Reviews for In Between Love and the North Star
amyh52 chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
Very well written, lovely
Heatherlina chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Forgive me for just finding this now. Your writing here is so beautiful and moving. My favorite part:

And as she did, he loosened his finger, an imperceptible movement that allowed her soft curl to slip silently away as she slid out from under his blanket. He trusted it would keep its secrets to itself.

Very nice job!
Dee2387 chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
I love this one.

It's just so sweet.

Tom Waits does the best music for wallowing late at night, and hating yourself and your life.

And for hating happy people, he's especially great for listening to while hating happy people.
WritingElephant chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Haha! thisis one of the best new girl fanfics I've read. I hope you keep writing!
byhappenstance2 chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
loved this! such a sweet ending. the bathroom exchange was hilarious. I never heard tom waites but am gonna go listen to him now. your imagery is incredible and your nick and jess are adorable.
PocketHulk chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Daaww so cute! Loved it! You have a knack for pulling us right into the "in-between" episode moments and making us believe it really happened like that! :)
cookie-dough chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I loved this, your attention to detail, and the fact that you just have the characters spot on (especially Schmidt, and his rants), makes a really good read. Looking forward to reading more of your stories.
rosey12 chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Ahhh...another great, perfect "inbetween the scenes" story! You really are amazing at this...like it's almost freaky! lol...and i couldn't agree with you more about the "falling in love" part being the best part about two people getting together. There really is no rush, and it's so much fun being on the journey of these little moments that you write about that you can tell when they are maybe falling a little bit at a time...like I definitely think Nick fell a little in this story! lol...I mean don't get me wrong tho, I still like m3 a little angst and action with these two :) But I have absolutely NO probably reading what you have first! Please get that injured story up soon! I cannot wait!
Tamarakv chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Once again...you're a genius. This is so perfectly nick and Jess at this point in the series. When it comes to nick, Jess can just be silent, unaware that just being there is enough. Love that you had nick love the cocoa but ask about a beer, Jess "unlocking" her mouth was so funny.
I will admit when I read your stories that a part of me is like KISS ALREADY! But then again the show did that to me all season so...
But at least with your stories I get all of theses great nick/Jess moments that mold so well with the show I'm suspicious that they held these clips hostage and maybe you work for fox and have pilfered said scenes to give to us...
I know I've said it before but I love this chronological story series you have created, and hope you finish the whole first season, even though we will be into season two next week (jumps up and down in excitement) and I must suggest once again that you do this again next summer...please...I want to say I wont bug you over it...but that's probably not true. Anyway, were was I? Oh yea I remember - great story.
AMiserableLove chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
*happy happy HAPPY sigh*

I've told you this before, so I apologize for being redundant, but I absolutely adore what you are doing here with this little series. And, there is no question in my mind that in the fun and crazy world of New Girl that little moments like THESE are what happens in between the scenes that we see on camera, which is why I'm using your fics as my head canon!

Now while obviously I don't shy away from writing Jess and Nick rushing to that point where they are together...that's only because I'm IMPATIENT, but THIS what you've got here is the *meat and potatoes* of a relationship (and if that sounds familiar it's because I totally stole that from you). Just because I'm impatient for the two to get together doesn't mean I want it rushed, and what you've managed to do with your gentle dissection of their relationship is just absolutely beautiful! I love it!

And really, this truly wonderful slow burn that the writers on the show and YOU have got going on here between them...at the end of the day...I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

There are so many wonderfully gorgeous moments in each of your fics. I know you've said before that you are really enjoying someone's writing when you wish that you had written a line or two yourself...same goes for me except with your stories I usually wish I had written the whole dang thing.

There were many lines in this fic that made my heart melt but this one was just so simple and beautiful and for some reason kinda made my heart ache...

*And as she did, he loosened his finger, an imperceptible movement that allowed her soft curl to slip silently away as she slid out from under his blanket. He trusted it would keep its secrets to itself*

**SIGH**

So yeah, obviously I loved this story. With its gentle hints at romance and their ever growing love and affection, a tinge of sadness, a dose of desperation and angst and a heaping spoonful of friendship it just hit the right spot all around.

Awesome job!

Oh and P.S.- I loved the inclusion of Tom Waits, that was brilliant and the lyrics were PERFECT!

Oh and P.P.S.- I think I'm almost as excited for your Injured fic as I am for the season premiere...almost...lol.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
I loved this story, unbelieveably cute! I agree with you, I love the whole romance side of the story and everything urgh it's so great. Your stories are great!