Reviews for When the Moon Gleams
NekoElder chapter 22 . 4/7
Seth Claire
ElanaEvelyn chapter 26 . 2/17
I stayed up until 5am reading this and woke up at noon. #NoRegrets

Firstly, Aphrodite. You're interpretation of her? Spectacular, wonderful, everything I hoped for. It always bothered me how much people interpreted her as a ditzy airheaded whore. Aphrodite is so much more than that to me. She is cunning, she is manipulative, she is unforgiving and she can fuck up your life big time. She is not to be made an enemy, and considering how much she wants to meddle with Seth's love life by trying to make him fall in love with somebody. It seems like if he makes the wrong move and ruins her plans, he will be in a whole lot of trouble.

For a pairing for Seth, is it weird that I kind of hate pairings? I don't mind Percabeth, they're too deeply embedded into the pjo canon to ignore. For Seth there really is no one I can see him with. Bianca is a possibility, you could flesh her put in many ways Rick Riordan couldn't since he killed her off. Another is Nico, since in canon he falls for the first person who saved him, which in this story could be Seth or Percy. Another is Clare, since Seth and her have that connection, and is the strongest possibility, since Aphrodite wants some tragic Romeo and Juliet story. And considering you're letting Seth join Kronos' Army, it's becoming a real possibility.

Speaking of joining the enemy, OH MY GOD YOU ACTUALLY DID IT. I was kind of expecting it, since you've made it such a big deal that the big three kids and Seth are always trying to be recruited and there are people coughClarecough who want him to join. It's interesting but also presents a different perspective. By the end of House of Hades, Percy started thinking about Luke and his action, and he understood them. He felt used by the gods, and Seth definitely relates to that. Seth has already been used by the gods, the way he is being treated is like some toy for their own amusement and even as a reader, it's completely infuriating! Why are you doing this? Why are you making him needlessly suffer? It's not a stretch in my mind to think that Seth light be tempted into really joining Kronos, but I still think he won't. Since his fatal flaw is his emotions, I think his love for his friends and family will overshadow his grudge against the gods. As shown by Seth deciding that he wouldn't go to save Artemis, but once he found out Percy and Thalia could be assassinated, Nyooom off he goes.

One tiny criticism of this fic is that you repeat scenes too much. You do try to change the perspective and mix it up a bit with the character's thoughts, but it becomes a bit tiring to reread everything we already know, and it kind of slows down the pacing of the story. I get what you were trying to go for, by showing everyone's views, misunderstandings and feelings about things. But it's just one thing that irks me.

I swear I could go on and on and on and on with how much I love your story. Apollo, the carefree but protective brother who secretly cares way too much about his sister and is an annoying uncle? Amazing, I love it. Your justification for why Artemis chose to "sacrifice" the orphanage, while is infuriating, makes sense. It really shows how Artemis does care for Seth, and that she wanted to protect him. The awkwardness between Seth and Artemis? Fantastic, give me that you're my mom but I still don't trust you because you could kill me conflict. Also, new character? The Di Angelo siblings are alive? The hunters and Seth are on better terms? THERE IS TOO MUCH.

But I wouldn't want to bore you, this review is too long and rambling as it is. I'm super excited about reading...everything. It's scary how fast I can burn through these fanfics but I'll enjoy them as they come. Keep it up! You're an amazing writer! Have a wonderful day!
DarkShadow124 chapter 4 . 7/4/2017
that's like the catch phrase for all cool uncles!
Kyza-20 chapter 19 . 2/19/2017
I'm sorry I really am but this goddamned chapter infuriates me on so many levels basically all of Seth's problems could have been fixed if Artemis had just told the goddamn truth
MasterTrident chapter 17 . 1/4/2017
Just for the record, Artemis never swore an oath. Rather she was given freedom by an oath Zeus swore to her per one of her three requests; a bow made of moonlight (which is ironically golden); a group of 60 virgin nymph to be her handmaidens (now the hunters); and Zeus to swear never to force or allow to be forced to marry or lose her virginity to a man. She can if she wishes, but she doesn't have to. As far as I remember, Athena never swore an oath either. Hestia was the only one to swear an actual oath of maidenhood.

Of course, you are way too far in this story to do anything about this, but just keep it in mind if you decide to start a new story.

Great writing so far!
ProfessionalReaderOfFanfiction chapter 18 . 11/18/2016
Nice Harry Potter reference
ProfessionalReaderOfFanfiction chapter 4 . 11/18/2016
my birthday is also December twenty should you make it a triple?
Sicof this chapter 5 . 8/6/2016
I would have gone with she hits like a girl
GentleRage chapter 24 . 6/25/2016
Nice bit of resolution in this chapter! Also, a demigod trainer? Alright, I'm down for that; I can't wait to read your next installment.
GentleRage chapter 21 . 6/24/2016
Familial progress!
GentleRage chapter 17 . 6/24/2016
Nice explanation about Seth's abilities. Even with the uncertain aspects to his potential you made them believable (Poseidon's caveat). Also, kudos on the prophecy; I haven't seen a fan-made prophecy fit so well in a story in awhile.
InsightfullyDepressed chapter 21 . 4/14/2016
Do i even need to say it? No i dont, you ruined your main caracter you destroied his origin like it was chalk and now the hatred for a god( which is something riduculously rare in this site) that led me to this story is GONE! So please oh wise one, please tell me what happens next, let me guess Seth gets all buddy up with everyone and then he goes on to be the BLIND TOOL he was supposed to be and willingly off himself for his Gods, am i right?
Unbeliavable.
InsightfullyDepressed chapter 20 . 4/14/2016
OH NO NO NO NO! Why? Why did you do this? I bloody knew it! The moment Apollo said "the truth" i knew you would hrt this story by turning Artemis into some poor victim and that after a big ass sob story Seth would totally forgive her and LET GO OF HIS HATRED!
I will try the next chapter but i already know what will happen, and its soo heartbreaking
Guest chapter 24 . 12/19/2015
Hey, so I don't like reviewing stories right in the middle of reading them (because the lack of info will probably make me look like a dumbass with all of my assumptions) but I just wanted to get it out that I love your story, and I hope that Seth an Artemis can truly reconcile one day. I know a lot of your readers want Seth to 'give the gods what they deserve', but it would be so sad I don't think my bloody heart could take it. :(
I love Seth too - despite his hate for Aphrodite, I kinda want to see a little romance. (No one in particular really strikes me as 'for Seth', but I'm not too concerned)
I also haven't read any fics from this fandom in literal eons, but I'm glad you were my refresher!
I also have a thing for Ocs, and usually they're female, but this perfect - I love that Seth is a boy.
Anyways, I'll review again later when I'm all caught up, but I just wanted to say that you're an amazing author and I really enjoy reading your work!