Reviews for The Pure and the Tainted
ar111 chapter 1 . 22h
that was beautiful
Sooooooo good.
TsubakiYuzuki chapter 1 . 9/8
I have a question... shouldn't Luffy be able to feel if Ace died or not? With them being soulmates and everything?
Lulumo chapter 1 . 8/10
Come on sabooo come out, your memory should'be back now. No more amnesia so go to meet them.
TsubakiYuzuki chapter 1 . 6/27
I really like your acelu stories. They are amazing. Thank you very much for writing them!
I love it . This is amazing you're so good at riding story's
RainSpider chapter 1 . 5/3
I have been rereading this story for about a year now, and I want to say that it might be the best one I've read. I love this story, thank you so much for writing it!
deadswordmaster chapter 1 . 3/17
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

What one amazing piece! I have nothing else to comment. Just amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Okay. I don't know how to comment anymore.

I am envious of your writing skill

Keep up the amazing work!
- Uageozubab
WolftheForsaken chapter 1 . 3/17
Random but good. Would have liked more angel and demon stuff and the fight scene was a little off / Luffy loses his wings to protect Ace but Ace gets the same injury anyway? Also bit convenient that Luffy didn't know Ace was alive.

Definitely an interesting concept though. Good work.
Sabrina-nee chapter 1 . 2/25
This is so goooood! And thank you for keeping Ace alive here :D
emygrl99 chapter 1 . 1/21
I... don't even know where to begin with this. This story was absolutely amazing. One of the best I've ever read honestly, and I've read a lot of fanfiction in my time. Your writing is absolutely beautiful and naturally poetic, and even though the story is canon-compliant I wasn't bored by it at all. It's interesting which parts of Luffy's journey you glazed over, like Thriller Bark, cause while a hell of a lot happened, it wasn't really that significant in Luffy's mind, even though he almost died. And it was really nice getting a refresher on Ace's past again since it's been a while since I watched that. I really really love the simplicity of Ace and Lu's connection, it's so pure and simple that it's practically incomprehensible. There's just no way to describe it in any way that'll give it justice, and I absolutely love how you managed to get that feeling across. And of course I love how you didn't just brush Lu off as some silly kid, I really hate when fics do that. Despite what anybody says Luffy is really intelligent, even if he doesn't act like it some (all) of the time.

And then Marineford. Let me tell you, when I started this fic, I wasn't expecting an entire religious experience, but the religious experience mugged me in a dark alleyway and left me to die xD because most of the story is canon-compliant I figured Ace would die, and I reeeeaaaally wasn't ready for it. But then wait! Lu saves him! It's all good! Nope, Lu dies! And then Ace dies! But nope, Lu's alive (not that Ace knows for sure)! So Ace thinks Luffy's dead for only a while while Lu spent those two years believing that Ace was dead! Fun fun fun! *stabs self*

Their reunion was sooo beautiful though, I legit want to cry because that's what Luffy deserved to get in canon, so from today forward I am adopting this fic as canon (minus the Angel-Demon thing). Ace lived and reunited with Luffy and everybody was happy and THAT'S HOW IT HAPPENED.

Aanyways, thank you so so so much for writing this, i don't know if I'll ever be able to find another fic to top this, and especially not an AceLu one which is suddenly my OTP again. I hope you have a wonderful, blessed life, and now I'm off to read the extras story :'D this story is going to kill me.
OctaveTea chapter 1 . 1/19
Every time I go back to reread Ace and Luffy stories, I absolutely can't go past this story without reading it and just feeling so warm-hearted at these two's interactions. Your writing is simply inspiring! Definitely one of the best stories fanfic has to offer!
Yas chapter 1 . 1/2
Gawd dayum. I've read it about 12 times, and it's still one of my favorite fanfictions ever~~~ Thank you for existing individual.
Dear Chaos chapter 1 . 12/30/2015
You're cruel, you made me cried a couple of times with an one-shot... I can't say if that's a good or a bad thing, but it doesn't matter really. I absolutely enjoyed reading this, like a lot. I just wanted to say that, it's not much but...
xTheCherryx chapter 1 . 12/14/2015
Oh my, this was intense and so beautiful! The whole idea of them being soulmates is wonderful and how you described their relationship, it's perfect!

This is a story that simply makes you happy, especially the ending! And how you recounted all the events, made me feel all nostalgic! :)

I enjoyed reading this story so so much! Thanks for writing it! :)