Reviews for Epitaph of Blades
The 17th Immortal chapter 3 . 4/15
Hmm... I would point out that the bit about the 8 Phases being designed to collect "emotional response data" is actually considered non-canonical – the data/Easter Eggs released on the Liminality DVDs was done so unofficially and by Bandai USA, not by the Japanese designers. Officially, the only reason Morganna created the Phases at all, was to use them to prevent Aura's "birth", nothing more.

That said, however, it's not impossible that they COULD possess such a function, either – one thing that is canon, is that the reason Harald Hoerwick designed Fragment (the basis of The World and Morganna) as an MMORPG was to gather data on human interaction as a whole, and then use that data as a critical part of creating Aura. (Morganna, in her growing madness, could have just repurposed parts of that programming to serve as the eight Phases.)

Still, as a plot point for this fic, it makes more sense than most other ideas I can think of. And more to the point, it fulfills its intended purpose flawlessly: preventing Haseo from becoming a Boring Invincible Hero, by using and abusing Skeith's power.

And you're right: that IS the most adorable restraining bolt I have ever seen. Go, Yui!
Det-Kaguya chapter 11 . 4/10
Your story is really well thought out and written. I hope you continue it at some point.
Bobywhy chapter 3 . 4/3
Why isn't Haseo in his Xth form I think it's called. The one in white with dual guns.
ZERO chapter 8 . 3/1
Still no chapter 12 yet?
When will this be updated. Its really good.
Maxxus Herald chapter 11 . 12/22/2013
It's been over a year since this story updated. A real shame... There simply aren't enough good .hack/ stories out there. As for .hack/ crossovers, I do believe this is the only good one I've ever found. I hope you pick up writing Epitaph of Blades again sometime in the near future.

... That is all.

-Maxxus Herald
tphod chapter 5 . 12/9/2013
It is a small think that I could help but note. The highest level I have seen in SAO is 96 (kirito, floor 100th before the final boss), it might be best if you reduced the levels a bit unless you want to use .hack levels witch is fine except haseo whose level is ready for the final boss from the get go.
1LoneShadow chapter 11 . 11/7/2013
I can't believe it wasn't updated for almost a year, this story's great.
Mr. Omelette chapter 7 . 8/9/2013
I really like the focus you have on Silabus here, I actually use him with Atoli usually in the games, so this was really enjoyable to read :D
Mr. Omelette chapter 2 . 8/9/2013
That battle of Atoli was so 3 It was so awesome!
JudgmentOfTheDream chapter 11 . 4/29/2013
PleasepleasePLEASE tell me you'll continue this fanfic! I love it, you've got all the characters right and I especially love your characterization of Silabus. It's like you took my headcanon and put it in here and I love you for it.

Also, one of the many reasons I hope this fic will be continued is, KIRITO! AIDA IS BAD! BAAAD!
... *ahem* Sorry about that. But seriously, I want to know how he gets freed. The only one who can Data Drain Sachi at the moment would be Azure Kite-unless Yui gets overwhelmed and Skeith goes rampage again. Because I don't think Haseo's going to wake up anytime soon.

Also, on a side note, why am I not surprised that Zelkova was able to bypass Cardinal and write Haseo and friends mails anyway? ...Probably because he's Helba-at least in my headcanon-and Helba can do stuff like this. Because Helba.

Sooo... yeah. Sorry I didn't review on earlier chapters, but I couldn't stop reading long enough to form a proper one. So here it is. Again, I really like this story and I hope that you haven't abandoned it yet.
trecaliente chapter 7 . 4/28/2013
YES. Absolute automatic win for the subtle Leeroy Jenkins reference. I wasn't going to comment until the very end of the chapters, but that made me scroll down and write this. So far, one of the best crossovers I've ever read. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Azure Euphoria chapter 11 . 4/3/2013
I don't think words can describe how much of a fan I've become of your story. It's been a long time since I've felt such excitement from reading a story. I thought that I had simply become indifferent to the many plain crossovers here and there, but you have exceeded my expectations in so many ways. I hope you don't mind a long review.
While maybe I may be a bit biased as I am a lover of both crossovers and of .hack, I have to say I love how seamless your transitions are between character perspectives. Normally, I felt that many fanfictions fail in the use of a first person perspective due to the usual staleness of hearing a single character's every thought upon every encounter. Not to mention the fact that it is very easy to slip into an out of character persona. But the fact that you switch first person perspectives (and well done I must say) really felt quite fresh. And you've captured the characters in a way that makes me nostalgic of both the games and the anime. Your style of writing is definitely my cup of tea! I don't think I can compare. Ha ha!
I have to say I find your premise quite unique. It isn't everyday that you see a crossover fanfiction take as many liberties as you have in changing around a story's canon. It takes a bit of courage to deviate from canon, as its so common to see crossovers simply rewrite the script of an episode or scene with nothing more but the newly introduced character's simple input added in. But you've written a whole new scenario altogether that in my mind can easily replace "canon" and has transformed into a real "what if" scenario that I can consider happening. You've captured the universe and canon well, as I can tell you've put a lot of effort into adding all those small details in your author's notes.
Hm, since I'm writing a review based on up to this point of the story, it's hard to say what my favorite scene is. I loved Haseo's introduction as an uncontrollable "Terror of Death", which sets up perfectly so that Haseo isn't godmoding his way through everything while also giving him the sort of reputation to put him on even grounds with Kirito. It's nice to see how it is hard to judge who is the "superior" one, if you know what I mean. It's nice ambiguity that I appreciate.
I loved the interactions between characters, such as Kirito, Liz, Yui, and Haseo's little side quest in the Forge of the Lame God arc. A little bit of fun poking all around.
My goodness, at this rate, I'll be talking about how every arc is great!
While I know that you are currently active with another fanfiction, I hope to be able to see an update for this one in the near future! Until then, I'll be waiting! :)
-AE
Reishin Amara chapter 11 . 3/8/2013
epic story...but...im actually hoping this strain of AIDA survives...maybe Yui could help it become enotionally balanced?
Guest chapter 11 . 2/14/2013
Excellent story. The only critism I have is that Silabus should have at least heard of aida. I would wonder how long the .hack players have, as I know from experience that people will interupt w/o any warning.