Reviews for Begging for Forgiveness
pixy chapter 3 . 7/31
I love the bond between Kakashi and his ninken. So cute :)

Love how they take turns staying awake to guard their Kakashi.
I really want to read the future chapter
the story is so great
please consider the reader's feeling, because I really really want to read this story till the end..
Ariana Deralte chapter 13 . 3/6
This is a really fascinating take at the time travel fic. I like what you're doing with Kakashi and Obito in particular. Now that canon has revealed certain things, it's nice to see Obito not being written as perfect. I can see how your Obito would turn into canon Obito. Can I request a gruesome death for Danzo? He really deserves one.

And as for the timeline, I really wouldn't worry about it. Kishimoto is really really bad at math and keeping track of dates and ages. He probably has no idea how long each war lasted either.
Six years is a reasonable length for a world war (WW2 lasted six years), as long as both sides of the conflict are fairly even in strength the actual level of the techniques available to the combatants is irrelevant.

If Hayate was filling in for a missing team-mate on Ibiki's team for the durration of the exam the age difference wouldn't seem so strange. Many shinobi stay genin for a fairly long period of time. In Naruto's time we se plenty of contestants in their late teens and even a few middle aged ones.

Yamato was neever at the academy.
This is just great! You've got a really interesting plot here! I hope I'll be able to read more of it in the future
Sandtalon chapter 13 . 1/21
This story is really well written, and I hope you choose to continue it!

I enjoying seeing Kakashi's growth throughout the story as well as everyone else's character development. I really like how you portray Minato's relationship with Kakashi, as well as with the ninken.

I think character development is your forte. You do not leave any character out, and we have a strong understanding not just of the 'main' characters, but of secondary ones as well.

The Rin thing confuses me.. could they be trying to seal a tailed-beast into her like in canon?

Thank you for a great read!
Sumei1 chapter 6 . 1/2
I really like this! I can't believe I haven't found this story until now! Please keep writing this!
RejectedP chapter 13 . 12/29/2014
Ah, the Naruto "timeline". Entirely a mistake on Kishimoto's part. He had no idea when anything happened either. The databooks almost made sense giving people's ages, because they were all different which is normal. Realistically, not every impotent person was born at the exact same time. According to the Manga though, he really wants us the believe EVERYONE IN THE SHOW was either Konohamaru's, Naruto's age, Kakashi's age, Minato's age, Tsunade's age, Hiruzen's age, or Hashirama's age. There are ONLY 7 age groups in Naruto. Then, according to the filler anime, Kakashi is like 40. Except when he isn't. He's also watching Team 7 the entire day he gets assigned to them. Except he was horribly late because he was at the Memorial Stone all morning being depressed. The Anime did what ever the heck it wanted and contradicted itself all the time. I don't think Kishimoto sat there before the series and made a timeline. Especially since he retconned so much after the time skip. He basically thought "eh, this sounds like a good number and no one will notice if it doesn't make sense". He also didn't feel like drawing non-important background characters, so he stuck in the named characters in places where it made no sense due to what he'd said. I'm particularly amused by the fact that the Databooks say Iruka, Itachi, and Anko graduated in the same year from the Academy based on their ages and graduation dates, yet Anko was in Kakashi's Chunin Exam. Somehow. Because god forbid Kishimoto draw other unnamed characters in the background scenes... Anyway, write it the way YOU think it makes sense. No one can really prove anything either way.
RejectedP chapter 7 . 12/29/2014
Don't get me wrong, your ideas about Sakumo's suicide are interesting, but I think there is some values dissonance going on here. First off, he didn't slit his throat, he committed seppuku, Japanese honor suicide. Ninja may not follow the same strict code at the samurai, but they still have honor. You have to realize that people like Naruto, Young!Obito, and the others who think Sakumo saving his teammates was the right thing to do are seen as really, really weird by the rest of the Narutoverse. Of course, that's why Naruto is the main character. Because he's revolutionary in his world. It just so happens that his more modern and visible ideals are more shown because he's the main character, and in Japan, they don't need to explain the opposing "traditional ideals" as much, because everyone knows them. Anyway… Sakumo lost his honor in the eyes of most of Konoha's forces, though a rare few still supported him. He killed himself to remove the shame from the Hatake name and save Kakashi from sharing in his dishonor and being treated poorly. Yes, Kakashi was screwed up by it, but he was no longer disliked by the overwhelming majority of the village because of his father's actions and was free to be seen by his own. It was kind of a six of one, half a dozen of the other situation. Now, to my point. Removing Sakumo's seppuku and replacing it with a murder takes out a lot of the meaning in Kakashi's life and mutes the overarching theme of Naruto that is "traditional ideals" vs "modern ideals". Most of Kakashi's character is based on the clash of those ideals, how he justifies either following them or not following them, and his growth in meshing the two together is how he became who he is in the story by the time he become's Team 7's teacher. Removing Sakumo's suicide cheapens him and his character development. Which, I guess you can do, it's your fanfiction, but it just comes off as vary jarring to me due to it's significance. Of course, I have six more chapters to read, so who knows where you're actually going with this, but I figured I'd say something anyway.
Guest chapter 13 . 12/28/2014
Hoooooly crab.
Hands down one of the best time travel fics I have read - I just love how detailed and intricate you are with the storytelling. The plot where Sakumo did not commit suicide but instead was murdered was very intriguing and what also happened to Rin during the capture? Aaaahhhh i need to know!

The part of the story that affect me the most is when Inoichi got into Kakashi mindspace omg so intense.

I love all of the characterisation - that you dont only focus on Kakashi but everyone have their own story connected to the intrigue surrounding Kakashi. And Obito character development! Love it.

Omg I tell you I seriously nearly forgo sleep because i need to finish reading this ASAP. One of the most memorable Naruto fics I've read and I am holding out hope that you will eventually finish this
innoquous chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
I'm looking forward to reading more :)
Riddle Wraith chapter 13 . 11/21/2014
I like this so far. I hope to see more soon. Wow though, I didn't know there were that many discrepancies in the series/manga. I honestly haven't gotten as far in it as I could because the main series itself can't seem to hold my interest at the moment as much as fan fiction does. As a result, I know most of the major cannon plot points (due in large part to fan fiction), but I miss the smaller details that don't translate well or are changed as is the case in fan fiction. I did notice some minor discrepancies, but I haven't got an accurate enough personal profile of the series to always tell what is cannon and fannon. It's only through comparing fan fictions and the things that stay the same throughout the majority of what I've read that I even know enough to figure out what's cannon and what isn't most of the time. It's also how I've gotten my overview of the series, so one of these days I do actually have to get back to watching it if I don't want to look foolish when I actually do write something. Anyway, sorry for totally wasting your time with this long ass review (if you even bothered to read it to the end). To reiterate, I really enjoyed this, and I look forward to future chapters.
sensoray chapter 13 . 11/17/2014
Great story so far, I like how you focused a lot on the ninken, not many do that. Can't wait to hear more!
Beloved Daughter chapter 13 . 10/22/2014
Fascinating story so far! So much going on! Love it!
The Mind Of The Dragon chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
So I sat for four hours and read this from start to finish after coming across it in a search. PLEASE finish this! I find it highly fascinating and very intriguing as to where it is going and was so disappointed to see it hasn't been updated in a long time! I really hope that one day you return to this and finish it! :D