Reviews for Mother
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
That's kind of depressing to think that Kya was playing favorites with her children, but I like your exploration of Sokka's reasoning and emotions at this point. He has this kind of pragmatic affection and it seems in keeping with his character that he's not really a love a first sight kind of guy, aside from Yue and even that could just be put down to attraction and not genuine regard when he first saw her. I thought about what he told Toph about not really remembering his mom during the Southern Raiders episode as well, and I like your musings on the subject.
My5tic-Lali chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
this is really awesome! I really like the way you wrote it-and how you made the feeling stretch through the whole fic.
Jokermask18 chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I like. Sad yet good and thought provoking. It's entirely possible that Kya wasn't the super mom Katara believed her to be. Despite the fact that she's praised for giving her life for her daughter,she didn't really do it knowingly.
C.G chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I kinda agree with you that it is weird that Sokka can't remeber his mother. But it might have to do with that Sokka hade looked up to his father more than his mother and when she died, he had gone through a trauma experience, that cause him to push his mother out of his head.
But this is still a very interesting idea you had and I like the story.
WriterJosi chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
I really liked this. It was deep and thought-provoking.