Reviews for Leader
LoserLikeMe88 chapter 17 . 3/29/2013
This is really good! Can't wait till you update, which I hope is soon! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
please please please update soon! :)
hobbitkisses chapter 17 . 1/31/2013
Really great!
HarmonyLover chapter 17 . 1/20/2013
Poor Blaine! This makes me so sad for him, all over again. I thought my heart was going to pieces in my chest watching this episode, and even though there is no cheating here, it is just as hard watching him try to live his life without Kurt, when he misses Kurt so much and feels like he isn't whole any more.

That said, I love the Marley/Blaine/Unique friendship you've started to build here - and you're really continuing the Blaine/Marley, which I always love - and of course, the Sam/Blaine friendship is wonderful, even though it's in a bit of a sad context. Watching Treme without Kurt may not be the same, but watching The Dark Knight with Sam has its good points, even for Blaine. :)

Thank you for the new chapter! I'll be looking forward to more.
Eponime chapter 17 . 1/15/2013
*sigh*poor Blaine. I hope life improves for him. Well, of course it's basically all uphill from here (with the exception of right after Glease), so it will improve. Thank goodness. :) I liked Blaine's conversation with Finn and Sam. It was sort of ironically funny. Except it wasn't really irony. It was good how he defended Unique. I also really like Sam and Blaine together, and of course Marley and Blaine. Marley's awesome. :) Loved the chapter!
HarmonyLover chapter 16 . 1/6/2013
Okay, so I spoke too soon, obviously. But this chapter was very moving, and far more plausible than what canon gave us. Blaine is feeling alone, he's feeling like Kurt is moving on and doesn't need him, and breaking up seems like the logical, if painful, thing to do. Blaine is dying from the distance, and he thinks this will make it better, even though it won't, and he thinks that he's letting Kurt be free and helping him, which is what he's always done, even when it's been misguided.

Also, I think Kurt has underestimated (as he did in canon) how much Blaine is hurting and how insecure and belittled he feels. Blaine feels completely out of place and unnecessary, both in Lima and New York, and so he doesn't have anyone keeping him from self-isolation and self-destruction. Of course, now he won't have Kurt either, and I'm hoping that Sam and Marley will be the ones to catch him before he falls too far. And if Kurt does indeed come home for "Grease," then maybe he will actually see how much Blaine is suffering, and realize what's going on.

Thank you for all of these wonderful rewrites. If only you could write for RIB. :)
HarmonyLover chapter 15 . 1/6/2013
I thought the first part of this chapter was fascinating. Seeing Blaine get /homesick/ - that's something we haven't seen before. New York would be so hard to adjust to, I think, with all of the noise and the people, and clearly he's feeling that. Ohio is incredibly quiet by comparison, and Blaine's in a new environment, his only anchors are Kurt and Rachel, and he's intimidated and a little lonely. It's understandable. I also think that, even though he's missed Kurt so much, he's even a little lonely with him - Kurt has a new life, new boss, new friends, and as wonderful as it is for Blaine to be with him again, he's having to adjust to this new Kurt who doesn't live in Lima. That's all hard. Clearly Kurt still loves him and wants to be with him, but Kurt not coming home for Thanksgiving would of course be a hard blow, especially since Blaine has been feeling so alone in Ohio. There's all kinds of fascinating nuances here, and I appreciate them so much. :)
HarmonyLover chapter 14 . 1/6/2013
Dear Truffles,

You have been so wonderful and patient waiting for my reviews. I feel horribly that I've left you waiting this long. My holiday break has been so busy. More on that later. But I breathed the biggest sigh of relief at the end of this chapter, because I wasn't sure I could handle a rehash of "The Break-Up" and its aftermath. It hurt me so much and felt so wrong in so many ways, and I'm doing my own kind of redress of it in "Have a Little Faith," but I'm so glad you've decided to rectify it here, to a certain degree. I think Kurt coming how for "Grease" and seeing how Blaine is really handling things is going to be all kinds of thought-provoking and interesting.

As always in your stories, I am loving the Blaine/Sam friendship here. Sam is so protective of Blaine, to the point of being a little tough about it if he has to, and it's nice to see someone caring for Blaine in that way. Also, I love your Rachel and Blaine! I always love seeing them as good friends, and this is lovely. :)
twin1 chapter 16 . 12/28/2012
Love this fic.
swirlhearty23 chapter 16 . 12/24/2012
Thank god you didn't add the cheating part; this was a better excuse. I absolutely loved how you've written the chapters. I cannot wait to read more. Please update when you can.
Doglover chapter 16 . 12/23/2012
I love this story! Please update!
Eponime chapter 16 . 12/18/2012
Yeah, this made perfect sense for the storyline. It was very realistic. Poor Blaine, he must feel so lost and out of place. I'm looking forward to the Blam scenes, though. I love Sam, and how he helps Blaine. :) Fantastically written chapter, even if it was sad. I still loved reading it.
BenevolentBowties chapter 16 . 12/16/2012
You're right, I think, about Blaine's cheating being painfully out of character. Even after they explained it all: his being lonely with Kurt moving on with his life without Blaine and all that. I got it... It just didn't feel like the character to cheat like that.

That being said, I think (ironically) that the breakup here was better written and made more sense than it did in the actual show. While it broke my heart just as much as the one the show did, I felt more satisfied with this portrayal. I can see them working things out in time here... I don't know how they're going to manage that on the show without making Kurt (or Blaine I suppose) look awfully weak.

The writing and description here was, as always :), impeccable. I think you understand how much I love your installments! I especially liked the conflict with Blaine in Callbacks. The discomfort and uncertainty about his relationship with Kurt... Amazingly explained. Loved it!

Thank you and happy holidays!
sushi.23 chapter 16 . 12/14/2012
loved love! except for the break up because klaineee
Mika-chan chapter 16 . 12/14/2012
I knew the breakup couldn't be ignored and I think you handled it well. It went just about how I thought it should have in canon: that their breakup was due to distance-not cheating (because apparently that's all Glee writers can think of to do to break up a couple. Sigh). This was written well and a lump is currently lodged in my throat :( Great chapter! Looking forward to the next one!