Reviews for The Official Fanfiction Academy of Starfleet
Mara Durchville chapter 2 . 6/24
Name: Mara Durchville

Race: Human

Gender: Female

Select the ones that you are familiar with/have written for: Star Trek: 2009X, Star Trek: The Original SeriesX, Star Trek: The Next GenerationX, Star Trek: VoyagerX

Favorite of the above: Star Trek: Voyager

Lust Object: None (I'm a lady who loves ladies but doesn't soapbox about it)

Favorite Character: Seven of Nine

If so, describe their appearance and personality:
- Name: Mara Durchville
- Rank: Petty Officer 2nd Class, Starfleet Command
- Speciality: Shuttlecraft Maintenance Engineer
- Assignment: crew of USS Voyager, main shuttlebay (designated chief of the deck after the original incumbent of the post was killed when Voyager first transitioned to the Delta Quadrant)
- Background: born to an old and well-established family of English aristocracy, Mara Durchville chose to enlist in the ranks of Starfleet (as opposed to applying for training at Starfleet Academy as a commissioned officer cadet) out of a combined sense of noblesse oblige and upholding familial traditions dating back to the 17th century, when her ancestors served as officers in the Royal Navy and Royal Marines. Three years after completing her training, Durchville was assigned to the newly-commissioned Starship Voyager for a mission that was supposed to last no more than 3 weeks, and she survived the ship's unanticipated transition to the Delta Quadrant and subsequent mishaps.
At the time of Voyager's return to the Alpha Quadrant, Mara is a blonde human woman in her early thirties of average height and a swimmer's build (the latter quality is due to her being a fitness fanatic), pretty in a 'girl-next-door' fashion, and she retains an optimistic, positive, and perky demeanour despite having spent seven years trapped aboard 'the Ship of the Damned' in the Delta Quadrant. She is a very competent engineer, as demonstrated by the fact that she oversaw the construction of no less than ten shuttlecraft to replace vehicular losses, primarily by salvaging the wreckage of the write-offs, stripping them for parts, and assembling cut-and-shuts out of the useable components in order to save power replicating new parts. During the incident in which the Hirogen captured Voyager and forced most of the crew to participate in holodeck combat simulations, Durchville was programmed to play the role of a British SOE (Special Operations Executive) agent who was parachuted into occupied France, in part because the Hirogen discovered references in Voyager's historical database to one of her ancestors, who had done exactly that.
In summation, Mara Durchville is a competent, reliable and upbeat senior-enlisted member of Starfleet, a typical example of personnel who are the backbone of that institution. She will never get to be the hero of the hour, but the likes of Janeway and Seven of Nine wouldn't get very far without people like Mara serving aboard Starfleet vessels.

Do you know what a Mary Sue/Gary Stu is? Yes

If so, have you written one? No

Do you write slash? No

If so, for whom? N/A

My reason for applying to the Official Fanfiction Academy of Starfleet is to improve my ability to write believable fiction, and my goal is to one day write good-quality fanfiction. If I can write good-quality fanfiction that depicts Seven of Nine on a journey to reclaim the humanity that the Borg stole from her so long ago, while she also gets to kick serious arse and look magnificent in a manner worthy of a Terminator, then so much the better. :)
West Side Trek chapter 4 . 1/23
Name: Riff Shatner

Race: Human

Gender: Male

Select the ones that you are familiar with/have written for: Star Trek: 2009_,Star Trek: The Original Series_, Star Trek: The Next Generation_, Star Trek: Voyager_

Favorite of the above: TOS

Lust Object: None

Favorite Character: James T. Kirk and Leonard H. McCoy

Favorite Pairing: James Kirk/Carol Marcus

Favorite Pairing of canon characters (skip if same as above):

Select one: Command_, Security_, Science_, Engineering_, Non-Starfleet_ Do you have an OC? Riff Shatner

If so, describe their appearance and personality: My hybrid of Riff from West Side Story (which I don't own) and William Shatner, the large ham of Star Trek TOS

Do you know what a Mary Sue/Gary Stu is? Yes

If so, have you written one? Only because I hate them, hell and all Montagues. Just kidding about the Montagues part (Romeo and Juilet reference)

Do you write slash? No

If so, for whom? Hell no
Guest chapter 3 . 12/11/2015
Wait a minute? What happened to Enterprise and Deep Space 9?
Fulgrim chapter 11 . 6/17/2015
Interesting - and badly needed. Most Trek fanfictions are nothing more than 'shipper 'fics; actual /stories/ that work the same way as Star Trek episodes do are very few and far between. Please keep up the good work! :)
Oscar chapter 11 . 6/4/2015
Please update! This is hilarious. :)
Guest chapter 11 . 3/21/2015
The entire story is amazing... PLEASE update! I can't wait to read more!
Wind19 chapter 11 . 5/4/2014
Oops.

Race: Q/Vulcan (half and half)
Gender: F
Wind19 chapter 11 . 5/4/2014
I saw, over on the PPC, that apps are apparently not closed. If they are... Meep.

Name: Tuu'likki

Race:

Gender:

Select the ones that you are familiar with/have written for: Star Trek: 2009_, Star Trek: The Original SeriesX, Star Trek: The Next GenerationX, Star Trek: Voyager_
Also, the movie!
Favorite of the above: TNG

Lust Object: ((Pick one if needed. I'm heterosexual.))

Favorite Character: All of them! Well, except the bad guys.

Favorite Pairing: Q/OC

Favorite Pairing of canon characters (skip if same as above): Idk

Select one: Command_, Security_, ScienceX, Engineering_, Non-Starfleet_

Do you have an OC?
Yes ((not really))

If so, describe their appearance and personality:
Tuu'likki is a Vulcan with luscious tresses and sky-blue eyes who falls in love with a Q despite it being illogical.
Anemone Q is their daughter. She's really smart and can change appearance at will BUT her ears stay a bit pointy.
Do you know what a Mary Sue/Gary Stu is?
Yeah...
If so, have you written one?
Back when I was little
Do you write slash?
Too young to write explicit stuff
If so, for whom?
N/A

((OOC: I tend to lean towards Godplayer!Sues ((although these are almost always original fic blips IRL)) and "fix fics." I typically use good SPaG, but at times have stupid plots. You do not need to incorporate that info, but feel free if you'd like to do so. I also did a bit of cultural appropriation when younger.))
Pinkamena chapter 11 . 1/27/2014
There's someone missing...
I know!
Where's the reboot cast?
Book girl fan chapter 6 . 1/26/2014
That isn't the tack Spock normally takes, as he usually denies all emotions, but I suppose they need to be completely honest for the writers to be able to write them properly.
1Kiko chapter 11 . 12/10/2013
This is hysterical! I love this so much!

Aw man. Of course the applications are closed. I was totally going to apply as someone who's lust object was the holodeck. I mean seriously, all that wonderful technology… Actually, mostly I just can't see any of the Star Trek characters as anything more than someone to look up too. Actually, maybe new McCoy, or new Chekov, he's adorable. Other than that… nope. Thanks though.

I'm rambling. My apologies. My favorite part of this fix was definitely when the captains deviated from their scripted lesson plan. I would love to see more Captain interaction. Also some interaction of all three crews. Both in large and small groups.

Hope to see more of this soon.

:] Kiko
Shadow chapter 11 . 11/10/2013
Love it! Sooooo funny! Please continue!
Ahlisha chapter 11 . 10/26/2013
Favorite Canon Pairing:Same as above
Select one: Security
Do you have an OC? No, not for this Fandom
Do you Know what a Gary Stu is? Yes
If so,have you written one? Only for parodies
Do you Write Slash? Ewwwwwww...No
Lumina Balderson chapter 11 . 7/12/2013
May I recommend a class on the 2009 Reboot?
It would discuss the differences between the Prime Characters and the Reboot Characters, as well as the differences in their respective universes' histories.

For example, Reboot!Kirk never lived on Tarsus, and never experienced the food shortages and deaths that his Prime!Kirk did; Reboot!Kirk was just a punk from Iowa.