Reviews for An Opportunity of Fate
KailSakray chapter 9 . 10/25/2012
yup i enjoying it.
AznPuffyHair chapter 9 . 10/25/2012
Good job Sakura! Sic "her" on Shinji, and then we can work on your grandpa dearest. Now we just need to rack up the pity points and threaten the author enough he/she will give you the happiness you deserve later! ...Though maybe it won't be with Shirou. We'll see. I just can't shake this feeling that you're going to literally pour despair over her though... So long as you don't kill her?

Luvia's appearance is a surprise, not because she is participating, but rather because she is observing. It also provide a good twist in the family relationship. I do wonder if her presence will develop Dark Sakura more when she eventually start gunning for Shirou.

And speaking of whom, it's a good thing that at least he knows he's a pack horse. When surrounded by girls who can kick your ass in quite as many ways as they can (because they can), then you better know your place. It does bring the question of just how strong this particular pack horse is. I think even if she is allowed to, Rin can only shop for so much, and I doubt Sakura or Ayako is the type to simply cut loose.

But i digress. The near deployment of Unlimited Blade Work is a surprise. It is indeed terrifying to know that it is so close to completion even before the war started. And knowing that he can now make explosives? Well, it has taken it to a new height that perhaps even CG Emiya will hesitate in taking on. Still, near trigger by anger is... worrying. It kind of shows that Shirou has some anger issue that's more than just anger at seeing the innocents being hurt. Or maybe it's only because it was Sakura? Even in the UBW route, it was only deployed because it was Sakura he's rescuing... Hmm... cyber cookie for your thought?

I can't really say anything for Cassandra, and i haven't for the longest time. I felt that she is important in some way other than just filling the gap, but there is something else there. Same with Issei and Ayako. Those two will make a difference, but how much remained to be seen. It's surprising to see that Sakura has a natural affinity for feng shui...

And that is six out of seven confirmed, with three already summoned and ready to roll. The last one can either make the war or break it, because all it'll need is one psycho (like in the fourth) to make it all go to deeper into hell. Or it could just be some poor random sap that really won't do much later. It'll be revealed later, and I look forward to how things will develop. I am also very curious on who Rin will summon, because I just can't think of anyone that used a horn in their legend (though it may be so obvious that i'll bang my head later...).

Keep up the good work. UPDATE SOON!

PS: Have you ever entertain the thought of Dark Sakura hijacking the kitchen in the Emiya estate and kicking Shirou to the dining room? I mean there ought to be time when they argue over who would do the cooking...? I can't really imagine it though, but i feel that it'd be worth some laugh...
TsuinRasengan chapter 9 . 10/25/2012
now i have to ask is this a shirou/harem or no... also will shirou be massacring the matous... when is the talk between shirou and ilya
cormalin chapter 8 . 10/22/2012
This... is amazing.
Lican chapter 8 . 10/21/2012
I had my doubts about this story at the beginning, but man it is awesome, waiting for more
Cera Symmetry chapter 8 . 10/20/2012
Great story!
I'm curious how this will all play out, as well as if EMIYA ever gets any more involved.
Project Shrine chapter 8 . 10/19/2012
Hopefully none of the changes bite EMIYA in the ass later.
BlazeWings chapter 8 . 10/18/2012
man this was a great chapter! keep them coming!
AznPuffyHair chapter 8 . 10/18/2012
Ah... papa Kirit died... At least now Ayako wouldn't need to kill anyone for vengeance (though i doubt she ever will...). Still, at the very least he died a relatively peaceful death.

Sakura's apparent dual personality is intriguing. There is something about that it just tells me you have something big in mind. Who knows, maybe it'll play some major role in the future. Or maybe i'm reading too much into it. Either way, I like how Issei describe her general feel though. She isn't evil, merely very angry and hungry for the opportunity to return that rage.

Speaking of whom, Issei is developing quite nicely. He probably won't do anything great anytime soon, but I foresee that with the right influence in his career development, he could become a force to be recon with. If power attracts power, than what does it say for his future when he's near an average, an incarnate, and whatever you want to call Sakura?

Finally, the thing EMIYA changed with Illya became quite obvious this chapter. I'm not quite sure how that will ultimately save her, if at all. However I am quite certain that things will look very interesting soon. This also meant that she probably can't act as childish as she is in canon... but does this mean she can properly act the role of the older sister, or is Shirou still the onii-chan that he is in other universe? Probably won't matter for at least another chapter or two.

Well, it's a good chapter. Things are getting set up and fate is running its course. The only known thing about this war is that apparently most participants are teenagers (four confirmed, with Sakura and Ayako on 'pending' and one more unknown). It probably will still be pretty ugly though. All it takes is one psycho...

Anyway, keep up the good work. I look forward to when it all starts. UPDATE SOON!

PS: I wonder what EMIYA think of all this...
BlazeWings chapter 3 . 10/18/2012
wow im really likeing how this is going so far! kepp up the good work!
Ergast chapter 8 . 10/18/2012
Well... wow! A really touching chapter. The characterization of the characters was really good, and they seemed to dictate to you their own parts, instead of you writing them. I CAN believe it when you said that Rin took control over you of that scene in the last chapter.

It's also good to see the forgotten characters involved. Sadly, in the nasuverse the normals are forgotten or eaten, so for them to be involved and able to defend themselves (if only because they know what they have to avoid) is really nice. And the same can be said about your Illya.

As I already said, I'm not sure if EMIYA managed to make it better or worse than the originals yet, but he certainly made things interesting. Let's just hope for the good of Fuyuki that he didn't managed that in the chinese sense.
reality deviant chapter 8 . 10/17/2012
the issei and ayako situations were well thought out and written, and surprising in the latter. good job.
i hope rin and shirou will discover that issei and taiga are in the know about magic-would be a funny talk...
will ayako become a master? perhaps searching for the truth of what happened and who started the fire? will she end up opposed to shirou due to the outh of vengeance on the one to start the fire at the end of previous grail war?
NewAgeOfPower chapter 8 . 10/17/2012
Mmm. I can taste the drama about to ensue.
Krulk chapter 8 . 10/17/2012
Awesome... Just awesome...

SWORDSPAM from the very beginning?

BTW will CG EMIYA be summoned? Because that should be awesome too, CG EMIYA Teaching Shirou how to swordspam!
reality deviant chapter 7 . 10/13/2012
good chapter.
i liked the ayako and issei roads- hope next chapter have ayako learn from her grandpa about magecraft and her familie's connection to that, and the reputation and identity of her magus friends.

the rin -shirou scene was sweet . whats the meaning of taiga with the sword, and how much is she aware of magecraft?
what will happen to the kid sakura attacked?
328 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 .. Last Next »