Reviews for Begging for Forgiveness
Guest chapter 14 . 12/22/2017
I still don't quite understand what's happening here? Sakumo tricked into seppuku or was he murdered directly by another. Why would they want to cover Kakashi's memory of the killer's face. And Ibiki, why you keep invading Kakashi's mind so easily!
Kakuraku chapter 14 . 9/16/2017
I hope you're feeling better, Freezing Rain.

I love this story to bits. It's an interesting take on Kakashi time travel. The AU is so crazy, in a good story way (conspiracy!) as much as a sucks-for-the-characters way. I like how Kakashi adapts in the story, still the jounin, still skilled and intelligent. Though emotionally disrupted by his circumstances, he makes do. And Minato has a backbone (yes!), which is refreshing.

I think the writing flows well. The POVs are engaging (although the ambiguity of "Ninken POV" was confusing until I learned it was Isamaru's). It's nice to learn about all of the characters; haven't felt bored or the need to rush through any characters' POVs so far. In that vein, I don't think you spent too much time on Ino-Shika-Cho, especially since their scenes lay foundations for the upcoming story/murder investigation/war.

Favorite moments: everything in chapter 1 (that was...wow); Itachi covering Fugaku in snot (equal parts 'cute' and 'he deserved it.' Makes me wonder, though, if Fugaku's dislike of Obito is an act to protect him from some Uchiha/Madara/Danzou plot, or if he's just an abusive bastard. Maybe both?); Tsume and Mikoto forming some camaraderie while suffering Nekobaa (female characters done justice. Can't wait for Kushina and Rin to become more awesome). I like other things too, of course: nee-chan slips; somehow Kakashi doesn't suffer food poisoning/nausea from Kushina's terrible cooking; Kakashi and Obito vs. S-class nin. As I said: love to bits.

Speculations: Looks like Danzo's trying to get Kakashi. Have no idea how Sakumo could've been controlled. Danzo doesn't get Shisui's eye until after the Third Shinobi War. That OC Mandou Shin is looking super suspicious; run, Rin! No seals were detected on Rin, although that almost kidnapping seemed like a Sanbi jinchuuriki operation; Zetsu/Madara on the move?

Timeline/questions: I guess Danzou just disappeared Yamato to Orochimaru's lab for Shodaime cell integration experiments. Yes, Kakashi's generation/class had a mix of ages. It's possible to fail to enter the academy (it happened to Gai), so it could be that some only managed to enter or chose to enter the academy when they were older, or else failed to graduate until they were older. For Hayate and Ibiki's age difference, maybe they had different genin teams in the beginning, somehow lost members from their original three-man cells, so ended up merging into a cell with a larger age gap. (I'll send you a PM on other timeline matters.)
tabjoy13 chapter 14 . 8/16/2017
Is it bad that I'm happy Obito got disowned? I mean, I think things will be so much better for him now once he gets resettled of course. If only he'd move in with Minato too, then they'd really be a sitcom.
I wonder if the nine tails will contact Kakashi again? And what's Danzo planning?
Update when you can!
tabjoy13 chapter 13 . 8/16/2017
The timeline of Kakashi's "graduating class" makes zero sense. If you can figure out some sort of logic to that, I owe you a high five. What bothers me the most is Genma being one of Minato's personal guard. What?! Did he go to school with Kakashi or not? If Kakashi was supposed to be a prodigy then what does that make Genma? The super prodigy that no one talks about?
I never thought Yamato went to the academy. What are you basing that off of?
As far as the timeline, as far as I can tell, the Third War ended when Kakashi was fourteen or fifteen. My logic for that is this: The war ended shortly after Rin died. I assume this because the Mist was suddenly without a jinchuriki AND a Mizukage in the middle of a world war and yet the other villages didn't pounce on that weakness. There had to be a lot of chaos for the Mist at that time and my only reasoning for the Leaf or someone not taking the Mist over is that the war was already winding down.
Now, we know that Kakashi joined ANBU shortly after Rin's death and that Kakashi was in ANBU for about ten years. If you add a year or two for him failing those other teams before Team Seven, then that puts the war's end when Kakashi is about 14.
That's the best I've got. Hope it helps?
tabjoy13 chapter 12 . 8/16/2017
You do tend to focus on Ino-Shika-Cho a bit more than necessary but Inoichi is a key part of this story so I'd say it's fine.
I'm enjoyed the story. Keep up the good work!
tabjoy13 chapter 8 . 8/16/2017
Kakashi? Go crazy? Never. His mind is far too hard core.
tabjoy13 chapter 6 . 8/9/2017
The plot thickens! On top of everything else, Kakashi has to deal with this! Yikes
tabjoy13 chapter 4 . 8/8/2017
As soon as the kunoichi woke up the clans stopped bothering Kakashi? Probably because they found out why she was attacking Kakashi.
I wonder if Kakashi is having trouble with his emotions because of his age. At that time, he would have had much more trouble keeping his emotions in check and now he has a lot more of them.
tabjoy13 chapter 2 . 8/7/2017
I'm curious to see where this leads. Thank you for sharing this story with us!
Suzululu4moe chapter 14 . 8/5/2017
lol it's not traitors or the kyuubi that will end Kakashi , it's kushina's cooking . Ahaha

Poor brobito.
Suzululu4moe chapter 13 . 8/4/2017
Nice.
Suzululu4moe chapter 12 . 8/4/2017
Nice team work of the ino Shika cho.

Hmm I wonder why they'd want to mess with her.

Well at least now brobito likes kakashi more. Nothing like a fight to the death to bond.

Hmm it would be nice to eventually see more of their age group eventually. Asuma Kurenai Anko Gai Hayate Yugao Gemma etc.
Suzululu4moe chapter 11 . 8/4/2017
Nice bonding with Tsume . Who knows maybe he'd learn more dog care or healing techniques .

Oh oh that's suspicious for an enemy to know about that.
Suzululu4moe chapter 10 . 8/4/2017
Oh oh Rin...

though I wonder why no one suspects Danzo. Kakashi knows many f the man's deeds.

Lol the omake. Too bad Kakashi doesn't have a reality marble like Emiya Shirou in the fate stay night series . Jiraiya would make kakashi his bff had he known of it.
Suzululu4moe chapter 9 . 8/4/2017
I hope fugaku gets castrated at least