Reviews for An Opportunity of Fate
Project Shrine chapter 8 . 10/19/2012
Hopefully none of the changes bite EMIYA in the ass later.
the darks light chapter 8 . 10/18/2012
man this was a great chapter! keep them coming!
AznPuffyHair chapter 8 . 10/18/2012
Ah... papa Kirit died... At least now Ayako wouldn't need to kill anyone for vengeance (though i doubt she ever will...). Still, at the very least he died a relatively peaceful death.

Sakura's apparent dual personality is intriguing. There is something about that it just tells me you have something big in mind. Who knows, maybe it'll play some major role in the future. Or maybe i'm reading too much into it. Either way, I like how Issei describe her general feel though. She isn't evil, merely very angry and hungry for the opportunity to return that rage.

Speaking of whom, Issei is developing quite nicely. He probably won't do anything great anytime soon, but I foresee that with the right influence in his career development, he could become a force to be recon with. If power attracts power, than what does it say for his future when he's near an average, an incarnate, and whatever you want to call Sakura?

Finally, the thing EMIYA changed with Illya became quite obvious this chapter. I'm not quite sure how that will ultimately save her, if at all. However I am quite certain that things will look very interesting soon. This also meant that she probably can't act as childish as she is in canon... but does this mean she can properly act the role of the older sister, or is Shirou still the onii-chan that he is in other universe? Probably won't matter for at least another chapter or two.

Well, it's a good chapter. Things are getting set up and fate is running its course. The only known thing about this war is that apparently most participants are teenagers (four confirmed, with Sakura and Ayako on 'pending' and one more unknown). It probably will still be pretty ugly though. All it takes is one psycho...

Anyway, keep up the good work. I look forward to when it all starts. UPDATE SOON!

PS: I wonder what EMIYA think of all this...
the darks light chapter 3 . 10/18/2012
wow im really likeing how this is going so far! kepp up the good work!
Ergast chapter 8 . 10/18/2012
Well... wow! A really touching chapter. The characterization of the characters was really good, and they seemed to dictate to you their own parts, instead of you writing them. I CAN believe it when you said that Rin took control over you of that scene in the last chapter.

It's also good to see the forgotten characters involved. Sadly, in the nasuverse the normals are forgotten or eaten, so for them to be involved and able to defend themselves (if only because they know what they have to avoid) is really nice. And the same can be said about your Illya.

As I already said, I'm not sure if EMIYA managed to make it better or worse than the originals yet, but he certainly made things interesting. Let's just hope for the good of Fuyuki that he didn't managed that in the chinese sense.
reality deviant chapter 8 . 10/17/2012
the issei and ayako situations were well thought out and written, and surprising in the latter. good job.
i hope rin and shirou will discover that issei and taiga are in the know about magic-would be a funny talk...
will ayako become a master? perhaps searching for the truth of what happened and who started the fire? will she end up opposed to shirou due to the outh of vengeance on the one to start the fire at the end of previous grail war?
NewAgeOfPower chapter 8 . 10/17/2012
Mmm. I can taste the drama about to ensue.
Krulk chapter 8 . 10/17/2012
Awesome... Just awesome...

SWORDSPAM from the very beginning?

BTW will CG EMIYA be summoned? Because that should be awesome too, CG EMIYA Teaching Shirou how to swordspam!
reality deviant chapter 7 . 10/13/2012
good chapter.
i liked the ayako and issei roads- hope next chapter have ayako learn from her grandpa about magecraft and her familie's connection to that, and the reputation and identity of her magus friends.

the rin -shirou scene was sweet . whats the meaning of taiga with the sword, and how much is she aware of magecraft?
what will happen to the kid sakura attacked?
Lenkish chapter 7 . 10/13/2012
Really liking this story so far. The character interactions are all golden and make me excited for the next chapter. The expanded roles of Issei and Ayako, serious face Taiga, Kiritsugu still being alive, Rin and Sakura both befriending Shirou everything about this story so far has been fun and exciting. I almost don't want the grail war to start because of how fun it's been. I really hope we get to sit in on the Mitzusuri family dinner next chapter, it looks like it'll be very interesting. Keep up the good work and thank you for posting your story!
AznPuffyHair chapter 7 . 10/13/2012
Yup, premature awakening indeed. The partial transformation seems to hint at something, but i'm not sure what. Either way, I wonder where you plan to go with Sakura in this.

The knowledge that Taiga of all people knows magic isn't all that surprising (considering where she is, who her family is, and who she associate with). It is still a rather interesting twist because not a lot of stories out there even bother with Taiga other than perhaps comic relief. Well, now that she's somewhat involved, care to share the story behind that sword she used?

And Kiritsugu... it looks almost as if he'll live to see the war kick off. And Illya grown? So then... what does that mean?

Over all though, i can see that people are gearing up for something major, and the majority of them kids don't really know head from tail just quite yet. Shirou's progress in gradation air though is astounding, so I'm going to assuming that he's actually closer to achieving tracing than in canon. I doubt Unlimited Blade Work would make an appearance other than passing mention of a possible reality marble in Shirou.

Which then comes to Rin's little sudden curiosity. This may very well be the budding of a awkward romance. And Shirou is more of a very competent butler than an assistance... Truly.

Still, keep up the good work. If bumping the rating up makes it safer, then perhaps it's the wiser decision. It does give you a little more liberty to work with.

UPDATE SOON!
AznPuffyHair chapter 6 . 10/12/2012
The implications are certainly there, but as long as it's nothing TOO explicit or even down right blatantly saying it, you can keep it at teen. If you're going for more darker theme though or decide to involve more gores or the more grotesque stuff, then you will have to raise it.

Either way, this is an interesting idea. I think it's the first of its kind. A "what would happen if CG EMIYA could influence the outcome not as a participant, but as a third party" never really crossed anyone's mind until now i suppose. And it's good. While the first two or three chapter felt like it could be done in two, you more than made up for it with the latter three.

The seemingly premature awakening of Dark Sakura is... i'm not really sure. She couldn't control it obviously, and if Medea was never there, then unless EMIYA shows up, Rule Breaker is out of the question. So you must have something in mind, or else you'd be unleashing quite the motive for Ayala to send EMIYA in to wipe it all out. I do appreciate the character development that led to it though.

Well, all seriousness aside, i hope that you do plan to involve some life hearted humor or comic relief here and there. Too much serious stuff is never good for anyone. Some laughter will help move things along sometimes. That, and I kind of want to see how Bazette will be as a wife. The concept is just begging to be explored...

Ahem, anyhow, this is a good story. I take it the war will start in about two chapters, or maybe it'll be launch on the next. With how things are going, i can sort of see how these teenagers will be dunking themselves in troubles by the bucket. Kiritsugu though... well, depending on whether he live or not by then, it may prove interesting.

Keep up the good work and UPDATE SOON!
Rayne Sarazaki chapter 6 . 10/10/2012
YES, Must change the bar into MATURED content!

But hey, haven't anticipated a fanfic worth reading ever since I came across "From Fake Dreams". This is definitely a keeper and I'll be looking forward to updates from now on!
Ergast chapter 6 . 10/10/2012
...

I just have one thing to say after the end of the chapter: Oh shit! It's the Shadow! RUN! *its devored by Angry Manjew*

Ahem. Jokes aside, good chapter!

At the moment, I'm not enterily sure if Archer has managed to improve things or make them worse, and taking into acount his luck... What I can be sure of, is this. In your fic it won't be just a war. It's going to be TWO. One for the Grail, and one for Shirou, if I know his qualities half as good as I think I do. Not that I complain, mind you :p
reality deviant chapter 5 . 10/5/2012
i love those scenes, especially the ayako and issei ones,and they are well written.
but update more often.