezed on dear cunning Heathcliff and he would be gone. But, this isn't The World, and neither is this neutral ground.

Here, Heathcliff is the admin. Even more, he's the maker, the mind, the lord of his land. Here, Atoli and Innis are fighting in an entirely foreign system. Even with this enormous disadvantage, they make for extremely dangerous interlopers. :)

And the AIDA side here is downright fascinating. Exposing something that haunts Kirito, using that weakness to take apart his mind... Not only that, but the viral AI assimilates memories so that it genuinely believes that it -is- a dead player.

That's fun. That's really, really fun. x)

But back to the Skeith problem. You've set up some interesting parameters here, what with using emotional data collection to utterly overwhelm him. And then AIDA's growing off of that very same data. Huh. It seems like you need Skeith to have enough fortitude to fight back but not enough to rip up the playground. The nature of the data is something of a double-edged sword though; if consolidated fear of death can overwhelm him so thoroughly... There's some wiggle room.

I'm curious, too. I mean, you've mostly written him as a monster, and for the most part his canon portrayal is downright monstrous, so that rolls along fine. But that's not all there is, and... well. I do like Yui stabilizing him and Haseo. Little AI gets to do her real job~ :3

Anyways, since this's been collecting dust for... five years? Maybe you've moved on. I bet you've improved some since then ;) It's been an enjoyable read nonetheless. All the blessings and all the best for wherever you are these days!

Kudos :)
Guest chapter 10 . 8/25/2017
Ooooh, it's AIDA. In all it's creepy mind twisting glory x) Looks like fun. :D

BTW, noticed a typo in either this chapter or the last. I think it was "along" when it meant "alone".
Guest chapter 8 . 8/25/2017
At Home made me smile :) Silabus is such a sweet boy, and I've really enjoyed reading his own road for adapting. I'd say you hit the nail on the head with him: the soft-hearted casual player feeling inadequate next to Alkaid and Haseo. And here he finds what he does best, and it's different from the hardcore clearers but every bit as important. If not more so. It's hope.

The comparison between Klein and Kuhn, too. Hah!

Loved the forging quest from a few chapters back, too :)

And Skeith! I've been wondering about him! :D If Mia got to be such an amazing character it just seems so wrong for the playable Epitaph to get so little... Looking forward to what you do with him :3

And little Yui, too for that matter~ :o
Esmereilda chapter 6 . 10/26/2015
leave it a genius hacker to pull that off zelkova must be the r:2 ver of helba
Esmereilda chapter 5 . 10/24/2015
but where is silabus since he seems to have vanished into then are shortly after they got to the SAO-verse
Esmereilda chapter 4 . 10/23/2015
um what happened to the 3rd guy from .hack?
Esmereilda chapter 3 . 10/22/2015
makes since it is called the terror of death after all
Esmereilda chapter 2 . 10/22/2015
but haseo still has hacker guys stuff and I doubt kayaba can get rid of stuff like avatars and data drain
Esmereilda chapter 1 . 10/22/2015
this is going to be interesting
Fier66 chapter 11 . 11/23/2014
If you're seeing this. I just want to say...

WHY AREN'T YOU UPDATING THIS?!

No seriously, this is freakin' great. I love .hack/G.U. and love all the characters in it. Mix it with SAO? We;ll get an awesome fanfic with a vast amount of potential.

Honestly, I ship Haseo with both Atoli and Alkaid. Heck I think it's my all time favorite OT3. And probably the only one too. They're just...so awesome and adorable together. Both Alkaid and Atoli wedding with Haseo in G.U. is cute kawaii adorable asdfghjkl. Though the story is leaning on Alkaid, which I don't mind at all because like I said, I ship them hard. Or easier to say, I ship HaseoAlkaid, HaseoAtoli, AlkaidAtoli hard. Nyahaha.

For the chapter, I hope Haseo will wake up. The badass incarnate must show those AIDAs the power of the guy who defeated Cubia. Heh, Azure Kite in this too. A tag team with Haseo and Azure Kite would be epic. And if you add Kirito, it would be godly. (Haseo would still beat them 1 on 1 though, obviously) For Haseo's weapon, will he get his infamous scythe 'Ticking Death'?

This fic has been great so far! It will be a shame... if you were to...abandon it. (Please don't)

So yeah, this story is freakin' amazing. You must update it.

Please.
AXL999 chapter 11 . 10/17/2014
Please continue this story!
The 17th Immortal chapter 3 . 4/15/2014
Hmm... I would point out that the bit about the 8 Phases being designed to collect "emotional response data" is actually considered non-canonical – the data/Easter Eggs released on the Liminality DVDs was done so unofficially and by Bandai USA, not by the Japanese designers. Officially, the only reason Morganna created the Phases at all, was to use them to prevent Aura's "birth", nothing more.

That said, however, it's not impossible that they COULD possess such a function, either – one thing that is canon, is that the reason Harald Hoerwick designed Fragment (the basis of The World and Morganna) as an MMORPG was to gather data on human interaction as a whole, and then use that data as a critical part of creating Aura. (Morganna, in her growing madness, could have just repurposed parts of that programming to serve as the eight Phases.)

Still, as a plot point for this fic, it makes more sense than most other ideas I can think of. And more to the point, it fulfills its intended purpose flawlessly: preventing Haseo from becoming a Boring Invincible Hero, by using and abusing Skeith's power.

And you're right: that IS the most adorable restraining bolt I have ever seen. Go, Yui!
Det-Kaguya chapter 11 . 4/10/2014
Your story is really well thought out and written. I hope you continue it at some point.
Bobywhy chapter 3 . 4/3/2014
Why isn't Haseo in his Xth form I think it's called. The one in white with dual guns.
ZERO chapter 8 . 3/1/2014