Reviews for The Other Way
fiesa chapter 1 . 3/1
Wow.

One of the few (at least at the last time I checked) good, well-done, interesting and character-strong Continuum pieces I could find. I really enjoyed reading this fic - thanks a lot for sharing it!

What I liked most was, for once, the set-up. The short, collected paragraphs switching characters and viewpoints reminded me a lot of the way the episodes are built up and suited the story flow very well. The character descriptions were spot-on. As in the series, Kiera and Carlos were my favorites (and Alec) but you even managed to make me like Betty, something that hasn't yet happened completely for the series. Her dedication and stubborn streak makes her rival Kiera. The paragraph after Kiera's abduction featuring both Betty and Carlos (and an EMT) was one of the best parts of the story.
I also enjoyed Kellog's and Carlos' interaction, especially when Carlos declares both him and Kiera nuts. The way you made them express their feelings - in some cases with words, in others with thoughts or actions - was brilliant. And the end scene was perfect, too. Open but not too open. For me, it was a good ending point.

I think I would have liked a scene for Kiera and Carlos, not only the entrance scene, but overall I didn't miss anything here! :)

And the plot was well-thought of and worked out admirably. I like the way the title refers to the story, the way you build up a universe in which something else happens than in the series universe but still the people meet the people they have to meet and do the things they have to do. It's a what-if, and a very, very good one at that. Also, your way of writing - very calm and poignant - is very good. It suited the story perfectly. Or did the story suit your style? Probably both.
Amy.G chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
I loved this story and would love to see a sequel made your ideas really are great!
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
This was awesome. I was so glad to find this story! I had been looking for some good Continuum fic and this is just wonderful. I do hope you decide to write more for this fandom! :D
DaraSerian chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Holy - that was good! Absolutely perfect the way the characters sound just how they should. I think I'm in love with Kellog. -smirk

I may have to read it all again before I can come up with a proper review, for now I'm just smiling over the excellent read and the feeling of satisfaction as an aftertaste. Thank you for the read.
LostGirlLover chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Write more please!
ChamberlinofMusic chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I really love the story layout and how Kellog, Kiera and Alec are almost like a small family. I haven't seen the whole season but look forward to it! :)
BeBrezzy chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
love! thank you for providing my continuum fix! you captured kellog and carlos perfectly! this whole thing was pretty awesome because it was so true to character, i can literally see this all happening on the show!
Anon chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
You should definitely continue this story, seems you have an interesting story in mind.
cflat chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Just found this show this past week and it's awesome! So glad syfy's picking it up so it'll get more exposure. It sucks that there's only 4 fics and this is the only really good one. Hope you write more Continuum fics! (It would be great to read some missing scenes or character POV's from episodes.)
Elelith chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Lovely, I just finished watching Continuum and there is a serious lack of good fics out there so this was awesome..
Ria Lucas AKA Xayian chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Considering you only had 10 eps to work with, that was pretty good.
MisterBlueButterfly chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I'm happy Continuum has a growing fiction community. I loved this story and would love to see more!
Arekanderu chapter 1 . 9/15/2012