Reviews for Sing Along
Kayla chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
This was good. I just had to get on Youtube and listen to the songs while I read it. :D
cappy712 chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
That was GOOOOOOOOD we will, we will, rock you! Yes they will. Thank you for sharing.
Barnes-And-Nobleman chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
This was too perfect
The songs fit them too.
Great, now I want to see them sing these.
stelladelnordxd chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
josig;nvafjsoifpeikgnefqojgvo[ l'dmklgnewjkqfwoaslmjku8h53096 2501342sojknbejwglk; mnbdfvfZAC\S

i. fucking. love. you. omg. didn't help that i was listening to both songs purely by coincidence, either.
kattafre6611 chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
When I read you were writing about Queen I just had to read it, because I was a HUGE Queen fan in my teenage days, and I was delighted when I realized immediately that the fic is about Bohemian Rhapsody. I got hooked on SPN (and I mean REALLY hooked, as in I watched all seven seasons already 4 times...) just a few months ago, and when I listened to BR recently (and, of course, sang along) I instanstly made the same connections as you did, and I suddenly had goose bumps all over...
You did a fantastic job to interlace the song with the boys' lives and to express Sam's thoughts and feelings. That song IS a rollercoaster, and you captured it brilliantly. I loved to se the brothers having a (mostly) lighthearted moment together, and I loved the hopefulness in the end.
Thanks for sharing this beautiful story!
ArwenElessar1 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
I don't know where to begin. It floors me how much the lyrics fit Sam and Dean's lives. o_o

And, yes, I played Bohemian Rhapsody and We Will Rock You when I read this and belted it out. :D
scorpio24 chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I loved this story, especially the part where dean tells sam not to fuck up like they were giving a live performance. I could perfectly imagine this being a part of the show.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
I love how you used the song to help describe moments in the brothers life.
You did a great job with all the emotions one feels as it is read. I had to smile at Dean's actions and when the brothers sang together, but also felt sorry for Sam as he was swamped with memories while listening to the song.
The final two lines in your story were excellent and hopefully the "SN" writers will continue to remember this season.
'They would rock whatever crossed their path; whatever tried to pull them apart. Because that was the family business; saving people, hunting things...and sticking together.'
Thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us.
spnbluecats chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Oh, I will not read your histories anymore...I'm cry like a baby...
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
First off Freddie Mercury is a genius! Bohemian Rhapsody has got to be one of the best songs ever...(Aside from John Lennons: Imagin) In my book put this together so well...I wish it was on the show. That they'd use that song in this way. Just beatiful how hte song fits into the boys lives! As you showed us.

You wrote: Sam sighed harshly as Dean started chanting "don't stop me" and then launched into an impressive air guitar solo – steering the Impala with just his knees as he did so – and then began singing again; loudly and badly...which Sam had always suspected was done on purpose to annoy him.

Love the image of Dean steering with his dad did that. Guh! 'Nough said.

You wrote: Any way the wind blew, they went; didn't really matter as long as one brother was beside the other when they hit the road and headed to the next town.

Guh...yes! That is the bottom line of the sow...didn't really matter any of at as long as they were together! And stay together!

You wrote: knowing what was coming and hating the part in which the guy confessed to Mama that he had just killed a man.

Because they didn't have a mama – sometimes just the word made Sam want to cry

Very sad part indeed but espeically so for Sam...the fact he wants to cry at that part is so pure and understandable and I love it! You rock!

You wrote: "Just sing it. Don't analyze it."

Amen Sister. Sing it...don't try to figure it out! As with most things. Hands in the air!

I just love this...a favorite for sure!
Thank you for a touching and uplifting and so well done piece of writing!
zekeschance chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
This made me happy and sad. Happy to see them having a good time singing together with the cassette tape and sad because of all the memories it brought up for Sam. You wrote both boys where we could picture each action, glance and thought. Love that! But really getting into Sam's head was magnificent. Just mwah! Love!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Aww, those boys gotta get a Garmin already! And headlamps, and night-vision goggles, and... I've never really listened that close to the lyrics, you did a really nice job incorporating them into the events of their lives. As always, good job!
Angel'sSword chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I got this story from my sister's site (gaelicangel) and thought seeing as her pain meds have finally kicked in I'd take a look at this story and man I've got to tell you I freakin loved it.
The way you sumed up their entire lives with just one song and maneged to highlight how close they are as brothers was amazing and you did a terific job at mixing in the emotion.
Great story and this was a fantastic read.
You have got a new fan in me.

-Lin's twin bro Alex
sammynanci chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Already I do not have words to express it wonderful that you are and since always I surprise and thrill with your ideas. It had never payed attention to the letter of Rhapsody Bohemia and it does very a little time I started studying English (I am Argentine) so to discover these similarities thanks to your fic has dazzled me. Not that to speak about We will rock you! I adore you, thank you for giving us your talent and that could get excited, love them and to surprise them increasingly. A great embrace! Never stop writing, please!
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I have always loved Queen, and their Night At the Opera album was a real favorite of mine. It amazes me how accurately Bohemian Rhapsody fit Sam and Dean's lives, just like the story pointed out. I can see the song blaring on the stereo, Dean singing his heart out to it, and Sam joining in, reluctantly at first. This was a great story! Thanks so much for writing it. :D
53 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »