Reviews for The View From Langley
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 11 . 7/8/2013
Brilliant wrap up and imaginatively done. Even though I knew what was coming (or at least, strongly suspected it), it still felt like a slap in the face (in a good way, emotionally speaking). There are several ways this could have been brought to a close, but this murder report is something I would never have thought of, so great work! After being wrapped up in Coaver's intimate thoughts and feelings all through this story, the strange sterility\emotional detachment of the report is very effective.

All in all, the story was faultless. Thank you for sharing it with us and, once again, well done.
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 10 . 7/8/2013
A very tense chapter, but it's all coming together now. I just love how you've captured the manipulation of all the main characters: Harry, even Jim, and everyone important to them. I still think he is slightly underestimating Sasha, though. He's a chip of that "red-haired spawn of Satan's" block (loved how you described Elena in this!). Anyway, brilliant work. Well done. Off to read the final chapter now, and I so hope Jim survives, it's been such pleasure being inside his head throughout this story.
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 9 . 7/8/2013
I love this! I love how Putin is involved in it, too. It's all very shadowy, and literally going right to the top of the Russian hierarchy. Brilliantly composed, too. It's fast paced and very richly detailed all the way through. One of the best fanfics on here, IMO. Anyway, the story itself is intriguing: Russia First sound deadly; the Gavriks are as chilling as they are complex and I'm eager to see where this goes. Thanks for sharing this with us, and well done!
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 8 . 6/25/2013
Awesome chapter! I love the insights, details and originality of it. The effort that's gone into this is clear to see, and your hard work really pays off. It's brilliant. It's great seeing things playing out from Coaver's POV, as I said earlier. It just gives us a whole new prespective on everything that happens. It was especially interesting to see his frustrations at the attempted assassination of Elena, and how he almost gets implicated in it. Great job, and thanks for sharing,
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 7 . 6/25/2013
Lovely update. I love how you've mapped out the ever increasing web of intrigue and plots. We can see how everything in linked, with roots deep in the past of JIm, Harry and the Gavriks. It's a fascinating read, and beautifully written. Thanks again for sharing this with us. A compelling read.
VelocityGirl1980 chapter 6 . 6/10/2013
Now it's getting interesting - especially with Coaver being followed around by his eldest daughter's double! Another brilliant chapter and a mesmerising read. The details and effort you've clearly put into each chapter is phenomenal. Thanks again for sharing this! :)
VelocityGirl1980 chapter 5 . 6/10/2013
I loved all the details about the Gavriks in this chapter, that was intriguing to read. You've fleshed them out as well as Coaver - and I'm pleased he's cottoned on to Elena's deception over Sasha (a character I ended up feeling really sorry for). This was another awesome chapter, really well written with the twists and turns all there. Brilliant, It's touching to see Coaver this concerned about Harry, too. Very few people (beside Ruth) seemed all that bothered about him. So this is a nice change! Thank you again for sharing this with us! BTW sorry for leaving unsigned reviews today - I'm reading on the sly at work :D
VelocityGirl1980 chapter 4 . 6/10/2013
Another richly detailed chapter. I love who you've taken the character of Jim Coaver and really fleshed him out - that's brilliantly done. As always, the turns and details make the story - the narrative is so rich. I really hope Coaver and his team get what they need on the dubious (to say the least!) Gavriks. Awesome chapter, and thank you again for sharing this with us.
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 3 . 6/3/2013
I loved the old school camaraderie that you injected in the conversation between Harry and Jim. You really "got" the relationship between them and their humour after so many shared memories and life experiences. That, in particular, was a pleasure to read. Overall, as well, it's another fine chapter! I know I'm sounding like a stuck record here, but it's great how it's coming from Jim Coaver's PoV. That really is a master-stroke. Thank you again for sharing this with us! :)
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 2 . 6/3/2013
Another great chapter that builds nicely on the last by taking us right back to the beginning for Coaver's story. Love it. What I like is that it's filling in the blanks left by the show, through time constraints etc. It pads out the story as well as offering that all important new perspective. Brilliant job, and thank you for sharing it with us. :)
Velocity Girl1980 chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
Fascinating start to the story! I wish I had spotted this one first now (the benefits of checking profiles, I should learn :P). I love that this story is coming from the perspective of a (relatively) minor character, so it offers a fresh look at the plot. This was a great idea. The writing is brilliant, too. Looking forward to reading on, and thank you for sharing this with us. :)
Genevastar chapter 10 . 11/16/2012
Oh dear. Poor Jim :( I actually got quite teary reading that last couple of paragraphs. You really wrote his death quite beautifully - proof of that, it never affected me at all on screen. And this chapter ended just perfectly. A wonderful piece of writing. Well done, indeed! And a very big thank you ... thanks to you I started re-watching series 10 last week!
Batteredpen chapter 11 . 11/16/2012
Thanks for wrapping this up so well. We did have a big yawning gap as to what happened to allow Harry to return to the Grid and how revenge cum justice was meted out to RussiaFirst.
Batteredpen chapter 10 . 11/16/2012
I felt sorry for Jim in the TV series. You're fiction has managed to make me feel even worse - in a good way as it was a marvellously imaginative reconstruction of the story. It almost shadows in a different way the situation with Ruth. Just when they finally got onto the same page/wave length tragedy happens.
kalabangsilver chapter 11 . 11/16/2012
Awesome but very sad. Poor jim. If only he and Harry had shared what they each knew. They would have figured it all out. Still, i suppose that was a recurring theme, in the last series, wasnt it? Didn't talk, should have talked... Thanks for sharing this. )