Reviews for Loss of a Friend
momcat chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
God, how I hate Abby sometimes ! I know that she is not real, just a character beautifully portrayed by Pauley Perrette.. I don't understand why the writers show her affectionate with the other characters but mean to McGee… But I know real people like her who can be mean to some others...
randomplotbunny chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
That was so sad, but sweet at the end. It was well worth the tears to read it.
NCIS fan chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
You're right about a tear-jerker. Hopefully Gibbs will get Abby to understand. I always like to see Gibbs being there as a father when one of his team is vulnerable.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I have two Doxies who are 12 years old. They are in every way members of the family and my "babies". But I am realistic enough to know that the time is coming when I will have to make some difficult dicisions. I can only hope that I can face those decisions with the strength Tim did. Sometimes the best way we can show our love is to let go.

Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
This is great. Brought back memories too.

Lisa
IMSLES chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
This story hits home for I too have a few friends who lost their 'family' member this week. Well done!

Sue
ladybugsmomma chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This was beautiful. I didn't made it halfway through before I broke down. My baby of fourteen and a half years passed four years ago and I still feel the pain of that loss and, like Tim, many others think I'm crazy for feeling this way, but only true animal-lovers know what that hole feels like after they're lost their best friend. I have a new best friend and she reminds me so much of my baby. She helps me through the pain and I tell her everything. Sorry for rambling. This just really touched me and I thank you for sharing it.
Sazzita chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Purrfect makes us pet owners feel understood!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This is the only fic i've ever cried to becuase it hits home. goodjob.
Dee Tease chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
After I wiped my eyes and hugged my JackRat Terror, I just wanted to say well done. this is a great dad and lad moment for Gibbs and McGee. Thanks for sharing.
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Having just put my own 14 yr old labrador/Shar pei "best friend" down a few months ago for the exact same reasons, this hit my crying button. Why did they have to have such short life spans!
tiva kissing in a tree chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
You made me cry :( Abby better get over it.
SherryGabs chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
What a heartbreaking, yet heartwarming, story that so many of us can relate to. Thank you for a sad, but lovely story.
special agent Ali chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Aw poor puppy...and probably why my parents never gave me a pet...no fish aren't pets their just something to look at and they all died on me anyway

But the story reminded me of my Aunts cat Oreo. They had to put her to sleep as well since she was just suffering. She was blind in one eye, diabetic and could barely eat or potty. I remember the very last time I saw her sitting on couch she ran into me. The family cried. I wonder what they will do if their black Lab Belle dies? She been around more than a decade...I'd miss that dog
ClioUrania chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
God. I remember when my cat died when I was in 8th grade. I think mom & I cried for 3 days. I'm glad that Gibbs was there. Ducky was right, Tim needed him then.