Reviews for The Pure and the Tainted
emygrl99 chapter 1 . 1/21
I... don't even know where to begin with this. This story was absolutely amazing. One of the best I've ever read honestly, and I've read a lot of fanfiction in my time. Your writing is absolutely beautiful and naturally poetic, and even though the story is canon-compliant I wasn't bored by it at all. It's interesting which parts of Luffy's journey you glazed over, like Thriller Bark, cause while a hell of a lot happened, it wasn't really that significant in Luffy's mind, even though he almost died. And it was really nice getting a refresher on Ace's past again since it's been a while since I watched that. I really really love the simplicity of Ace and Lu's connection, it's so pure and simple that it's practically incomprehensible. There's just no way to describe it in any way that'll give it justice, and I absolutely love how you managed to get that feeling across. And of course I love how you didn't just brush Lu off as some silly kid, I really hate when fics do that. Despite what anybody says Luffy is really intelligent, even if he doesn't act like it some (all) of the time.

And then Marineford. Let me tell you, when I started this fic, I wasn't expecting an entire religious experience, but the religious experience mugged me in a dark alleyway and left me to die xD because most of the story is canon-compliant I figured Ace would die, and I reeeeaaaally wasn't ready for it. But then wait! Lu saves him! It's all good! Nope, Lu dies! And then Ace dies! But nope, Lu's alive (not that Ace knows for sure)! So Ace thinks Luffy's dead for only a while while Lu spent those two years believing that Ace was dead! Fun fun fun! *stabs self*

Their reunion was sooo beautiful though, I legit want to cry because that's what Luffy deserved to get in canon, so from today forward I am adopting this fic as canon (minus the Angel-Demon thing). Ace lived and reunited with Luffy and everybody was happy and THAT'S HOW IT HAPPENED.

Aanyways, thank you so so so much for writing this, i don't know if I'll ever be able to find another fic to top this, and especially not an AceLu one which is suddenly my OTP again. I hope you have a wonderful, blessed life, and now I'm off to read the extras story :'D this story is going to kill me.
OctaveTea chapter 1 . 1/19
Every time I go back to reread Ace and Luffy stories, I absolutely can't go past this story without reading it and just feeling so warm-hearted at these two's interactions. Your writing is simply inspiring! Definitely one of the best stories fanfic has to offer!
Yas chapter 1 . 1/2
Gawd dayum. I've read it about 12 times, and it's still one of my favorite fanfictions ever~~~ Thank you for existing individual.
Ranbu no Melody189 chapter 1 . 12/30/2015
You're cruel, you made me cried a couple of times with an one-shot... I can't say if that's a good or a bad thing, but it doesn't matter really. I absolutely enjoyed reading this, like a lot. I just wanted to say that, it's not much but...
xTheCherryx chapter 1 . 12/14/2015
Oh my, this was intense and so beautiful! The whole idea of them being soulmates is wonderful and how you described their relationship, it's perfect!

This is a story that simply makes you happy, especially the ending! And how you recounted all the events, made me feel all nostalgic! :)

I enjoyed reading this story so so much! Thanks for writing it! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2015
Oh and I forgot to add. I love how you made them soul mates in the way that transcended both brotherhood and lovers. It was a well thought out concept and make their relationship unique
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2015
Child I've read so many soulmate fanfic and frankly, many of them are cheesy and overdone even if the ship is cute. This one on the other hand was hands down one of the best soulmate fanfics if not the best. I'm going to read this many many many times over
Friendly Reader chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
So ... I find myself reading this fic for like ... the thousandth time and I couldn't believe how a story as good as this one has such a small number of reviews!
This is amazing, it really is, and I love it more each time I read it!
So I would love to see you write more stories, maybe even add more side stories to this one, and also that 'Learning Freedom' fic of yours that hasn't seen an update in ages.
Hopefully you'll come back to impress your fans (me included) with your imagination and awesome writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/16/2015
Beautiful
blamekailey chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
Fantastic story.
Dark Magician Girl98 chapter 1 . 9/26/2015
You are awesome, Iloved this fic! I like the way you write ace and luffy's relationship, they love each other but as more than brothers and lovers, without the lust.
BeASlumberingDragon chapter 1 . 8/27/2015
That was mind-blowing!
Fancyunicorn chapter 1 . 8/13/2015
Beautiful.
Wordlet chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
I can't believe this is your first One Piece fic! I'm really happy that I'm home alone when I'm reading this because man I am randomly breaking out in laughs and squeals and tears and I love this! I'm so glad you wrote other one's in this AU I wasn't sure what to think at first, but it is undoubtedly beautiful. I would love if there was a specific scene about the Strawhat's reaction to Luffy's wings and all that, but I'm not sure where you would put it in anyway:) You just filled this full of so much good stuff. So the whole story I was hoping for it and by the end when it never really came, I didn't feel disappointed! That takes talent. Kudos to you, Love this forever!
Kagamine Miharu chapter 1 . 7/17/2015
AWESOMEEEEE!
woah that was so soooo perfect! so beautiful, so sweet, so warm, everything! aww I'm in love with this fic!
Luffy is really an Angel yeah!
I love the way you describe everything, about the Angels and Demons, especially the AceLu moment.
THANKS for letting Ace stay alive, really (OvO)

Love it!