Reviews for The Capitol Games: A Fly on the Wall
BiggerThanMicroscopic chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
This was really well-written, my only critisism is that it's too short.
Estoma chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
I really like the concept of the games affecting this girl even though she wasn't in them, as you say in your summary. I was expecting her to be reaped and it was a nice twist when she wasn't.

However, I think that this oneshot lacked power because of its brevity. If you'd used more words and explored these concepts and the reactions they caused I think it would have been a lot more hard hitting. For example, when the girl found her parents dead, there is no mention of how they did it and how she felt over it. I was quite unsettled that the story moved on so quickly. It's like an extended summary of a fic to come.

It's just so brief. It's like you're summing up this girl's life, for example, the way you covered her getting married and having kids in two sentences.

I really liked some of the ideas in it; the way the girl changed, and the Capitol children certainly did! But I'd have liked to see a lot more depth to it.

Cheers.
dyslexic-Carmie chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Okay, this is your second review in the lovely "MaRaToHn of Reviews!"

Review/Rant part:
Wow, just wow. It was amazing! This is probably one of the deepest things I've read of yours. I really liked it. Even though it wasn't the happiest of stories, it still was just amazing. I'm adding it for my favorites 'cause I liked it so much. I love the idea and the meaning of it, and I'm trying not to give too much away 'cause I feel like others read these reviews. And I want them to read the story, without having something about it given away by me.

College advice part:
Take advantage of all the free stuff on campus. This stuff is probably paid by your tuition or your parent's tax dollars and if you don't take advantage of it they're robbing from you. So far at my college I've gotten to see a Andy Grammer concert for free, play in the snow brought to campus for free, go though a free haunted house, watch several free movies brought to campus, and make a stuffed koala bear. Also my college has free laundry and tutoring. I use those as needed. Anyway, the point is look at everything your college gives out for free, and use it!
Maysilee Survived chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Wow! This is really good and I like your writing style. I also like the part about the capitol kids being eager to follow in their favorite victor's footsteps, it was a nice touch.
BinaBitz chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
This is really good. I hope you do the Mockingjay Pirates!