Reviews for Elusive
delilahlefey chapter 14 . 10/21
Holy crap I was hooked from chapter 1 and read like Spencer to get to the finish. I had a feeling about the ending but it still caught me off guard somehow. Excellent story telling.
tears of the cold moon chapter 14 . 8/20
That was simply wow. Very well played!
I had a suspicion when you listed all the Hand Man's destinations and I thought "Spencer's travel list sounds similar". But I was convinced that there was simply no way! In the end I was left standing in front of the shattered pieces that were once Hotch's trust and belief. The shock, the kind of sharp breath you suck in, when you realise that it was so much of a lie. Like a punch to the gut. I was able to feel Hotch's speechlessness.
And him going along with the cover-up. A man so dependant on another man's love and affection, because he is simply starved for it. Suddenly finding himself doing something that won't allow him to sleep peacefully for the rest of his life.
So I applaud this piece not only for the beautiful writing, the intricate plot or the characterisation of a genius, but for showing how cruel and ugly and dangerous love can become. How needing a person destroys all moral compass and that love really is blind, willingly so.
Thank you for a story that made me want to review again in a long time.
Keep up the good work,
Cold Moon.
mindluver chapter 14 . 7/22
First story I've read of this type. Very surprise ending, though throughout, I kept wondering... Super job. Thanks for sharing. chapter 14 . 6/29
This was brilliant, in my opinion, and I admire how much thought and research you put into this story.
StrawberryBlack chapter 14 . 6/22
Saludos y muchos holas!
Estuvo maravilloso!
Siendo honesta ya me lo sospechaba, sobretodo por lo que estaba escribiendo spencer... Al final fue bueno que aaron no aceptara aparecer como co-autor u.u
Me encanto y fascinó , un deleite para la mente, un ritmo muy fluido y ameno.
Muchas gracias por compartir tu historia!
Te mando besos y abrazos :D
wayward-author chapter 14 . 6/5
This was phenomenal! I always love the fics were either Reid or Hotch is an unsub. I had this inkling feeling when the murders started to happen that it was Reid and was almost disappointed when they found the first guy. But this ending, right up here, was so much better. It was perfect in my book. you have a gift, hun, that you do.
Wtf - so unexpected and shocking.
Ravnur chapter 14 . 3/15
Okay. I know it's been more than two years since you published this fic... but you just have to know my reverence for this fic! You rock! I adore unsub!Spencer, though this is the first one I've seen that is just ...excellent!

Nothing bad to say, and the clues were there and everything, when I quickly re-read it. You showcased how Aaron became dependent on Spencer really good - the Aaron of Chap1 would never have done this, but the Aaron of Chap14, because well somehow Spencer turned into this confident, amazing man with loads of job-offers from universities and just, yeah academic! While Aaron somehow turned into this man with loads of failures both on the job and at home, and so he latched on Spencer.

Spencer is really mean. I think he knew it was only a matter of time before Aaron eventually would put it together that Spencer was the Hand Man - and by doing it like he did, he ensured that if he goes down, Aaron goes down with him. And the aftermath of that... Yeah, I can see why Aaron stayed, he'd become unhealthily dependent on Spencer. I liked the parallel comparison between Spencer/Aaron and Frank/Jane.

Okay, I have gushed enough - you were amazing, and now I'm going off to find good Hotch/Reid fics, that are hopefully half as amazing as yours. (I loved Keep the Suit, Lose the Nickname by the way)
KoreanGal5 chapter 14 . 12/24/2014
If you haven't noticed, I've been going through a large chunk of your stories.
I love all of them. Period.
I just asjdoifajsdofijasdofiaj
Keyboard smashing does not properly convey my feelings but asdfojiasfj.
Oh and I know this is probably random, but thank you for writing.
It was a pleasure to read.
And congratulations on 100 stories. :)
Sakina-chan chapter 14 . 12/20/2014
is it wrong that I knew that Reid was the unsub before chapter 10?
Isabel Henry chapter 14 . 9/14/2014
What just happened? Well done!
nurdgurl714 chapter 14 . 7/10/2014
Effing brilliant!
oololoo chapter 14 . 5/17/2014
Umm, should i say amazing or what? I just read it all, in one day and omg I must say, I did not expect it to be Reid. I'm pretty sure that's a little awesome since usually I do get kind of suspicious and stuff but I totally did not expect it to be him. It was so wonderfully written and the entire plot has been planned out to the last detail that I am a little in awe of your writing ability right now. :) It was a really good read though, filled me with tension actually haha
princessofthedeadsheep chapter 14 . 1/23/2014
Perhaps not a popular ending, but it's still a riveting one, and I found myself greatly engrossed in the substance of it. It was well planned and well written, and in all honesty, I've never been completely adverse to UnSub!Reid because I always find it compelling. I think the thing I love most about this is the way Hotch accepts what has happened, who he's fallen in love with and what that'll mean for him. He realizes he is trapped, and I love the logic behind the way Reid kills, the logic behind why Hotch stays.
The most compelling thing about it is that it is completely realistic: given this set of circumstances, it would be very easy for these people to follow these paths. Perhaps a happier ending would have suited some better, but I find that the best part about this is that Reid doesn't get caught. I've read a good chunk of UnSub!Reid, and yet something I have found to be unfailing in every fic is that he is caught, which I can't say I picture happening, given that Reid is still as sane as he is in the show, or even slightly less so. It makes little sense to me, so I thank you greatly for this new take, it was a pleasant read and certainly had a worthy ending in my mind.
Ligeila chapter 14 . 12/30/2013
I’m in love with this story. Very, very clever and thorough.
I guess that the Reid’s new-found confidents came from his kills as well. You planted the underlying dread of Reid being the killer very subtly. Slightly disappointed that he had to shoot his last victim but then it was to incriminate Hotch…
And, should you be interested in my opinion, then Reid will find new victims and perhaps, Aaron will be the submissive partner in them until he cracks and kills himself or them both, in the end. And Reid will let it happen. Maybe…
I love Reid as a well thought through UnSub. He makes a very convincing one. I would love to read one that is post season 6, after Corazon maybe.
Thank you for writing this – it was a thrilling piece of fiction.